Friday 21 March 2014

Gastric bug Day 2 - and taking care of yourself

Hey everyone! I am writing this from Rage Towers rocking my snuggly dressing gown, a white vest and a pair of jogging bottoms. Hair scraped back. Gastric bug day 2.

I phoned in sick which isn't like me but my body is feeling seriously tired and heavy. And I don't even want to go into what's going on with my colon!!! I feel guilty though. I mean really guilty! Yesterday I texted my manager (the one that looks like a kicked puppy) and she properly guilted me into going in. So I threw some clothes on, drove to work and got to the project I was working on. As I was going down the stairs my manager was coming in and with a big grin in her face she asked how I was feeling and if I was angry at her. I smiled and said I had work to do. She said she'd check in on me in an hour. I got on with my work and as the minutes ticked by I felt worse. So I called my manager and said I'm going home. So she came down and I talked her through what I was doing and I jumped in my car and zoomed back to Rage Towers. And here I am feeling tired, drained, bloated, achy and pathetic. And guilty.

After everything I went through with losing my job last year I feel like when I go back into work on Monday I am going to get sacked. Honestly. It's engrained into my mind. I know that's ridiculous. I know that the people at work saw how much pain I was in. I know I'm being stupid.

But on the upside, I've lost 2 pounds :-D

So here I am thinking I rarely get sick. I never get colds or viruses. Why did it get this bug?

Well simply, because I haven't been taking care of myself. Work has been insane so I have been skipping breakfast and lunch some days. I haven't been going to the gym. Not good at all. My social life has been good, very good but to be honest I really need some me time.

In a way, I think this gastric bug has been a blessing in disguise. It's made me slow down and realise that I need to take my physical and mental health seriously. I need to learn to turn down social plans and make sure that I am not rushing around like a crazy lady and worrying about everything. I need to stand up and say "No, I can't afford to go out. I want a quiet night in." But I also need to train myself that this is ok to say and think. So I have made a pact. Every night I am giving myself an hour of me time every night and I a giving myself more "me-ekends". Think of all the money I will save! That means that I can save and spend more money on shoes! Result!

I hope you all make the same resolutions. Give yourself the gift of me-time. It's the most important gift you can give to yourself!

Stay fabulous!

Love

Betty Rage xxxx

1 comment:

  1. That definately sounds like a Goddess thing to do Betty. We all need a bit of MeTime. It's good for the Body and Spirit.

    Take care of yourself.
    xxx Elena

    ReplyDelete