Friday 14 March 2014

That Friday Feelin' and the Ex Factor

Well happy Friday to everyone!!!! I had a fabulous Friday. Today was casual day at work, so I rocked an oriental/kimono top with bootcut jeans, cowboy boots finished off with a Fendi bag. So yes, I looked good!

Everyone had that Friday feeling today at work. My manager and I even had a giggle and a good perv over the sexy George Clooneyeque IT Director. That guy is pure filth! The naughty things I think when I see him!!!

As you are all aware, it's been manically crazy at work for me; I rarely get a lunch break. But today I put my cowboy boot down. So I went out on my lunch break with my good friend Suzanne.* Every once and awhile in life you meet a someone who gets you, understands you perfectly. Well Suzanne is that someone. She's a strong woman and we have been through similar experiences. When we go out together, we get into trouble, there is never a dull moment! She always makes me laugh and she is upbeat and no matter what life throws at my dear Suzanne, she takes it, goes with it and makes it work for her. She's definitely a cat, always lands on her feet!!

One of the many things I love about Suzanne is the fact that she has overcome so much and always looks forward which brings me to what is on my mind...ladies and gentlemen, the "Ex Factor".

What do you do when an ex contacts you? Do you go back or move forward like the beautiful Suzanne?

Bring forward the ex. The Ex and I go back to 2004....yes, 10 years ago. I was a 22 year old living a life of getting drunk, falling out of clubs and waking up next to strangers in Hertfordshire. The ex, at the time, was working for a company that supplied the company I worked for. He was 4 years younger than me. Had a cheeky smile, made me laugh, and did crazy things. I like the fact that he was younger than me. I liked how when I was with him, all problems went away. One night we went to this scabby night club, bought a bottle of champagne and swigged it from the bottle as we walked arm and arm around the club. But he had issues. Major issues. He got married and divorced very young and carried his wedding band around with him always. The divorce was hard on him as his ex cheated on him. His behaviour became more erratic as time went on. Where he thought he was being spontaneous, he was actually scaring the shit out of me. Then, one Friday he said he was going to drive up and see me for a romantic weekend. So I got a bikini wax, shaved my legs and put my sluttiest lingerie on. And I waited....and waited....and waited.....the candles I lit had burned out and I sat there feeling like a complete ass. I spent the night crying on my bedroom floor. I didn't hear from him after that....until this past Monday.

He looked me up on Facebook and saw where I worked. He used his logic and guessed my work email address. He sent me an email saying he misses me, always loved me, blah, blah, blah, bullshit, verbal diarrhoea, more bullshit. But a part of me was intrigued. Had he changed the way he said he had? Was there still a spark? That smile, God!!!! He keeps pushing to come up from Milton Keynes and see me. My brain is totally pickled. I haven't thought about him in ages and now he comes back into my life??? What the fuck? Half of me is beyond angry at him. He hurt me! He left me in that flat waiting! He didn't even have the testicular fortitude to call me, text me or email me!!!!! But the other half of me says that I have been given so many second chances in life. So do I give him a second chance? A wise person once said that sometimes giving someone a second chance is like reloading a gun because they missed you the first time, or some shit like that. All I know is that this is absolutely wrecking my head.

But saying all that, I know what I must do. Pour a glass of red, hit the block button on Facebook, put my 6 inch platform Carvela stilettos on and strut off fabulous and free into the sunset.....



*Names have been changed to protect the innocent.....or the not is innocent....;-)

2 comments:

  1. Well, Been reading your blog and love it.
    I think the thing is- we all have that one ex who broke our heart. Yeah- it's fine to give em a SECOND chance-IF you have the courage. But Never EVER give them a third chance to walk on your heart. And sometimes you just know in your heart that it's best for YOU if you DO just step into the Cavellas and strut your ass on down the road of life without em!!!
    Red Lippy Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback. I'm new at this blogging thing. But I am happy that people can relate :-)

      Delete