Tuesday 29 April 2014

On Betty's Breaking Point and Single No More?

Hi Ragers and Ragettes! What a crazy few days it's been! I'm so sorry for the lack of posts!

Well, let me recap what has happened.

Thursday night I met up with Laura, Laura's boyfriend and Dan. We ended up going to the darts (yes, I know....classy!! But it was a fab night out!!). It was a bit....ermm....intoxicating shall we say. But it was a fab night out and a laugh.

On Friday morning, I got up and drove down to St. Helen's to work with Simon. I was beyond excited. And with the debaucle with Jan, I am pretty sure that I have made the right choice. As I drove down, I sang along to the radio, so happy. I was excited to get stuck into the job. Plus I needed to get my exhaust sorted on my little car.

I arrived at the warehouse and Simon was sitting on the bench in front of the warehouse sipping coffee. When I pulled in, he smiled and approached the car. He opened my door for me and kissed me. I got out of the car and wrapped my arms around him. I breathed in his scent and felt instantly happy.

He took me to his friend and he looked at my poor little car and got a new exhaust sorted for £114. Ouch!!

We went back to the warehouse and got stuck in. I met the 2 warehouse lads, they seem nice, and I sat with him.

Simon and I worked together very professionally. Honestly. There was no touching, kissing or anyhting like that. He takes his company so seriously. And his enthusiasm and passion for the job was infectious. I felt so happy and fulfilled. My skills that I had built up were actually being used!

The time flew by and soon before you know it, 5pm came around. He said goodbye to the warehouse lads, locked up and he walked over to me and grabbed me. He pushed me against the door and kissed me. My body wanted him. I needed him so badly.

He looked at me and said, you're so beautiful. I smiled and kissed him lightly on the lips. He took my hand and we went to his car and headed back to his. We were going to go out for a drink...back to the same pub where we had our first date. We snuggled in and chatted and had a laugh. I looked at him, and Ragers and Ragettes...my heart softened. I needed him. I knew it. I then took my phone out and said I'm making this official. I logged onto the old Facebook and he did the same. We then did it. We are now officially a couple! And Ragers and Ragettes...I haven't been happier!

We got home from the pub and snuggled and fell asleep in each other's arms.

We had a great weekend together. He met Suzanne and I met his best friend, Kirsty. I think I passed that test!!! And he passed the Suzanne test.

You know, the beautiful Suzanne always talks about her man, Rick, and sometimes it makes me gag. No disrespect to her, I haven't had that sort of love in my life. Suzanne loves Rick and Rick loves Suzanne. It's a strong love and she gets mushy sometimes. But now I understand. I totally get it. Suzanne, I'm sorry for gagging at your romantic messages. I am with you on this!! I honestly think that I am falling for Simon.

Then I drove home on the Sunday feeling deflated. I was going to meet the sexy Pete for a drink on the sunday and you know what? I didn't actually care. Dan came along because we were going to
watch the football match with Pete. I went through the motions when I met up with Pete. I smiled at the right time and laughed at the right things. I just wanted Simon.

We lost the match but I didn't care. Dan and I walked to the train station and were chatting. I started to get upset. My heart was racing. I looked at Dan and said, I cannot do this anymore.

He looked at me and said, what do you mean?

I broke down and cried so hard. Dan put his arm around me. I just sobbed. I had reached my breaking point. The thought of doing that drive into work and deal with the traffic, have the fake smile and say all the right things at the right time. I hated that thought so much.

Ragers and Ragettes...I couldn't bear the thought of going to work. I wanted to be with Simon. At my current job I am just a glorified pencil pusher. On Friday, I saw a world of me fulfilling my potential with people who want to do well and work hard. Dan looked at me and said, go to the doctor and get yourself signed off for the week. I have never done that sort of thing before. I felt bad about it but I would have felt worse dragging myself in...my heart isn't in it. I wouldn't have given my all.

So I made the decision. I decided to call in sick and get signed off....heaven help me!! I texted Suzanne and told her everything and she backed me 100%. I asked her to get my things from my desk and she kindly said that she would.

I called Simon straight away and I told him my feelings. He totally backed me. So I went to bed feeling a bit better.

I woke up the next morning, took a deep breath and called the HR department. I spoke to the HR woman (we get along well) and I was honest with her. She was totally lovely and supportive. I then called the doctor and got an appointment for 2:40. I then called Simon and told him everything.

We agreed that I would start working for him on Wednesday. He said that he would pay me on Friday for those days....in cash.

I received a call from my manager and a snotty text from one of the girls in my department. None of
them asking if I was ok. None of them caring. I knew that I made the right choice.

I went to the doctors and told her the truth. She signed me off without hesitation and I walked out feeling like it was going to be ok. For the first time, everything was going to work out fine.

I got home and cleaned Rage Towers happily. My laundry got done, my room got cleaned up and I felt like everything was going to be ok. Simon was going to come up tonight for dinner so I bought some steaks. (It's the only thing I can cook!!!)

I put on my black strapless floral maxi dress and dyed my hair back to it's Betty Rage colour. I felt human and happy.

Simon arrived and I took him out for a drink. We chatted, kissed and I felt so happy. I really did. I know that there are going to be bumps in the road along the way. I know that the course of true love will not run smooth but I am not thinking about it. I am going along with it.

Ragers and Ragettes. Listen to your instincts. When you hit your breaking point, sometimes you need to back away. Yes you might ruffle a few feathers, but who cares? Honestly. Your sanity is far more important. You need to take care of yourself.

So I am getting ready to go to Simon's. With the money that I am getting on Friday, I will have a cushion. So I am going to get my nails done, go to my new gym and sign up and strut in looking the business.

Watch out, World. Betty's back in town!!!

Lots of love,

Betty Rage xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment