Tuesday 23 September 2014

On Throwing a Hissy Fit

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!!  I know, it’s been a long time since I have blogged.  It’s been busy and crazy here. 

Today  I am still rocking Rock ‘n Rock Chic.  Vintage velour jacket, pink diamanté skull printed vest, statement long necklace, boot cut jeans and cowboy boots...don’t forget the red lippy!   Rita and I are going to the football tonight and I am excited!!!!

Well I have been successfully been on a diet, eating more sensibly and going to the gym.  I am noticing a difference.  My body is changing and I am feeling great.  There is a slight problem though.

I struggle to sleep on a Sunday and Monday night.  

Now I am a creature of habit.  I need to get a full night’s sleep in order to function.  Simon and I go to sleep each night at a reasonable time.  We have time for cuddles and sex and we are usually spooning and getting ready for sleep by 10pm.

Simon snores....loudly.  So loudly that I have to put earplugs in.  I found a set that works for me so that is ok.  But for some reason, I cannot sleep on a Sunday or Monday nights!  (if anyone has any suggestions on how to combat this, please let me know)

Well, Sunday night’s sleep was dreadful.  I pretty much woke up every hour which means that I was a zombie for the day.

When I don’t get a full night’s sleep, I am not a pleasant person to be around.  I just kept my head down and got my work done.

When Simon and I got home I started to cook dinner.   Was making spaghetti and meatballs.  Now Simon would have spaghetti, meatballs and cover it with cheese.  I had meatballs with roasted veggies.

Once dinner was made I served up and sat next to Simon.  I looked longingly like a kicked puppy at Simon’s meatballs, spaghetti and cheesy dinner.  I looked back at my plain healthy dinner and suddenly felt sad.  Simon looked at me and said, don’t complain!  You chose to eat like this!!!  Normally I wouldn’t let that bother me.  But last night....no.  I felt like a kicked puppy.  I ate my dinner in silence.  I stopped eating my veggies and just ate the meatballs.  I got up and threw the rest of veggies in the bin and put my plate in the dishwasher.  Simon finished his carb heaven dinner and I cuddled the big stuffed bunny on the settee.

Simon  looked at me cuddling the bunny looking pathetic.  He extended his arm for a cuddle.  I looked at him and sheepishly and said, the bunny understands me and my struggles.  I then moved into Simon’s arms.

We watched TV for a bit.  It was time for bed.  We went to say good night and cuddle the guinea pigs.  As I was holding one of them, I felt my eyes well up.  Oh God, I was starting to cry....my reason?  I couldn’t eat any spaghetti.  I hid my tears.

Simon got into the shower and I got into bed..  I started to message Suzanne and the tears came thick and fast.

I asked Suzanne what was happening.  She said, Betty, you’re having a hissy fit brought on by tiredness.

Me?  A hissy fit???  In work, yes I tend to get quite assertive but I didn’t think of myself as the type to have a temper tantrum!!!  After this realisation I started to cry even more!!!!

Simon got out of the shower and saw me crying.  He gave me a huge cuddle.  When I told him why I was crying he smiled, kissed me on the nose and said, you’re silly.  He hugged me close ad I felt better.

I have always been the calm type outside of work.  My older sister was the type that would throw a proper temper tantrum if she didn’t get her way.  I would usually accept it, put my head down and get on with it.  Bottle it up.  The last time I had a full blown hissy fit was about a year ago in my car in front of Suzanne!!!

Couldn’t help but think about Elena.  Did she get hissy fits?   I mean, she is so cool, calm, poised and has a demeanour of "your mortal games mean nothing to me *goddess eyebrow*".  She is the epitome of calm!!!!  Do goddesses get these feelings?

But secretly I liked having the hissy fit.  It felt good to lose control of my emotions and just let it flow.  I felt better.  And Simon telling me that it was going to be ok, that felt great!!

It’s good to have these sorts of releases, I think. 

I used to have a roommate that would get a full blown one that she would throw objects in a cloud of blind rage.  We couldn’t hang picture on the walls or have sharp or breakable objects in the room because when she would blow, it was violent.  She once threw one of my shoes at my other roommate and it hit me in the head.  Thank God I didn’t need stitches!!!

I guess that lack of sleep induced a hissy fit.  Last night’s sleep was a bit better but I am still flagging.  I guess that the point is that sleep can make you either have a great day, be reasonable, and calm or it can turn you into a sobbing, irrational shell of a woman!!!

Today I think that I am teetering on the cusp of both!!!  I should be ok.  At least I look fabulous!  That’s the main thing....

As Mama Rage said, Betty, if you don’t feel well, put your best outfit on your best shoes, do your hair and make up and smile.  You’ll trick yourself into feeling good.  Once again, she’s right!!

So until next time, get some sleep take care of yourself and if you feel a hissy fit coming on, let it flow!  Just don’t throw anything or hurt your loved ones!!!

Loves of Love

The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxxxxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment