Sunday 30 March 2014

Dating dilemma....

What a fab weekend I have had, Ragers and Ragettes!!! Been looking at my stats on my blog and I have readers in Germany, Czech Republic, Venezuela, Malaysia, Netherlands, the United States and here in the United Kingdom. (If I missed anyone, I'm sorry truly you will get a shout out) All I have to say is thank you so much for taking the time to read my thoughts and ramblings. You are all truly fabulous. Mwah!!!!

Well as you all know, I have been on this dating website and I have been chatting to all sorts of men. Well, as you from one of my previous posts my love for Danish men (honestly, girlies, the Danish version of a The Killing, Series 2 Episode 5, pause at 46 minutes and 11 seconds!!! You'll thank me later!!!) while being on this website a Danish man stumbled across me! He has an amazing name but as all the people I mention in this blog are anonymous I will just have to call him Jan (pronounced Yan). He looked handsome with chiselled cheekbones and intense blue eyes.

After Friday's date and Simon* (Friday's date) still texting and feeling dreamy last night as I was falling asleep, I received a text from Jan inviting me out for Sunday lunch and a drink. And considering my love of Danish men I thought he's impossibly dreamy, I would be punching above my weight what do I have to lose?

So today I decided to show my sweet and innocent side and pushed my inner goddess into a box. So I rocked my lip print smock top, skinny jeans, my coral ballet flats and my matching Julian MacDonald handbag and I added a cheeky rose in my hair. So I left the flat looking and feeling like what Suzanne would say a soccer mom. But I decided instead of being a vamp today I should be the girl next door....but I did put my red lippy on. It was a sunny day so I put my Oliver Peoples oversized sunnies on. Fabulous!!!

We arranged to meet next to the Arndale shopping centre in Manchester City Centre. When I found him I was taken aback. Damn....his picture didn't do him justice!!!!  He was tall, slender, beautiful dark hair, pale skin and the most piercing blue eyes I have ever seen. I was well and truly punching above my weight on this! I smiled and he recognised me. He came over and leaned down and hugged me. He smiled and we decided to go for a beer. We went to the Blue Pig cafe in the northern quarter and I bought 2 beers. We chatted in the sunshine. The conversation flowed easily. He was intelligent, cultured, well travelled and a total gentleman. Plus he has a gorgeous smile and those eyes.....damn!!! We finished our beers and then decided to get some lunch. We walked through the northern quarter and found a tapas bar. We ordered food and a jug of sangria. The conversation flowed naturally and we laughed and sat closer. When he got up to go to the toilet, he touched the small of my back gently. It felt so intimate.  As much as I wanted to be wearing my red patent leather red 5 inch stilettos with ankle straps I realised that I dressed properly for this date. Jan was truly a gentleman. We finished the sangria and realised that we had been chatting for 4 and a half hours straight. Where did the time go? He paid for the lunch and the sangria. A total gentleman. As I found out in the course of our conversation, he lives around the corner from me, we decided to walk home together. So I linked arms with Jan and we enjoyed the sun as we strolled down Deansgate.

He was saying that the Danish in dates don't usually hold hands or touch each other on first dates. D'oh!!! There I am holding his arm!!! I apologised and went to pull my arm away but he took my hand in his and said keep it linked with his arm. We continued to chat as we entered the canal pathway (at this point I was happy that I wore my flats! Those cobbles are a bitch!!) and the conversation just flowed. It felt lovely. We came to the exit that we needed to get off at. We agreed to meet for dinner at the funky restaurant around the corner. As we left the canal path I knew I needed to say goodbye. I turned to him and thanked him for a truly lovely and fabulous day. He gave me a massive hug and I rested my head on his chest. I breathed him in. God he smelled good. I took a step back and looked up at him. He lifted my chin up with his fingers gently and kissed me...his lips were soft. It was a gentle kiss that frankly left me speechless. See you Thursday he said, in his sexy Danish accent. We turned our separate ways and walked to our homes.

The fact that this date was so different than the one on Friday turned me on massively. Both dates were great. Different. Both men I want to see again. So here's my dilemma....

Who do I choose?

Simon is intense. Passionate. He's a self made man that has a good work ethic. He's constantly telling me how beautiful I am. I can see a future with him.

Jan....Jan is an enigma. A gentleman, he's cultured, sexy. And with those big baby blues of his. So intense. Plus with the evidence I gave from The Killing....well, let's just say what goes on the bedroom will be great!

So on Wednesdsy I am going out for dinner with Simon and I'm going out with Jan on Thursday for a second date. Hopefully I will get an answer.

So until next time, Ragers and Ragettes, stay fabulous!!!

Lots of love

Betty Rage xxxx


4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the world-wide visitors!! I have a blog too and the worst part is trying to get people to comment on your blogposts. Everyone reads it- but they wont comment and that drives me absolutely around the bend sometimes.
    Now- sounds like you had a very nice weekend! Two winners!! Now THERE's something that doesn't happen very often at all. From my own viewpoint its Dud, Dud, Dud, HOT DAMN, Dud, dud, meh, meh, meh, HOT DAM, dud, No damn way, dud, dud, meh..... and on and on and on.....
    Keep us posted!! I'll comment now and again (I do read it every post tho-)and looks like you got a follower who isnt afraid to comment either..
    Keep it sweet, Betty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! That means a lot to me!!!! I am glad you are enjoying this! I am enjoying writing this.

      I shall keep you all posted and we'll see what this week brings!!! xxxx

      Delete
  2. That's Ab-Fab, Darlin'!! As Anon said- that doesnt happen often!

    I think you need to see each of them a few more times before you even THINK about choosing one over the other. First impressions are an illusion sometimes. Time will tell as to if anyone is blowing smoke.
    Today was an absolutely beautiful day for a walk in Manchester.
    Someday we shall have to see about getting together and having lunch...let us see the face behind the words!!! I think theres a good possibility,judging from your posts, we could become great friends!!!
    Let me know if you're interested in the future!!

    Goddess Rules,
    Elena xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elena
    Thank you for the adulation. This is crazy but fab! I am enjoying this and you and anon I really appreciate you reading my thoughts.

    You are right, first dates are like job interviews. You only get to see the good and a lot of time it's littered with bullshit and lies. I will do have a few more dates with both to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete