Monday 2 June 2014

On Getting Beauty Treatments and a Great Weekend

Happy Monday Ragers and Ragettes!!  I hope that you all had a fab weekend! 

As you know, on Friday (as it was payday) Simon gave me a half day and I went to the beauty salon to get prinnied up!  And prinnied up I got!

Simon drove me and I got in, announced my presence and waited for my first treatment.  The girls in the salon looked at me curiously. 

My name was called and I went to a pretty black haired woman who introduced herself to me.  She was going to get me nails back to their fabulous best!  Now, I thought as I am dating and successful business man and I am working for a successful business I better tame my nails. Instead of my Betty Rage scarlet talons, I opted for short French manicure.  The beauty therapist and I chatted freely and she asked about me and my background.  It was nice, I felt human again. 

Time was ticking on.  As I had an old set of acrylics on, she had to soak them off so my next appointment was coming up.  Bikini and eyebrow waxing.  

A larger lady came out and asked my nail technician if I was ready.  She looked at me and told me that she was going to do my bikini and eyebrows.

Now, I usually went to the Brazilian Waxing Company in Manchester for my waxing needs.  They are fab!  Quick, professional, lovely and well priced.  They use wax to do the waxing and they thread my brows.

Today, Betty Rage’s bikini line was going to get Sugared off.  Yes, sugared!  I have never heard of it either!!  Well it was interesting.  Still painful but it worked.  The more interesting thing was that I was a curiosity.  The woman who was sugaring my bikini line was saying that they were wondering about me.  They basically know most people in the town.  And because they didn’t know me they were curious.  I told them that I was dating Simon and I was “ok”.  They wax, manicure, pedicure and pamper Simon’s mum.  It was really weird.  I am different, I know but it was like a stereotypical situation that would see in a small town.  That kind of left a bad taste in my mouth.
When she finished my bikini line and my eyebrows, I went back to the front and my nail technician continued with my nails.  My next appointment was with a beautiful girl with big eyes.  She was going  to do my eyelashes, as in give me eyelash extensions.  She was very sweet but again, I got the impression that I was being sussed out.  She finished with my eyelashes and I went back to get my nails finished.

As my nail varnish was drying, I texted Simon to let him know that I was ready.

He came and picked me up and told me that I looked beautiful.  Sigh.  He’s great...

On Saturday, I woke up to a drunken message from Jan.  (Remember him?)  I don’t know how I felt.

I mean.  Jan...with his blue eyes, his chiselled cheekbones, that accent...damn...He is perfection to the highest degree.  He’s like an Adonis.  It’s scary.

I took a breath and sent a reply asking how he was and what he was up to.  I drove to the gym and started working out.  And just as Mazzy Star’s “Fade into You” came on my iPod, I got another text from Jan...Miss, please be my financial dominatrix. My heart went in my throat.  I closed my eyes and I did the one thing that made the most sense to me.  I sent a message to Suzanne. 
She came back saying that I was insane to entertain that thought!!  She was right.  I sent him a text saying that I am with someone now and that I am happy and if he wants a friend I am here.  I haven’t heard anything since.

When I got home, I cleaned myself and Simon and I headed to Manchester on the train to speak to my landlady.  She was coming up from London and we were going to speak about the flat and such.

We got in nice and early and had a lovely stroll around the town.  It was beautiful and sunny out.  

We finally met up with my old landlady, and I showed her Rage Towers.  She was taken aback at how much I cleaned, I bought new furniture and I made it look lovely.  She waived my final month’s rent.  I was touched.  We took her out for a drink and she insisted on buying both rounds.  We sat in the sunshine in Spinningfields and just enjoyed it.

She left to get her train and Simon and I went to Gourmet Burger Kitchen for a lovely meal.  We had an absolute lovely day. 

Then on Sunday I bounced out of bed.  We did our food shopping and then rushed to Simon’s parents.  I was so excited and so happy because I was going to see Suzanne!!!

When we got back from Simon’s parent’s house (later than I wanted!!) I rushed, got showered and put on a lovely vintage navy and white polka dotted dress and accessorised with my red peep toed shoes, a red flower in my hair, my red lippy and red rings and earrings.

We drove to Suzanne’s with the top down and I enjoyed every minute!  When I saw Suzanne I flung my arms around her and held her close to me.  I felt tears well up in my eyes.  It just felt great to be with my bezzie again.

We got in and I dumped Simon with Rick and chatted to Suzanne hugging her and telling her that I missed her so much. 

She looked really lovely too.  She was rocking a cute blue sleeveless blouse, black trousers and her trademark beaming smile.  I felt so happy and so much better about life because she was there.  I missed her more than I think that I will admit.  Her laugh, her smile....She’s a very precious and special woman to me. 

She and I did the Project 52 first photography shot.  I looked at the photos and I defo need to get back to the gym!!!!  So I am upping my game (I am considering going tonight after work) and keeping my head down and going for it!  By week 52 I want to look foxy as fuck!!  And with Suzanne I will!!

It’s been a good weekend very true.  And Monday?  Yeah, it’s been ok.  I am bit cranky and I am a bit teary today (I don’t know why) and so I have been quiet.  Simon is going to get a back rub from me tonight.

So there you go, Ragers and Ragettes.  Things are settling down nicely and I am feeling happier about life in general.  You get good days and you get bad days but when you are surrounded by good people, that’s all that matters!

So until the next time, stay fabulous!

Lots of Love


The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment