Sunday 6 April 2014

A Weekend With Simon and Taking Risks

I have had the weirdest, craziest but fabulous weekend. Simon came over to stay yesterday.

When he arrived he presented me 5 white roses. No man has ever bought me roses before. We decided to go for a walk as it wasn't too bad outside.

We walked hand in hand down the Quays and we had a good long chat. He told me more about his life and as we chatted, I started to respect him more. I mean he took a huge risk and decided to make his own company during a recession. And it's growing now massively. I couldn't believe it. I mean I have never met a man who had his shit together the way Simon has. He has a heart of gold and a good head on his shoulders. We walked a good 4 miles hand in hand and I felt relaxed and quite content.

We got back to mine and we sat on the settee. He took my hand and said, work for me Betty. Please.

I felt terrified. I had drawn the contract up the day before. I took it out. We started to run though each clause.  Shaking, I read him the clauses that I had written. I explained them. My throat felt dry. He agreed with the terms. Then I got to the last term. I wrote it specially for him. I cleared my throat and said:  Both parties are to act in the best interest of the business despite personal circumstances. I looked up and said that means if this falls apart, you can't fire me and I can't sabotage your business. I put the contract on the table.

I looked at him and he said, type it up, sign it and send it to me Monday morning. I will send it back signed. I started shaking. He hugged me and held me close. Why are you shaking he asked.

This is going to fast for me I said. Simon said, we will take us slowly. You've protected you and my business. I need you expertise to help me either my business. The money would be a massive help. The job would be more fulfilling. My only fear was that I would be tied to Simon.

He took my hand and said, I am talking on a professional level. You are intelligent, intuitive, and strong. You're good for my business. I looked into his eyes. He touched my face and leaned in and kissed me. This kiss was electric.

I bought a bottle of perseco. I grabbed 2 champagne flutes and popped the cork. We drank to success and the future. We then ordered a pizza and settled in and watched a film.

After the film ended we went to the bedroom. And we celebrated another way....

I woke up this morning in his arms. He kissed me gently and said good morning gorgeous. We laid in each other's arms naked enjoying each other's bodies. It was lovely. We got up and took a hot shower together. I washed his hair and scrubbed his back. He scrubbed my body too. It felt lovely.. We had one more hurdle to clear before I was going to work for Simon. And that hurdle is Simon's dad.

We were going to meet him, run the contract by him and make sure he was ok with me. I'd have to work closely with him. We met up (his mum was there too) and we discussed business. And well, they want me to work and they think I'd be good for the business. We parted with hugs and kisses on the cheek.

Simon drove me back to Rage Towers. We sat down and I then started to tell Simon how I felt. He took my hand and listened to my fears. How this was the biggest risk I ever was going to take in my life. How I was scared to take this chance. Simon consoled me. He let me blabber on he listened and didn't interrupt. I hugged him, held him close to me. He kissed me gently and said Betty it's going to be ok. That's all I needed to hear.

So I am sitting here now, my tummy in knots. I am tomorrow firming the contract up and handing my resignation in. This is a daring, massive chance I'm taking. I don't know how this is going to end. All I know is that the little voice inside me is saying, Betty do this. Do you really want to be working for the man for the rest of your life? Or do you want to be the man?

Mama always used to say, listen to that voice. Life is about taking risks. If you don't take risks what's the point?

Lots of love

Betty Rage xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment