Thursday 24 July 2014

Betty Rage v Man's Best Friend Day 1



Happy Thursday Ragers and Ragettes!!  I hope that you are all having a great day!  It’s a glorious sunny day today I am rocking a black, floral, strapless maxi dress, my red lippy, an Alice band with some fierce volume (thank you dry shampoo!!!!  This should be in every woman’s beauty arsenal...Best product ever and so easy to use!) and I have opted for.....black gladiator sandals...This is down to the dog situation...I figured that I will have to have some walkies today with them.

Well, Simon’s parents dropped both the dogs off here at work.  It made things a bit interesting for us at work.  We had to block off entrances because one of the dogs likes to run off.  So with deliveries and such, we had to direct people to the warehouse entrance. 

Then I received a call that we were hoping for.  As Simon’s business is expanding, we are looking to relocate and the only way that we can get out of the unit we are in is if someone comes in and take over the lease.  Well, the cal I received was for a business who wanted to look at the unit to possibly move in...and they wanted to come in that day and look at it!  I looked at the office floor where one of the dogs shredded a box, and all the dog toys on the floor.  God this couldn’t’ have come at a worse time.  At least I looked good.

They came and looked at the unit and wanted to see the office where the dogs were.  Eeeeeeeeekkk!!  They looked and shook our hands.  They went to their car and sat there for a bit.  How unprofessional does that look??

When 5pm finally hit, I FaceTimed Mama (who complimented me on my outfit) and she looked at the dogs and said, what a mess.  Simon just smiled like a child.

It was a gorgeous day and I was looking forward to going home in my car with the top down, wind in my hair....then I forgot...the dogs were there.  No wind in my hair afterall.  Sigh.

We got into our apartment.  I winced as the dogs barked and started jumping and running around.  I shut all the doors in the apartment and hoped for the best.  Simon set up some towels to put their food bowls and stuff out there.  Simon looked up and said, Betty, we need to walk them.  I looked down at my dress.  An outfit change would have to happen.

So I channelled my inner Elena (my new girl crush....writes and awesome blog, The Words of a Goddess) and decided to dress like a goddess.  So I grabbed my Grecian style raspberry coloured asymmetric one shouldered sundress, some gold sandals, I put my hair back in a brown Alice band and put some gold accessories on. I topped up my red lippy.

Dress like a goddess, feel like a goddess.  That’s what Elena taught me.

So I walked out of the spare room Simon looked at me and said, you look beautiful, we are just walking the dogs though.  I gave him the Elena Goddess Eyebrow. 

He grabbed both the leads and put a backpack on and we were on our way.

Betty Rage has never, ever walked a dog before and I have no idea what I am doing.  Again, they are small dogs and I was so scared that they were going to somehow go off the lead, run into traffic and die or some big dog was going to come up and maul them to death.  Or worse yet, they would drool or rip my cute dress or gold sandals!!!  I was terrified so I let Simon hold both leads.

We started walking out towards the memorial park and every 10 feet or so the dogs stopped to mark their territory.  Simon started getting the leads tangled up and I looked at him.  M heart went out to him.  He genuinely loved these little balls of fur.  I took a deep breath and did something that I didn’t think I could.

Simon, give me one of the leads.  He looked at me and gave me a smile.  He passed the lead for the dog that wasn’t too crazy and said, just hold it firmly, I am next to you.  I took the lead and wrapped it around my wrist.  And off we went.

It wasn’t too bad.  And no, I didn’t have to pick up any shit.  Simon did that.  And it wasn’t as bad as I thought.  And there were no other big dogs around.  The park was lovely and I actually felt like I was in a normal situation.  Simon and I holding hands walking 2 shih tzus.  Well, it was as normal as it could be I suppose....and plus, think of the calories burned!!!!

We walked to a pub that is dog friendly and I bought us some drinks and a pint of water for the dogs.   We sat in the shade and Simon and I had a heart to heart about some issues at work...let’s just say that things will be changing here in a good way soon....
We got back and I made some dinner and we relaxed together.  The dogs snuggled up at the bottom of the settee.  Again, I felt such happiness.  It felt like some degree of normalcy.

We went to bed, snuggled up, the dogs on the floor trying to keep cool.  This morning I was woken up by the crazy dog jumping on me and trying to lick my face.  Errrrrrrrrr...let’s get one thing straight.  Betty Rage does not do doggy drool kisses!!!!  Simon giggled. 

So here I am now, the two dogs sleeping at my feet in the office.  Simon has to take one of the dogs to the vets as his eye is swollen and milky looking.  The poor thing.  I suppose that these little guys have a place on this earth and for the next few days, Betty Rage and these 2 silly little shih tzus are going to have to live in harmony.  And we will just as long as they don’t shit, piss, throw up, drool, think of doing the listed in any ways, then yes, we will live together just fine.

So until next time, Ragers and Ragettes, stay cool.  It’s really warm outside!

Lots of Love

Betty Rage xxxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. No Idea why my comment didn't post yesterday- but...

    Girl Crush, huh?? I think that's a first for me!! Wait- but won't Suzanne be a bit upset she's been replaced? ;-)

    I think you handled things brilliantly with the dog-situation. I'm more of a cat person myself. They just have that attitude that I try to emulate.

    Oh- and Betty?... The feeling is mutual.

    Elena xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elena

    You are my girl crush! I miss Suzanne so much and my heart breaks each day. :(

    I hope that I did. Man's Best Friend and I don't get along too well....

    You're fabulous Elena!!!!

    Lots of Love

    The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete