Friday 6 June 2014

On Compromising: Part 2

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!!  Happy Friday!!  The sun is shining here and it’s lovely and warm!!  I love it!  So I am rocking today my favourite vintage sundress.  It’s a cute floral number with white, lime, turquoise, navy blue flowers and it has a lovely navy blue ribbon for a belt.  I have accessorised this little number with a white cardigan, a fierce blue cocktail ring, and some seriously chunky tan/wooden sandals.  And of course my red lippy!!  Suzanne texted me her dress choice.  She is rocking her black jeans, a black hoodie, her cowboy boots and her tan fringed bag.  God, I miss Suzanne L

Well, last night we moved Simon’s pet snake, Monty, into our home.  And Ragers and Ragettes...I am not happy at all with this considering that I have dead foetal rats in my freezer!!!!!  I didn’t get angry though....Betty Rage doesn’t do angry, causes frown lines and that is not a look that I am into!!

Betty Rage gets even.

So after we moved Monty into the flat, we walked to our local pub for a drink.  Simon could sense my disdain at the situation and was asking if I was ok.  I smiled sweetly and said, darling, I am ok.  I lit a cigarette and let the smoke curl in front of him.

I then said to him, let’s get something straight, Monty is your pet.  You feed, water, and handle Monty.  When you feed him I don’t want to be in the vicinity (I am sensing more late night gym sessions!!!).  I then smiled my most coy smile.

You see, I was texting my girl Suzanne about this and she came up with a valid point.  Why must Simon just have his pet and I can’t have one of my own?  So, Betty Rage is getting her own guinea pigs. 

I will buy them myself.  With my own money.  If Monty the snake is going to be foisted on me then I am getting my guinea pigs.  Compromises, eh?

But I don’t know what it is about Simon, he looked at me and said when are you going to buy your guinea pigs?

I didn’t even mention it!!!  How the hell did he know that I was thinking that????  And I thought that I was a woman of mystery!!  I guess that Simon and I are truly a match!  I took his hand, gave him my coy little smile and said, darling that is the fun bit.  You won’t know.  It may be next month, next year, next 6 months....I bit my lip.

He then cuddled me and told me that he was sorry for the upset at the Monty situation.  We talked it through and we are going to be ok.

Compromise is the name of the game of the game, Ragers and Ragettes!  It also helps that Simon is reasonable and sweet.

As I have blocked Dan on the phone, he has now proceeded to email me.  He sent me an email telling me that I “let him down” and shit like that.  I wanted to say, Bitch, please!  What about the catalogue of emotional abuse that you have given me?   What about how you neglected me, tore my confidence down?  I had the decency to forgive, forget and try to be friends.  It’s something that I will never understand....ever.

So I wrote him an email back.  I wasn’t nasty or horrible.  I just told him to pick himself up and be strong.  I explained that his behaviour scared me and that I was worried (which is true).  I told him to sort himself out, get the help he needs and be the best he can be.

He replied with a one liner saying that I still let him down and he needs a new challenge.  So I am through contacting him.  That chapter is well and truly over.

I feel like all the loose ends are being tied up and things are being put right in this world.  A sense of stability and serenity has descended on me.  I feel like everything finally slotting into place.

Plus Simon has gifted me a cute mini laptop thing for me to use on my fabulous vanity with cute red velour chair.  So when our broadband goes up, I can write properly and freely.  (I’m writing this at work incognito....)

So, Ragers and Ragettes.  Please enjoy your weekend wherever you are in this world!  Have a fab time and if you can’t be good, be good at it!

Lots of Love


The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. First of all, sounds like a killer sundress!

    Second, wtg on the pet situation, altho I feel I have to say, your Suzanne sounds like a bit if a mischief maker! But she does have a valid point.
    Thirdly, you and Simon must understand each other very well.
    Fourthly........so thats what you were to Dan/ A Challenge? As in a game challenge? And now he needs another?
    Good riddance to bad rubbish...and hope he remembers the KARMA bus.

    And last, but certainly not least....Hurry up Cable Guy!!!!!

    Have a Fab Weekend, Betty!!

    Goddess Rules,
    Elena xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elena

    It is a killer fabulous vintage sundress!! When Simon saw me in it he literally was breathless. It's my power dress!!!!

    Suzanne is the ultimate friend. I love, adore, worship her. She's one of a kind, they most certainly broke the mold with her!!! That's why I take her advice so seriously.

    Simon and I do. He's like no other man and I am the luckiest girl in the world.

    Dan needs a slap and a reality check. Just as long as the cycle of negativity is out of my corner of the world I am fine!!

    Hurray up cable guy, indeed!!!!!!

    You too, Elena!

    Goddess rules indeed!!!!

    Lots of Love

    The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete