Thursday 13 March 2014

You Can't Always Get What You Want....

I have always been one of these people that it either all happens to me all at once or nothing will happen to me at all.  That's the way it's always been! So the last few weeks have been...well....trying!!! My workload has increased and with Mr. Hump and Dump and going out on dates...God, I have felt so worn down!!! So what's a single girl to do when she feels worn down and is in need of some TLC? She calls her "Comfort Friend".

What is a "Comfort Friend" you ask? Well, it's basically a friend with benefits.  Some people refer to them as "Fuck Buddies" but I can assure you that mine is more than that!

Mine is a DJ here in the city. He's a few years older than me but we get along great. You see, not only is it a physical thing but he cooks for me! As I am useless in the kitchen, he's appealing to two needs! We see each other every two to three weeks. Awhile ago I tried to get rid of him because he partook in some activities that I personally am not comfortable with. But I found I missed him. I didn't just miss the dinners and the sex but I missed the company. The rude and un-PC jokes he tells. So we made a pact. Ignorance is bliss. He can do what he wants but we have laid down some really strict ground rules: no discussing other lovers (we use protection), no discussing the activities that I am not comfortable with, no falling in love, no mushy feelings. Just sex and dinner. We decided that a relationship between us would never work down to our different lifestyles, the age gap (which doesn't bother me) and that we are also too good of friends.

We get back to mine and I am feeling tired, worn out, vulnerable, scared and in need of a cuddle. He wraps his arms around me and kisses the top of my head. I feel instantly better. His hugs make me feel safe and warm. I grab us some beers and he cooks up 2 steaks, makes a lovely blue cheese sauce and I put some bagged salad on the plates. We had a nice meal watched some tv.

After the meal, I won't get into the gory details....a lady never tells after all!

Afterwards, we lay in each other's arms, his fingers tickling my bare skin. Ruffling my hair, rubbing my neck, tracing down my spine with his fingertips. I feel content, safe, warm. But most importantly I forget all the tough stuff at work. I forget about the fact that work is dragging me down and that I haven't rocked up in heels or worn make up for the last two days at work. I forget about Mr. Hump and Dump. I forget about turtle man. The other dates I had. It's just me, the candles I lit, and him. He's giving me what I need now. The feeling of being cared for and the feeling of being needed. I can be myself with him. He can be himself with me. Not only are we physically naked but emotionally naked. As we chat, laugh, and reminisce about our younger days, I realise that Mick Jagger was right. You can't always get what you want but if you try sometimes you just might find you get what you need. And tonight, darlings, I got what I needed. A good meal, a good laugh, some good lovin' and most importantly some tenderness. Sometimes us women just need to be told that everything will be ok and that we are princesses. Sometimes we need to feel vulnerable and we need someone to hold us and to be told that's it ok to feel these feelings.

So I go to bed tonight feeling satisfied, full and I feel that I am slowly getting my power back. After all, a good orgasm does help with a good nights sleep....


2 comments:

  1. A good orgasm helps even the worst of life's ills.
    Pink Lippy Kisses!!!

    ReplyDelete