Monday 21 July 2014

On You are What You Eat


Hey Ragers and Ragettes!!  It’s Monday and so I have decided to rock my red body con dress with leopard print stilettos and ruby lips.  It was very hard to get up this morning I have to admit.

You see, as you all know, I have been on a major health kick recently.  And this weekend I did something very stupid..I let it slip!  I didn’t eat too well at all this past weekend and I tell you what, Ragers and Ragettes.  I feel sick. 

I feel so tired!!  Exhausted!!  So this week, I have learned my lesson and I am eating a better diet.  Plus Simon’s family are going away so no Thursday night meal with them and no alcohol being shoved down my throat.  So I have made the pact to take care of my body this week.  No alcohol for the next 2 weeks, and back to clean eating.

You don’t realise how much your diet impacts your life.  I was doing really well with my eating and I was finding that getting up in the morning was easier, my skin was looking better, and my attitude was more positive and happy.  Today I feel like I want to trash my desk, climb up and scream until I can’t scream anymore.  I am shattered!!

I was telling Suzanne this when I messaged her this morning and she had a valid point.  I have effectively been working 2 weeks in a row!  Honestly!  I am struggling to switch off at night when I go to bed.  I know that now I need to take care of my body as best as I can more than ever because I am in a demanding job.  So that’s why I am taking my eating and health seriously.  Yes I will lose weight and look fit but I will feel better.

Thinking about it though, we do some horrible things to our bodies.  I haven’t been too kind to my body in the past, I must admit.  Over eating, drinking my body weight in alcohol, smoking, lack of sleep, lack of water.  It’s just not good enough.  You only get one body in your life.  You need to take care of it. 

It’s easier said than done, though.  We live in a society of move, move, move!  Go go go!!  Catch that bus, meet that deadline, pull in overtime, work, work, work!!!  No wonder people suffer from IBS, eczema, depression and anxiety!  We are literally stressing ourselves to death!!!! 

So what can we do?  I think it’s a case of work will be stressful, no doubt.  I think it’s finding that balance to try and distress after work.  So I am looking at possibly doing a yoga class after work to stretch and get my body balanced.   I did pilates once and it was boring.  I have never tried yoga but I would love to see what it is all about.

I think the answer, Ragers and Ragettes, is that we have to be boring every once and awhile.  Go on detox, get the equalibrum back in your body and mind.  I find writing this blog very therapeutic.  I also find when you list your blessings that helps too.

It shows that even during the dark days, there are glimmers of light.  Even if it is something as stupid as I am so grateful that I didn’t drop toothpaste down my shirt (the number one thing that I am guilty of and a toothpaste stainless day for me is a small victory) to being thankful that I do have a job, car, parents, boyfriend and the pieces to have a happy and fulfilled life.

Well, back to work for me. 

Ragers and Ragettes, please take care of yourself.

Lot of Love


The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment