Thursday 18 September 2014

On the Fashion Show and When Betty Met Elena



Hey Ragers and Ragettes!!! What a fabulous and crazy few days!!!  Today I am rocking my favourite vintage jumpsuit and my Ted Baker glasses.  My hair is slicked back and tucked behind my ears with massive volume at the back thanks to my hero, dry shampoo!!

Well, the past few days have been a blur of excitement, craziness and fabulousness!! 

On Saturday I got my hair done and my hair dresser is such a perfectionist that I ended up missing my appointment at the beauty salon for my nails and eyelashes.  So I had a plan b.

I walked into St Helens town center and found a little nail bar that I was able to get my nails and eyelashes done for a good price, result!!!  I opted for a long set of red sparkly talons and stunning eyelash extensions.

Then came Sunday.

It started out bad because I received a message from Suzanne saying that she was off to A&E because she had an earache.  I was upset because I thought that she wasn’t going to make it.  But she was fine.

So I started getting ready.  I opted for a black jumpsuit with a gold belt, a black peplum jacket, gold accessories, black and gold envelope clutch  and some killer leopard print stilettos.  I slicked my red hair back, put my red lippy on and when I walked out of my room, Simon’s chin hit the floor.  I was smoking hot!!!

I went and got Suzanne and drove to the show with butterflies in my tummy.   

I felt like myself again.  Chic, classic with killer talons and red lippy.  I felt like I was invincible.  Plus I was meeting Elena for the first time.

We got to the event and I was nervously chattering away to Suzanne.  I was looking around for Elena  as we got into the queue.  The girls there looked interesting.  One girl was rocking very big hair, Suzanne and I had a giggle over it!!!

We finally started to move.  My tummy was doing flips.  We entered the gate and there was a red carpet!!!  I have always wanted to rock up a red carpet so I looked up, flashed a smile and I strutted up that red carpet like I owned it!!  There were a few people taking photos.  I felt a bit shy but ok.

I got my gold band that signified that I was a VIP and I looked around trying to find Elena in the VIP area.

And there she was.  She was rocking a fierce combination of a grey fuzzy cardi, a leopard print hlater neck blouse, black leggings and cowboy boots. 

I knew it was her because no one else was rocking cowboy boots!!!  She had guts, style and poise!  Suzanne nudged me to bring me back to life.

Elena came up to me and said, Betty?  It’s lovely to finally meet you.  I’m Elena.

She extended her hand and I said the first thing that popped into my hea, Handshakes, Elena?  Seriously?  I hugged her and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

There was something lovely and natural about Elena.  There was a quiet strength, her eyes were beautiful and clear blue.  She had a gorgeous smile defined by a gorgeous shade of red lippy (You know what I am like for my red lippy!!) and a warm hug.  I think I might have hugged her for too long.  I mean, it’s not every day that you get to meet someone you admire!!
 
I took my glass of champagne and we went to a table and started chatting.  I started chatting nervously about everything I could think of.  (It’s a nervous habit)

I then came out with a major facepalm moment...I said, this is the VIP area, Elena.  Why does everyone look miserable in it?

D’oh!!!

Why do I always say the stupidest things around important people?????

To Be Continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment