Friday 13 June 2014

On Flipping the Bitch Switch

Hi Ragers and Ragettes!!  I hope that you are all well on this glorious Friday!!!!

Well today I am rocking a vintage jumpsuit, gold accessories (earrings, blingy watch and massive cocktail rings) and my favourite wooden sandals and my Oliver Peoples Sunglasses.  If I say so myself, I am looking mighty good today.  It’s so important to wear things that you feel comfortable in.  When you do, and you smile everyone notices and then you look even better!!

Today we were clearing out the warehouse and Keith said to me, Betty you need to wear safety boots to which I replied, Keith they don’t go with this outfit!!  Men just don’t understand!!!!!  That’s why I need Suzanne; she would appreciate this outfit!!!

Anyway today I wanted to discuss something that I have wanted to address for awhile and a situation came up yesterday which demonstrates this....when and why a girl will flip the bitch switch.

At work, I pride myself on the fact that I give great customer service.  I mean, yesterday, I got so many compliments on my level of customer service.  I believe that when we purchase something firstly you should get your money’s worth.  Girlies, as you know if you buy cheap, you will get cheap.  Simple.

But if you spend serious money, you should get what you paid for in the sense you should get quality.

Yesterday, the carrier for our company fucked up...and I mean royally grade A fucked up good and proper.  They were supposed to deliver a parcel to Canada.....back on the 15th of April.  They lost it.

Now ever since I started working for Simon, I have been chasing and chasing and chasing the carrier for this, but always politely.  I have been professional, courteous, sweet, kind and understanding.  But yesterday....the bitch switch not only got flipped, it got torn off the fucking wall!!!!

The account manager for this carrier company was supposed to call me back on Tuesday.  He didn’t.  I called him yesterday morning and he basically blamed me and said that I was supposed to call him.  Errrmmmm....I was busy packing in the warehouse.  And surely I am the customer?  I started to get frustrated and I started to slowly flip the bitch switch.  He stuttered and let’s just say that things started to get moving.

I received a call from the call centre of said company and they said that because we didn’t claim within the time period (which is total bullshit) and the parcel is abandoned and it can’t be delivered.  That was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

Before I knew it, every swear word came out of my mouth in a torrent of abuse.  Simon looked shocked, Keith and Errol backed away.  For 15 minutes I let rip good and proper.  I effed and I jeffed and I dropped every swear word known to man. All in the same sentence!!!

When I finished I quickly apologised and Errol sheepishly came up and gave me a cigarette.  I was shaking.  I never felt so angry.  I mean, we pay them to do a job and they obviously can’t fucking do it.  And the customer...it’s not fair!!  And I broke a major rule of mine.  A wise man once told me, he who raises his voice first loses the argument.  And I have kept that philosophy pretty much since that wise man told me that.

Well, let’s just say that they have miraculously located the parcel and are delivering it on Monday.
But that brings me to my point, Ragers and Ragettes.  Why do we have to resort to flipping the bitch switch?  Why do people take notice when we do that?  If people listened, paid attention and cared one wouldn’t have to do that.

And when you flip the bitch switch, you are automatically called a bitch.  It goes to the famous question, how come when a woman flips the bitch switch she is a bitch and when a man does it he’s being “assertive”.  It pisses me off!!!

But as I have proven, Ragers and Ragettes, it’s a necessary evil.  You need to do it sometimes.  Why?  Because you know that you will be heard.  And, like with my current situation, you end up getting things done.  And also, it feels good.  I admit it.  When I was smoking the cigarette that Errol gave me, I felt like I was having a post coital cigarette.  I felt like I had saved the world in a way.  Well, Simon’s world anyway.

But I don’t want to constantly do it because it loses the effect.  If you constantly have the bitch switch to the on position, you are just a bitch!!  But if it is flipped every once and a while people are ok with that. 

Ragers and Ragettes.  What I am saying is if you feel that it is necessary to flip the bitch switch do it.  But when you do it, be like a fucking hurricane.  Leave some distruction behind.  Then take your compact out, retouch your make up, slick your lippy on and give them that winning smile.  Because that’s what makes the bitch switch the most effective.  Keeping people guessing as to when you will flip it.

I won’t flip it again for awhile, I think.  Right now I am enjoying Keith, Errol and Simon respecting and treating me like a prinnie.  I feel a bit bad but I think I will enjoy it for a few more hours at least...

Until next time, Ragers and Ragettes, stay fabulous!

Lots of Love


The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment