Wednesday 9 July 2014

On Personal Training Sessions and Motivation

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!!  Long time no speak!  I bought 2 fabulous vintage dresses from my favourite vintage seller and they arrived yesterday so today I am rocking one.  It’s a two toned pencil dress.  The top is horizontal striped with black, white, fuchsia and orange.  Of course I am rocking my red lippy!!  And I have my patent black peeptoes (that are in a desperate need to be reheeled!!!) on today.  When Simon saw me, he said that I looked stunning.  Sigh.  He’s brilliant!

I have been busy indeed!!  Simon, me and the lads went out for a beer on Friday night, Saturday Simon, me and lads went in and did a massive stock count.

Saturday was a good day though because Suzanne and her fabulous hubby Rick came up to help photograph the items that weren’t listed.  I got to give her a big cuddle and see her again.  It was brilliant!  It wasn’t long enough.  Being this far away from my bezzie hurts.  It physically hurts.  I miss her every day.  She snapped a picture for the project that she is doing on me.  We need to make proper arrangements so that we can do this better.  I don’t want to harm her project!!

Well today was my second session with my personal trainer, Brad.  Brad is a bit of a funny creature.  He is quite good looking.  He has a lisp and I think tourettes.   I really get from him that he lacks confidence, as I said before.  So I am going to try and boost his confidence by working hard and getting my body into shape so he can feel pride for helping! 

The first session that we had was relatively easy.  He gave me a fitness and nutrition plan.   I pretty much have to eat clean and drink lots of water.  So no more cheese pizzas with extra cheese and cheese in the crust for awhile!!  But I know that it will be worth it. 

Today I got to the gym on time and Brad put me on the rowing machine for 5 minutes to warm up.  We then started straight into the hard stuff.

I used to kick box and so I am used to working out with heavy weights, especially on the legs.  We started out with weighted squats.  I started with a 20 kilo bar across my back.  That wasn’t bad and I cranked out 15 reps easily.  He then told me to do the plank position for 30 seconds.  That was easy too.  When I got up, he added weight to the bar.  20 kilos either side.  60 kilos on my back.  It was more difficult but I did it.  30 seconds plank position again.  When I got up, he added yet more weight.  I put that back on my back....Fuck!   That was hard!!!  I managed to get 15 squats out....just.  30 seconds plank. 

The next few bits are a blur because I am in a lot of pain!!!!!!!!!!!!  My biceps and shoulders are screaming.  Near to the end of the session, I was in agony and I could barely keep going.  But I kept thinking about Simon.  I kept thinking about the pair of jeans I used to wear when I was 18, the cute dresses that I have that I can’t fit into, the maxi skirt that I absolutely adore that I can’t put on.  The fact that I have to wear sucking in knickers with all my outfits.  Suzanne.  I knew that I had to somehow power through this workout.

Brad was supportive.  He kept being positive saying, come on, give me good reps.   I worked even harder and pushed through the pain barrier.  I felt amazing!!!  I went through the rest of the workout feeling a major sense of accomplishment.  And I didn’t even make an ass of myself!!  (with my track record at the gym?  That’s a massive accomplishment!)

When the workout finished we booked my next session for Saturday morning at 8am. 

He’s also monitoring my food in that he is logging into a system called myfitnesspal.  It’s similar to my Fitbit but without the funky bracelet.  He logs into my food diary and sees what I am eating and what exercises I am doing.  So if I am not sticking to my diet and putting foods on that I am lying about and the weight isn’t shifting he can pull me up on it.  It’s great in that I feel that I need to do this. 

I got back to the flat and stripped off and saw Simon laying in bed looking so sweet and peaceful (he’s so cute when he sleeps!!  He looks so different with his glasses off.  I love it when he doesn’t wear glasses....) I popped into bed and snuggled into him.  He woke up, turned over and kissed me.  Sigh.  I love that guy.

I have my motivation for my weight loss.  I have all the tools and support in front of me to do this.  The only one who can fuck this up is myself.  So I will be a long journey.  There will be ups and downs, no doubt.  But I think with you Ragers and Ragettes, the beautiful Suzanne, my Simon and my jeans that’s the best motivation ever.

So until next time, Ragers and Ragettes, stay healthy and stay fabulous!

Lots of love


The Fabulous (not Flabulous) Betty Rage xxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. I need to follow your example.
    You are an inspiration to us all!!!

    Elena xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not, Elena. I am just a shoe loving girl trying to figure it out. I want to encourage all my readers if they have a goal that they are striving for. The key is a positive mental attitude and hard work and determination! Oh, and the appropriate shoes. ;-)

      Lots of love

      The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxxxxxxx

      Delete