Friday 5 September 2014

On 2 Balls of Fluff and Babies

Hey Ragers and Ragettes! It’s Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thank God it’s Friday!  Honestly!  This week has crawled!

Today’s contender for the outfit for the fashion show:  The Aztec Jumpsuit.

I love this jumpsuit.  It’s on trend tribal print black, beige and white with a beaded collar.  It’s halter neck style, which I suit very well.  It’s loose fitting (I think that is down to me losing weight) and quite versatile. Today I am wearing it with my gladiator sandals but it can be paired with black platform wedges or black peep toes.  I would accessorise very little as the jumpsuit as a distinct pattern.  I wouldn’t take away from it. 

Pros for this outfit:  It’s comfortable, versatile, and funky.  Accessorising is easy as the outfit speaks for itself.  Even make up I would do very little with. 

Cons for this outfit:  The straps are made of the same thing that ponytail holders are made of and this is suffering from the same issue you get with ponytail holders...they stretch out and the rubber inside snaps.  I would need to cut the straps and somehow replace them.  Also, if it gets colder it isn’t appropriate as it is quite light material.

Marks out of 10:  7 out of 10

Well, yesterday at work I was a bit down.  I had a hard day and plus I think that I have a bit of a stalker that I have had to block. 

Simon usually stays behind for a bit to tie up loose ends but yesterday, Simon decided to get out quickly.  We got in my car and he looked at me and said, let’s get going Betty before the shop closes.

I look at him and he smiled at me.

We drove out of the industrial estate and turned the opposite way from home.  I was confused.

He pulled up into the car park of the pet shop, turned the engine off and said, let’s get you a guinea pig. 

I smiled and hugged him.  We went in and soon we were holding a big new cage, bedding, food and all guinea pig stuff.  Then it was time to pick out my guinea pigs.

I walked over passed the rabbits, chinchillas, and hamsters to the guinea pigs. 

I then saw a sweet little one with a white face with black and tan markings.  He was perfect.  Then another dashed out.  He had major attitude.  I knew I found my 2 pets. 

So we paid for everything and crammed everything into my little convertible, thank heavens it was warm yesterday!!  The cage was massive so there we were driving home with this huge cage sticking out of the back of the car.  I had the little guinea pigs on my lap in a cardboard box.  I was talking to them softly. 

We got in and set the cage up and put them into their cage and watched them.

I felt so happy.  2 little bundles of fluff.  I will be responsible for them.  Kind of like having a child.

Now, Ragers and Ragettes, I am not the most maternal person.  I was chatting to Suzanne this morning about this.  A friend of hers has had a baby and she sent a photo of the baby to me.  I couldn’t make much out from the photo, but from what I could see it looked so tiny, so innocent. 

This world is a scary place.  I am terrified of bringing a baby into the world.  And with my history of depression, I don’t want to pass that to a child.

Suzanne has children and she is a great mum.  She is patient, caring, selfless, and maternal.  I am none of those things.  Plus I love shoes.  And if you have a baby, that’s less money available to buy shoes and spontaneous weekends away.  I just want to be with Simon and enjoy my time with him.  I don’t even want to think of having babies yet. 

So for the time being I will enjoy taking care of my 2 beautiful little balls of fluff and enjoy nurturing, loving and caring for them.  You never know, one day I might have a Baby Rage!

So until next time Ragers and Ragettes, take care of yourselves and have a fab weekend!

Lots of Love


The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Im sure if and when the time is right, you will know, Betty...or God will decide and surprise you.
    Much love,
    Elena xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will see. Hopefully my little piggies will be enough for awhile

      Lots of Love

      The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxx

      Delete