Thursday 5 June 2014

On Compromising

Morning Ragers and Ragettes!!  Sorry it has been awhile.  We are still waiting for our broadband to be installed.  It was supposed to be done on the 23rd, and then we were told tomorrow but they have pushed to next Wednesday.  Once it has been installed, I can have my one hour of Betty Time a night so I can do my blog and other things.

Today is cold.  I really want summer to come and I want it now!!!  So I am rocking a beige and black tunic over my skinny jeans with a pair of fierce leopard print heels.  Obviously I have my red lippy and cheeky black flower in my hair.  I miss my old job in that I don’t get to see Suzanne and compare fashion.  Suzanne reported to me that she is rocking a pair of black boots, trousers, a turtleneck, a long black cardi and a fringed scarf.  We always used to appreciate each other’s outfits and Suzanne always offers good suggestions.  I miss my baby girl!!

Well, I have given up Rage Towers for 3 weeks now living an interesting life with Simon.  Living with Simon is actually alright.  He’s really thoughtful and I don’t have to train him too much.  The fact that we have separate bathrooms (no fights over toothpaste caps, toilet seats being up and cleanliness) and rooms makes it fabulous!

We have our main bedroom that we both sleep in.  This room as 2 wardrobes, a chest of drawers and obviously a bed and an en suite bathroom.  This is Simon’s room.  It’s plain and the decor is red, white and blue, kind a naval feel.  And the en suite just has a shower cubicle.  That is his bathroom.

My room has a massive wardrobe for all my clothes (could only fit a small percentage of m shoes in it) a chest of drawers and a vanity with a massive mirror that I put my perfumes, jewellery box, make up and I have space to do my writing.  It has a red velour chair that goes with it.  This is my room.  Because my room isn’t functional all the time, we put our laundry in this room to dry.  I do the ironing here also.  See?  Compromise!!

My bathroom has a bath, and shower and a massive mirror and shelves to put my facial stuff on.  Fabulous!  I have decorated it Monochrome.  My toothpaste holder and soap holder and glossy black with diamantes on it.  Did you expect less?

As we have compromised on the living arrangements, our lives are easy.  We haven’t had any domestics yet.  That’s pretty good!!  One will happen one day, I know it, but we are both so laid back.

We also compromise on the cooking arrangements.  Simon can’t cook at all.  He never really has had to cook before.  I can, well, kind of cook.  The amount of people that have given me cookbooks and cooking related utensils is unreal!!!  I can muddle through and make a few things.  I have started out making what I know.  Stir fries, steak, Thai Green curry and I have now started to spread my wings and make spaghetti and meatballs (the meatballs are store bought and so is the sauce but I want to get to the point where I am making it all myself.) with bread rolls, chilli and rice.  I am looking for other simple, healthy meals so if any of you Ragers and Ragettes have any ideas, please let me know!!  You’d be helping the rest of the Ragers and Ragettes out! 

Anyway, I do the cooking and Simon cleans up!  Honestly!!  He takes the plates and utensils and puts them in the dishwasher, cleans the counter tops and mops the floor!!!  I try to help but he says, you cooked I will clean.  I really hit the jackpot with this one!!!

So this is how we have been living.  When the broadband is up I will have my Betty Time and he will have his Simon Time.  I think it is so important to have time apart and do what you like to do.
But there is one issue that is causing some grief.............pets.

You see, Ragers and Ragettes, I am an animal lover (I do eat meat and bacon is the food of the gods!) and I would love to get a pet of some sort.  As we are in an apartment, we can’t really have a dog or a cat (even though I would love a kitty!) so we have had to go down the small creature route. 

But there are 2 problems with this.

Problem number one.  Simon has a pet python.  Yes, Ragers and Ragettes, you have read that right!  A pet, fucking python.  Named Monty.  (Monty Python, get it?)  This doesn’t bother me.  But what does bother me is that Monty’s favourite treat is foetal rats.  Yes, Ragers and Ragettes, foetal fucking rats. 

These foetal rats are stored in the freezer at his parents’ house.  The thought of having dead foetal rats in the freezer, frankly, makes me ill.  Imagine me taking out what I think is chicken, turkey or something like that and taking out foetal rats instead.  The thought is making me nauseous as we speak!

I was chatting to the warehouse lads this morning and they suggested that we put the rats in the freezer here at work.  That’s a thought.  I will have to think about how to resolve this.

Problem 2.  I have my heart set on a getting a guinea pig.  I have wanted a guinea for a very long time now.   I have names all picked out for them.  But the problem is that Simon’s mum is allergic to them.  The reason why this matters is that his parents would be the one to take care of them when we were away on vacation and stuff.  His parents come over to ours often too for drinks.
But when I was chatting with the Keith and Errol this morning and Keith mentioned that Simon’s mum is allergic to dogs.  And she has 2 dogs.....hmmmmmmmmm....

So I spoke to Simon about this.  He made some excuse about the type of dog isn’t sensitive to allergies and such.  I looked at him and realised that I have too much of a good thing going and I don’t want us to argue over something as trivial as a guinea pig. 

So we decided to have Monty the Python (I will use the we can’t have guinea pigs as leverage to put the foetal rats at work!!) and get some fish as a start and see what happens.

Yes, Ragers and Ragettes, sometimes compromise is so important.  Even if the other person is talking bullshit you need to bite your tongue and look at the bigger picture.  What is more important?  To me, Simon and our happy life.  He’s helped me, supported me, cared for me and draws me hot baths when I need it.  Yes, I think I can compromise on a Guinea Pig...but foetal rats?  I will win this one!!!!

Until next time, Ragers and Ragettes, stay fabulous!!

Lots of Love


The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

3 comments:

  1. O.M.G.
    Where would said Python live?

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.M.G.
    Where would said Python live?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Rager/Ragette

      Said Python is living in my front room.....yeah....

      Lots of Love

      The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxx

      Delete