Monday 14 July 2014

On Finding the Chink in Simon’s Armour and a Very Busy and Painful Weekend



Morning Ragers and Ragettes!  It’s a cloudy morning threatening to rain.  So today I am rocking my Aztec print jumpsuit (which is feeling roomier and baggier which is a good thing!), black platform wedges, black and gold earrings, cocktail ring and bracelet and my red lippy of course!

Well, this past weekend was all work!  Simon’s business is booming as you know and I am enjoying the success of our labour!  It was time now for me to start stepping up and doing the job that I am paid to do.  I decided that it was time to clean the warehouse and front office.  I mean it is an abslute mess!  It’s to the point that when people come in, I am so embarrassed because it doesn’t look professional!

So on Saturday I had my PT session with Brad.  Bad idea!!!!  Brad put me through my paces.  He worked my legs and my bum so much that now it still hurts to sit down and go to the toilet.  So after a hard session on Saturday morning, I got home, took a shower, put my jeans and white cami, scraped my hair back and put my red lippy on.

I hired a skip the day before and when we got to the warehouse we saw that it had been delivered.    Simon’s parents rocked up a few minutes later.  We then started to clean the warehouse.  We pulled all the pallets of stock out and started to attack the one area that irritated me the most....the pile of old stock that was returned as faulty.  Right, I said, let’s pull the spare parts that we can salvage and scrap the rest! 

Simon said, Betty can I look at them first?  I turned and said, erm, they are scrap Simon, they need to go, like we discussed?  Simon started looking nervous.  Then it hit me.  My baby does have a flaw....Simon is a hoarder!!!

It explained a lot.  I took a step back and pulled him and his parents aside and said new plan.  Simon, we will hand you each item, you look at it, pull the parts off that you want and if you want to keep it let me know.  His dad and Simon worked together and in fairness they started to throw a lot of the scrap into the skip.  Simon then got up and trusted his dad to pull the spare parts off and he started to destroy the only chainsaws, I mean whack them hard with a fierce looking tool.  He looked like he was full of angst.  I started to clean up and tidy the dispatch area and also keeping a close eye on Simon.

We made it through the day but I could tell that he wasn’t feeling calm.  Plus once I stopped moving my arse and thighs were on fire!!!!  My muscles were so sore I was not walking, I was waddling!!!  We finished up, and sat down and lit a cigarette.  He looked so tense and I felt helpless.  I put my arm around him and he rested his head on my shoulder. 

We then headed home to get some dinner and relax.  We went to the pub and started to write down some more tasks to be completed.  Simon started to chain smoke.  It was literally one straight after the other. 

Then the worst possible thing happened...his parents came over.  When Simon is on edge the last thing that he needs is his parents to rock up...with bottle of wine in hand.....oh God.  I felt on edge for him.

Luckily there were no massive rows.  Just some heated talking.  We made it home.  Simon then relaxed on the settee and put his video game on.  I put a load of washing on.  I didn’t want to talk about what happened so I played it cute and sweet with him.  WE had an early night.

The next morning, I woke up and looked at him sleeping so sweetly.  I decided to channel my inner sex goddess (Elena, you’d approve!!) and I slipped under the covers and woke him up, if you get my drift.....

After we were both satisfied, we got up and headed back to work.  This time, I could tell, was going to be harder for Simon.  We were going to clean his desk. I waddled in as I was feeling even more pain than last time!!!! 

Simon’s desk is an absolute state, Ragers and Ragettes!  There was trash, old papers, empty coke cans and everything else you could think of.  I had my work cut out for me.  So I went in and took charge.  We sat down together and made a plan on how to clean his desk.  I told him that if he felt scared, anxious or totally upset that he needs to talk to me.  He nodded.  So I waddled in agony to my desk and started to clean up. (Brad is seriously sadistic!!!!  I am still in pain now!!)

Betty, he said sheepishly, I have this old e-cigarette and it’s quite big.  I don’t know if I should keep it.

I looked up and said, Simon, put it down and come back to it in 10 minutes if that feels better.  He looked like he was going to cry so to disperse the situation, I pulled him outside and gave him a cigarette.  Tears rolled down his freckled cheeks.  God, this was so hard for him.  Again I felt so helpless.   So I held him.  I held him close and tight and told him that I love him and that I am here for him.  I told him that if he wanted to stop he could.  But he bravely soldiered on.

We managed to clean the office with little disruption.  We sat down and went through our messages on our computers.  I looked over at him. 

My darling Simon looked tired.  He looked so tired and I am sure that he aged a bit.  Sigh.

So today, Ragers and Ragettes, I feel tired.  I feel so tired that I want to just drop.  I am knackered.  I just want to go home with my beautifu fallen angel, snuggle up and hold him and let him know that it is ok to be afraid, to have flaws.  I still love him.....he just better not hoard my beautiful apartment out.  We all have our flaws.  I love him so much so I will stick with him.  Help him through this and love him always.

Until next time Ragers and Ragettes, take care of yourselves and get plenty of rest!

Lots of Love

The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. Oh my. Not sure who needs comforting most-you or Simon. You will both get thru this. Once its done it will be easiwr to deal with in small bits. It is the intitial gp thru that is most upsetting. Get some rest tonight!!!

    Elena xxx

    ReplyDelete