Sunday 28 September 2014

On a Major Dilemma

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!!!  I have been very busy the past few days, work related unfortunately, nothing exciting like going to fashion shows or hobnobbing with the Liverpool glitterati (one day, Ragers and Ragettes, one day!!!)  I have managed to grab some Betty Time so here I am in my yoga pants, sipping some water with lemon and lime in it watching Scott and Bailey.  (It's a guilty pleasure...a British updated version of Cagney and Lacey...love it!!)

A lot has been going on with work.  Simon's company has been going from strength to strength.  We have picked up some more potentially lucrative business and so I have been working flat out, more evenings and weekends.  But by doing this, working flat out, it's more money for the business and we can grow more.  It's good.  Tiring but rewarding and good!!!

But I do have a dilemma.

My old flatmate and neighbour Andrea is getting married next weekend.  I have mixed feelings about this.

Andrea, as you recall, is the loveliest, sweetest, most loving person that I have ever had the pleasure to know.  She is beautiful and very modest.  She doesn't think that she is anything special but she is.  And that is what makes her beautiful.

Anywho, I digress.

So she is marrying a total asshole.  He's an absolute gobshite.  He's a druggie, he lies, cheats and would rather play video games than make his fiancée a cup of tea or ask her about her day.  It's disgusting.  But that's not the dilemma.  I told her so many times that she can do better and that she is beautiful and that she doesn't have to do this.  She's made her bed and I will be there for her if/when it falls to pieces.

The dilemma, Ragers and Ragettes is this.  At this wedding will be....Dan.

As you remember some weeks ago, I cut my ties with Dan due to some behaviours that were creepy, unacceptable and down right bad.

So that means that I will be seeing him at my friend's wedding.

You see, Andrea also decided to be a bit awkward with the whole wedding thing.  The wedding ceremony starts at 4pm, that should take about an hour then after that is the meal and speeches until 8pm and then it's the proper reception.  Sounds great but......she is insistent that partners are not invited until after 8pm as she wants "close friends and family" at the actual ceremony and meal.  So no Simon until 8pm.  That means that I will have to be alone at this wedding and Dan will be there for 4 hours.  

Now Simon doesn't like Dan, at all.  And this whole situation is very awkward to him also.  Simon is being protective which is nice but it puts me in a situation.

What do I do? Do I skip the wedding for the sake of an awkward 4 hours?  Do I go and try to lay low?

I have a great dress picked out with fab shoes (of course!!!) and that opportunity I don't want to miss.  I love getting dressed to the nines.

Geezz, this is wrecking my head.  I just want to make everyone happy and that seems to be so difficult.

What do you do in this situation?

I don't know Ragers and Ragettes.  My brain is cooked.  I just feel a bit confused and upset that I am even letting one asshole make me feel like this.

Sigh.  I will figure something out.  I always do.

So Ragers and Ragettes, please enjoy your Sunday, I plan on doing the same!!

Lots of Love

The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


1 comment:

  1. I have a rule about events like that. If myan isnt invited, I decline. Especially in view of recent events with Dan, I would decline going to the event until Simon could come with me. If she really is your friend she will either invite Simon to all of it with you, or she will understand why you will be there later on to share in the celebration.....I know I would.
    Much love,
    Suzanne xxx

    ReplyDelete