Thursday 4 September 2014

Fashion Show Anxieties



Hi Ragers and Ragettes!  It’s a lovely sunny Thursday today.  And a lot to consider about my choice of outfit for the fashion show.

Yesterday I rocked my vintage jumpsuit with a white cardigan and my brown platform sandals with vintage earrings and a vintage ring.  I love that look because it’s soft and sweet.  It has a great vibe about it and I would team it with my big brown sunnnies and I would need to purchase a white or a pink headscarf, I think.

Pros for this outfit:  I love it.  It’s comfortable, flattering, and I always get complimented on it!
Cons for the outfit:  With the weather the way it is, it might get too cold for this.
Marks out of 10:  8/10

Today’s outfit:  Bootcut jeans, white diamante skull printed vest, my velour jacket, cowboy boots, long statement necklace and my mandatory red lippy.

Pros for this outfit:  This outfit is kind of my signature outfit.  It’s comfortable, it’s casual, simple yet chic.  Simon loves this outfit.  I can replace my cowboy boots with my new black boots that I received yesterday.

Cons for this outfit:  Is it dressy enough for the fashion show?  Should I be rocking something a bit more formal?

Marks out of 10:  8/10

And another thing to think about!!!  I have just found out that Elena (she writes a blog called The Words of a Goddess...if you haven’t read it, please do!!  She is so amazing and inspirational!!) is going to the same fashion show!  So my outfit has to be perfect!!!!  Suzanne will get it right, she always does.

This is a massive event.  Celebrities might be going and then there is Elena!!!!  Elena is someone I have so much respect for.  I read her blog religiously and I am terrified if I bump into her, I will do something stupid.  Like spill a drink down her top.  Or say something stupid.  Or fall over.  I am suffering from major anxiety here!!

My Mama used to be a model so I will ask her what fashion show etiquette is.

I mean, this is a massive opportunity to network and meet a lot of influential people!!  I don’t know what to do or to say. 

All I know is that I am so happy that Suzanne is going to this too.  She is always comforting and helpful.  She always knows what to do or say.  I struggle with that.

But anyway, some good news!  I am getting my pet guinea pigs finally!!!  Yipppeeeeeee!!  Simon even is excited!!  So I will get to care for 2 little bundles of fluff. 

Not much else really going on.  Just getting ideas for outfits for this fashion show.

So until next time, Ragers and Ragettes, please stay fabulous!!

Lots of Love

The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Well...I was lNning on wearing an outfit dimilar to what you described Suzanne wearing, but I may have to chane it up now! Cant have us both wearing the same thing can we? Fashion faux pas!!!!!!
    Im sure I will find something fabulous, Betty!!!!
    All your outfits sound amazing! Little hint, the trick to dressing for a fashion show is tremdy, but comfortable..... If you are going to be networking, then lean towards the smarter side rather than towards the casual.....but not toooo heavily. If ypu arent comfortable, you arent confident!
    Elena xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, Elena. I am shit scared!!!! This is big! Not everyday you meet your heroes.....

    The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete