Wednesday 26 March 2014

On losing weight

Wednesday started out great!!! I didn't get much sleep last night which is strange. I have cut out caffeine I think....I have stopped drinking coffee and substituted it for green tea with peppermint...I am hoping that's caffeine free. It tastes awful but i know it's good for me so I am pinching my nose and downing it.

Anyway, I woke up and went to the gym, had a good workout and decided to rock a geometric/abstract blue and yellow dress paired with black tights, my patent Mary Janes and a blazer. I also parted my hair down the middle channeling a Victoria Beckham 1990's Spice Girls do. (If it's good enough for that skinny bitch, it's good enough for me!!!) I felt great today. I have been eating better and it really has effected me for the best.

I have always struggled with my weight. I developed curves in my early teens. I have a big ass and full hips but small tits. It's a bit of a let down that because I am totally out of proportion. I struggled with my shape growing up. I wanted to be skinny like my friend Crystal*. She was a gymnast and was so skinny. I was always the tubby and outgoing sidekick. I lived with it all through school. Then when I was 16 I decided I wanted to diet and that's when my years of yoyo dieting started.

So for the past 16 years my weight has fluctuated so much and now, I am the fattest I have ever been. It's dreadful. I feel so uncomfortable in my own skin. I did all sorts of diets in those 16 years but this time is different. Why? Because I started listening to my body.

There have been phases where I have lived on a cup of coffee, 5 cigarettes and a burger patty. I lost weight but I was miserable. I don't want to be like that again.

So I decided to ditch the fad diets and use common sense. I went online and put my vital statistics in and it suggested that I consume 1200 calories a day and if I team that with exercise I will get to my goal weight in time for my birthday. So for the last 3 days I have done just that. You know what? I feel great. I am not depriving myself of anything (except for dairy which I am intolerant to) and I am eating 5 times a day. All good things. I have more energy and I feel happier in myself. People are noticing saying that I look happy and healthy. I do feel stronger and better.

The one thing though going to my gym is interesting. I used to go to a council gym that was cheap. I used to go first thing in the morning. We all knew each other (not by name but by sight) and the same characters were there every morning. They were usually older and they just went in, worked out and got on with it. My current gym....I like it. It's a really lovely gym with a sauna, steam room, spa, Starbucks. It's quite pretentious. The one thing I don't like? The fact that there are so many skinny bitches!!!

Now there is nothing more off putting she. You have finished your workout and your face is all red/purple and you're trying to put your makeup on and this skinny bitch in a Chanel bikini that looks like she hasn't eaten in a week comes up to the mirror and starts sucking her tummy in complaining that she is fat. I'm like, if you don't eat a burger love the kids in Ethiopia will end up making a charity single for you!!! A lot of the girls are like that. But I am not letting it phase me. You know why?

I have accepted my body. Yes I want to lose weight but I wo to be a skinny bitch like Crystal was. Because my body isn't like that. I read that the amount of women going for butt implants has risen by 54%. So women are paying money to get an ass like mine...

So ladies...love your bodies. Yes there are lumps and bumps and if you want to lose weight be realistic. Do it for the right reasons and don't think of it as depriving yourself or you have to slog it out at the gym. Think of it as a doing something good for your body and by doing something good for your body should be a good thing not a horrible thing.

Stay fabulous everyone!!!

Love

Betty Rage xxxx

1 comment:

  1. It's true. You are the way to a smaller body on the path you have chosen, Betty.

    You know- from what you've written, you have really good days- or really bad days. But you are a fighter for sure. When things lok bad, you step back- evaluate- and then put your head up, your "lippy" on, and you come out with the gloves on- stronger than before!!
    That's Goddess Attitude!!!
    You will work it out....the question for you now is is the skinny bitches at the gym a detriment to your determination- or are they an - well, I wont say inspiration, after all- who the hell wants to be a skinny bitch with no curves for their man to hold onto????
    But you get the gist... At my gym I'm going back and forth- on the one hand theres this one little girl there who is a fit little thing- and I'll go back and forth to hating her guts and envying her tight little bod- to tsk'ing her and feeling sorry for her. She's both my inspiration to get smaller, and the reason I hang my head in shame because of my (next to her) enormous size. On the other hand- I hold my head up and go faster on the treadmill and tell myself that I'm a foot taller than she is and when I'm at my ideal weight, I'm the Marilyn Monroe to her Kate Moss and I know who men are more drawn to.
    Just call me Marilyn!!!
    Hang in there Betty!!!
    xxx
    Elena

    ReplyDelete