Friday 11 July 2014

On What to Do If Your Man is Down

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!  It’s a lovely summer’s day!  The sky is blue, the sun is shining and I am rocking a turquoise strapless maxi dress with white cardi, gold sandals, and turquoise accessories.  I also found out the hard way that I ran out of Betty Rage number 2 must have(After my red lippy, of course!!)....dry shampoo.

Dry shampoo is an item that every girl should own.  It’s amazing!  It saves so much time in the morning.  All you do is on dry unwashed hair get the dry shampoo, flip your hair upside down and spray it on the roots under your hair.  You massage it in and it soaks up the grease from your roots.  I then back comb under my hair at the crown and ta-da!  Volume!  Fabulous!!

So my trademark Betty Rage bob is looking limp and lifeless and being held in place by an Alice band.  Nice.

The good news is that since I have started working out with my trainer, I am down 5 pounds!!  Get in!  I am eating better and feeling better.  My skin is looking healthier.  I am very tired though.  That is the toxins and crap removing itself from my body.  I will be ok in a few days.   I am going to keep with it and keep going.  I have another session tomorrow with Brad so we will see how it goes.

Today has been a bit trying.  As you all know that I work for Simon.   Simon’s business is a good business.  He built it himself and he is doing very well.  We were at his parents’ house last night and his father told me how much money was in the business account.  I almost choked on my chicken wrapped in parma ham!!  Let’s just say that he is doing so well. 

Because it’s Simon’s business, he takes everything to heart.  And I mean everything.  Today, I don’t know what is going on, but he is on edge and in a horrible mood.

For example, when I got in this morning he was checking the new phone system and I was checking the emails.  He said, shit!  really loudly. I looked up and said, what’s up darling?  He then said, I think that the phone system isn’t working.

I was concentrating on an email and I said oh no.  He then said, Betty, can you act more concerned? 

I looked up and said, I beg your pardon?  I am trying to answer these emails for you.

He then said, well you should have been more concerned.  It’s the phone system, Betty.  It’s important. 

I just gave him a look and he continued working on the phone system.  A few minutes later he fixed it.  I looked at him and said, that’s why I wasn’t concerned.  I knew you’d fix it.  Do you want me to flap around and scream “we’re all doomed” in future?

He laughed and said yes, jokingly.

Sigh.  You don’t realise how much your partner’s attitude and mood rubs off on you.  All today Simon has been snippy and moody.  And because of this, I am on edge too.  I am finding myself over compensating and being extra nice to Keith and Errol.  In a way, I feel like I have to shelter them and keep them safe.  They do work hard and they are good lads.  SO I bought them ice cream when the ice cream van came (I didn’t purchase a nice big ice cream cone because I am lactose intolerant, Goddamnit!!!)

So I have come to the conclusion that men get periods also. Men, I think, are just oversized children that when they are on their man period just want a mother not a woman.  I love my Simon so much but when he is on his “period” he is like a cranky toddler and let’s get one thing straight.  Betty Rage is no one’s Mama!!

So how will I go about playing this?  Tough love Ragers and Ragettes!  I have stood my ground today and in fairness, he has backed down a bit. 

And in true time of the month style, broke down and said that he couldn’t cope.   I didn’t know what to say or do so I hugged him and said there is a tub of Haagen Daas in the freezer for you and we can watch any movie that you want....even the Arnold Schwarzenegger ones....I would prefer the Jason Statham ones because that gives me an excuse to perv over the beautifully honed torso of Jason Statham......yummy!!!  

He cuddled me and said thank you.....lordy....am I this bad when my monthly friend (or Auntie Flo as Suzanne calls it.....Suzanne I need you....I need a cuddle!) comes? 

So what have I learned today, Ragers and Ragettes?  Men get the monthly blues too.  They act like big adult sized babies and right now my big, cute, freckled is singing out loud “Baby Come Back” to me.  I’m so lucky, aren’t I?  God I need a glass of wine!!

So until next time Ragers and Ragettes, have a great evening and if you can’t be good be good at it.

Lots of Love


The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxxxxxxx

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, the joys of being in a relationship- You never know from one second to the next what's going to happen.Just day before yesterday, I made a simple request of my MM and in a matter of half a dozen texts, it was a full blown argument ending in him dropping a twenty on my desk and saying he was leaving an hour early. In other words, Find your own damn way home. The same conversation the day before would have amounted to me requesting, him saying, sure, no problem, and then us going on with our day. It just depends on how stressed we are as to how we react to things. By the time I had walked home( I knew he was having a rough day and decided to take advantage of it by having a bit of quiet time myself(plus I get to keep the twenty and spend it on whatever I want AND I got my workout for the day without being cooped in in a hot sweaty gym)- he was fine. I still made an early night of it. Sometimes we just need to have a bit of off time, ya know? My point is- it's all going to be alright. You cant appreciate the good times unless theres a bit of rocky road in there as well......(Notice how I threw the ice-cream reference in there just to be a Pain In The Ass???)
    Have a Cuddle, Have a snuggle, and make a LOT of love- I hear it's a REALLY good stress reliever!!!
    Goddess Rules,
    Elena xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elena

      God, rocky road!!!!! I need ice cream!!! Simon is purring like a kitten now....men...can't live with them and can't kill them!!!

      Lots of love

      The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxx

      Delete
  2. Well.....you could pretend something is an ice-lolly, if you have a vivid imagination. Yeah, I suppose I am a bit of a whore in the bedroom, but as long as it's my man who's getting the benefits, who cares, eh???? I'm just in that kinda mood.
    :-)

    Elena xxx

    ReplyDelete