Saturday 29 March 2014

On the walk of shame...

Well, last night's date was very eventful. Very, very eventful....

I sped home from work like a demon and got myself ready for my date. I put on my Aztec Bodycon, and paired it with my favorite black peep toed stilettos and a black patent clutch. As I was wearing a Bodycon, I put my full body Spanx on underneath. I figured it was the first date and he wouldn't get past 1st base...little did I know.....

I got to the train station as I was meeting him in St Helens and there were delays on the trains as there was a fire on the line towards Bolton. This was an issue because I had to change trains at Wigan and I only had 12 minutes in between trains. My train ended up being delayed. So I called my date, Simon*, and told him that I might end up stranded in Wigan to which he replied he would drive up and get me. Luckily, he didn't need to. I sprinted to my train and within 20 minutes the train was pulling into the station. My tummy had butterflies. He texted me to say that he was in his Land Rover outside waiting for me. I was shaking. I checked my make up, took a deep breath and strutted my stuff out to him. I spotted his Land Rover and strutted over. He opened the door for me and I hopped in. My heart was pounding. It was rainy and cold so I was shaking. He leaned over, hugged me and kissed me on the cheek.

He drove me to his work to drop his car off, he has his own business, and showed me his warehouse. We chatted business as I know a thing or two about logistics. He was impressed with my knowledge. He remarked that I would be good for his growing business...God he was so cute.

He locked up and we walked hand in hand to the city centre. We walked into a quirky pub and I ordered a glass of red and a double JD and coke for him. We found a couch in a cozy corner and sat down and started to get to know each other. We had to watch the time as the last train back to Manchester was at 10:43. The conversation flowed and he kept saying that I was beautiful, which for me is hard to digest. God he was cute. As each round was bought we sat closer and started holding hands....then he leaned in for a kiss....magic....the butterflies in my tummy were increasing. When he kissed me, my skin tingled. This felt so right. I looked at the time and he said its 10:30 time to go for your train. My heart sunk. He looked at me and said, Betty, I can't let you go. And I said said, I feel the same. We walked hand and hand towards the train. He stopped, turned to me and said, miss the last train Betty. Stay with me tonight. And he passionately kissed me. My body pressed against him, I could feel the raging hard on in his trousers. I looked at him, took a deep breath and said yes, I'll stay with you tonight. We both giggled and walked into the next pub.

I then realised that I was wearing my sucking in full body pants. Fuck!!!!! How unattractive is that!!!!!! He ordered more drinks and I sprinted to the ladies room as fast as my stiletto clad feet would allow me. I got into the cubicle and took my sucking in pants off and managed to roll it up and squeeze it into my clutch bag. I just prayed that the clutch would stay closed. I can't let him see me in them!!!!!

I strutted back feeling embarrassed as my wobbly bits were probably very much wobbly but I remember Suzanne's wise words. Goddess attitude. Keep the goddess attitude. I strutted back to him and we sat next to each other chatting, kissing, laughing and gazing onto each other's eyes.

Before we knew it, the lights came on signalling that the pub was closing. We got up and started to walk out. We walked back to his warehouse and as soon as we got in, he kissed me passionately...I and before I knew it, well, things started happening on the floor of his office.

We laid in each other's arms, my head on his chest. His heart was racing. We fell asleep on the floor on the make shift bed he made, which comprised of a sleeping bag, some blankets and big stuffed bear.

I woke up feeling a bit fuzzy headed to him kissing me...good morning beautiful he breathed. Things got physical again. Afterwards I laid in his arms feeling content, safe, elated and strangely empowered. But then my heart dropped.

I am going to have to get the train back to Manchester and do the walk of shame.

Ladies, at one point in time or another, we've all done the walk of shame!!!! And I looked the part. Messed up hair? Check. Make up all smeared? Check? Inadequate dress for the time of day? Check. The only thing missing was a broken high heel to complete the look but at least my beautiful shoes were in tact.

We found our clothes that we scattered around the room. He looked at me and said let's go for a coffee. I got nervous because coffee shops after a steamy night can sometimes lead to a hump n dump situation. Ok I said nervously. He walked over to me, put his hands on my hips pulled me close and kissed me. Why are you so nervous, he said. I said I'm scared that this was only a one time thing. He took my face in his big hands and said, I want to see you again. Don't worry. I smiled and hugged him.

We went to a coffee shop and chatted. We held hands the whole time. We kissed, laughed....it wasn't awkward at all. He made me feel relaxed.

Then it was time for the walk of shame. He took me to the train station got on the platform with me. He wrapped his arms around me waist and kissed me as we waited for the train. We decided to meet next Saturday. The train pulled into the station and he kissed me for the last time. The walk of shame was about to begin. I said goodbye and got on the train.

As I got on the train i knew eyes were on me and I know what the people were thinking....the state of her, she's doing the walk of shame. You know what? I didn't give a shit! I put my headphones on, after my sucking in pants fell on the floor in front of everyone on the train....thank God Simon wasn't there!!!! I listened to music and halfway to Manchester I texted him thanking him for the night.

The train pulled into my stop. I had to walk a bit to get a cab across a small town centre probably busy on this fine Saturday morning.

I remembered Suzanne's words....listen to your inner goddess. Fuck what people think!!!! So I took my powder and red lippy out (after my sucking in knickers fell on the floor of the train again!!!) and touched my make up as best as I could. I fluffed my hair up and decided instead of doing the walk of shame walk of shame, I am going to do the strut of shame. And strut I did!

Yes I got filthy looks but I didn't care. Simon texted me back and we've been texting ever since.

So ladies, if you had a great night, don't feel embarrassed when it comes to the walk if shame. Fix your smeared make up, fluff up your hair put two fingers up to the haters and do the strut of shame.  Your inner goddess will thank you.

Lots of love

Betty Rage xxxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Strut/Walk of Shame?
    I don't THINK so.
    People may look sideways and tut...but they are just jealous because they know their days of staying out all night and having that kind of fun are at an end and they are jealous.
    Jealously is an UGLY thing.
    Head High- Rear in Gear...
    Lippy on, Smile in Place.
    Repeat the following:
    I. Am. GODDESS.

    Elena xxx


    ReplyDelete
  2. Elena, best advice ever darling!!!!! It was worth it!!!!!

    Kisses

    Betty Rage xxxxx

    ReplyDelete