Thursday 3 July 2014

On Work



Hey Ragers and Ragettes!!  Phew!  What a gross day!!  It’s rainy and cloudy and awful out so to brighten my day I am wearing my new Aztec print jumpsuit with black wedges, gold accessories, a black rose in my hair and of course, my red lippy!!  I am accompanying this ensemble with a vintage olive green and tan Kelly bag.  Fabulous!!

The last few days have been a bit manic and exciting!!!  I got my hair done, I am now rocking some fierce red streaks and my bob is intact!!!  It was a great experience and I have booked in again for 6 weeks time.

I had my first personal training session, which I am totally in pain, which left me feeling positive and optimistic.  The trainer is a lovely guy named Brad.  He looks like your stereo typical trainer but he sports stylish stubble/beard, has the obligatory tattoos on his arms and a lovely smile.  He also has a lisp and I think that he suffers from Tourettes.  I sense confidence issues but he is a nice guy.   He sent me through some workouts and a diet plan.  Looks like clean good eating for Betty Rage!  But it’s worth it.

Work has been busy.  Working for Simon is interesting.  Looking at it now, I have been working for him since the end of April, 9 weeks now!!!  

My job title is grandiose and big but I do a bit of everything which makes it satisfying.  I answer the phone, pick and pack boxes, liaise with suppliers, do the commercial contracts (which is my background), take orders from customers, make Simon’s sandwiches, keep Simon stress free, coordinate meetings and such.  I really, really enjoy it!

Yes there are bad days.  In most jobs ,there are bad days.  Compared to my last job?  This is brilliant!  I get to dress how I want to.  I can talk how I want to, I can act how I want to.  I don’t have to be a toned down version of myself.  I can display my tattoos, I can wear a strapless jumpsuit to work, I can wear a low cut dress.  I don’t feel self conscious at all.

Simon is supportive.  And so are the 2 lads actually.  We are kind of like the gang from Seinfeld or my favourite show It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.  We support each other, have a laugh and talk about crazy schemes.  Keith and Errol are actually like the brothers I have never had.

The problem though is that we are going to have to hire someone soon and I am so scared.  We have a great vibe going and if we hire the wrong person, it’s going to destroy this vibe.  But we do need to hire about 2 more people.

We all go out for drinks once a month and have a laugh.  We are going out tomorrow night and I need to figure out what I am going to be wearing....decisions, decisions!!!

Work does have its challenging moments.  Take yesterday.  The phone was ringing off the hook.  Each time I answered, resolved the issue and hung up, the phone would go again!!!  Irritating!!  I couldn’t get anything done.  Simon swore each time the phone rang and tried to focus and not let me get brought down.

Then one customer called up.  We deal with chainsaws and gardening equipment and I took the call.  It was from a man and I was trying to suss out what was wrong with the item he bought.  He rubbished my help saying that the questions that I was asking were not relevant.  (Uh, yes they were!!!!)  He also said that I had no idea what I was talking about and demanded to speak to “the man”. 

The inner feminist in me got in such a rage.  And I mean a proper rage.  How dare this pig talk to me like that?  I mean, what a sexist pig!!!!  Just because I am a woman and I am talking about engines and machines and I am answering the phone doesn’t mean that I am stupid.  That really winds me up.  The worst bit is that Simon asked him the same questions and the guy answered them.  I was fuming and I mean fuming!!!!!

Simon hung up and muttered “prick”.  I looked at him and said “what a sexist pig”.  Simon got up, hugged me and said, he was an arse but please don’t get upset, Betty.

I hugged him back.  I took his scent in and let his fingers run through my hair.  Simon made it better.  He kissed the top of my head.  In a way I was angry.  I was upset that Simon didn’t defend me to the customer.  I kept my mouth shut.  But it’s something that I need to speak to him about.

The lads overheard what I had said.  And soon before I knew it, “It’s a Man’s World” was blaring from the warehouse.  Keith came in and said, hug?  I laughed and hugged him and messed his dark hair up. 

They are like my brothers and I will protect them from any harm.  They are good lads.

So as the day comes to a close, I smile and I say goodbye to my surrogate brothers, laugh and joke with them about having a great time tomorrow night and smiling because, yes you will have good days and bad days at work no matter what.  But with this job, I have a family, a purpose and I feel like I make a difference.

And nothing is more rewarding than standing side by side with your man, overlooking his empire and knowing that you are contributing towards it.  I am proud of my man.  He built this up himself and he trusts me with my input.  No words I could ever use could describe how that makes me feel.  Sigh.

So Ragers and Ragettes, doing something you enjoy in life is so much more important than monetary reward.  Yes the money makes it sweet but when you are in a good environment with a good vibe, nothing beats that!

Until next time Ragers and Ragettes, please relax, enjoy yourself and always be happy

Lots of Love

The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Wow...I think it would be nice to have a boss that hugged you, and kissed the top of your head and ran their fingers thru your hair and told you everything was going to be alright.
    My MM just might find that a bit OTT tho....especially since MY Boss is a lady and I dont much like being tounched except by people I REALLY Trust.

    Just Saying......
    Goddess Rules,
    Elena xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee!!! Yes I don't mind doing overtime with this boss. I get good compensation ;-)

      Lots of love

      The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxx

      Delete