Sunday 22 June 2014

On Friendship

Hi Ragers and Ragettes!!  Here I am typing this up at my little writing station.  We finally have broadband and I finally get to use my writing nook!!  So I am listening to some tunes and writing this blog.

It's lovely and sunny today so I am rocking a black vest and a black, cream and orange maxi skirt with my gladiator sandals. And I think that I have caught the sun a bit so my pale and interesting chic is destroyed!!!!

Today I got up and went to the gym and I started my workout.  I felt really strange though.  I did the first thing that I thought of, I messaged Suzanne.

I told her that I was at the gym and was making small talk and she then pretty much started to discuss what I was thinking.

You see, Ragers and Ragettes, you need friends in life.  I don't mean "Facebook friends".  I mean real, proper friends.

Growing up I had a small circle of people that I thought were my friends.  In this friendship circle I was the nutty one.  The one who would make people laugh.  The clown.  But inside I was crying.  I didn't think that they understood me.  So in my last year of high school I pushed them away.  I became a loner.  Ever since I haven't had any proper friends because I focused on my career.

Then I lost my job and that was a massive man up slap.  I mean a proper man up slap.  I started to relax and open up to people, resulting in making some good friends.

One of those friends, as you know, is the beautiful Suzanne.  Suzanne is to me one of the truest, kindest, sweetest most loving people I have ever met.  Today when I felt weird, it was like she felt it too.  She felt how uncomfortable I am feeling in my skin.  She understood how I don't feel like myself.

Her husband, like Simon, tells her how beautiful she is everyday.  But she struggles with that thought.  If I hadn't have confided in her I don't know what I would have done.  She has helped me through everything.  And if she was reading this now I would say, Suzanne.  I am far away from you but you are my sister.  I love you and I miss you.  I miss your cuddles, your jokes, our fashion conversations, your infectious smile, your eyes, your voice....I just miss you.  I love you.  And you are so special to me.  So I won't let you down.  I will continue on my weight loss journey.  I will fight my demons and I will move on and get to be the woman I am meant to be, by the grace of God and by your strength.

I used to think that I didn't need anyone.  No man or friends.  But when you meet that special someone and you find a kindred spirit, you can't imagine life without  them.  When I get up in the morning, the first thing I do is kiss Simon good morning and message Suzanne.  I can't imagine a life without those two because I know that it wouldn't be a life worth living.

So when you find good people in your lives, Ragers and Ragettes, hold onto them tight and don't ever let them go.

Take care and please stay fabulous!

Lots of Love

The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment