Thursday 29 May 2014

On Work



Hey Ragers and Ragettes!  It’s a bleak and cold day here in St Helens.  Brrrrrr!!!  Bring back summer!!!

Well things are starting to settle down in most aspects of my life.  It makes a welcome change.  This  morning I had to stop myself from asking Simon if it was ok to take a shower.  It’s my shower too!!!  Yes getting used to sharing an apartment is quite interesting but enjoyable.  Simon is quite relaxed, easy going and he helps around the flat with chores.

But the biggest change for me is work.  

I have always worked for corporations or large organisations employing large amounts of staff.  In Simon’s work there are 4 of us  Simon, me, Keith and Errol.

Keith and Errol both work in the warehouse.  They are the polar opposites of each other.

Keith is mouthy.  He’s about 24 years old.  He’s 5 foot 10 or so, dark haired with stubble.  He used to be a fitness instructor but you wouldn’t see that when you look at him.  He just looks like a normal guy.  

He had to fight to get work as there isn’t a lot of work in St Helens.  He was on the dole for 2 years and it was Simon’s mum who managed to get him in the door.  He’s a hard worker, he loves the job and he has great ideas.  I view him as a little brother.

We went out for a few beers last Friday (When I dropped my clanger of a bolluck and disclosing that Simon and I fucked on our first date) and after a few beers, he looked at me and said Betty, what I like about you is that you are like one of the boys. I can swear, belch and fart in front of you and not feel like it offends you.  

That night when we were walking to get a takeaway pizza, as I was rocking a sleeveless black body con dress, he gave me his sweatshirt to wear.  He’s mouthy but has a good heart.  I am quite fond of him, in a non sexual way.

Errol is very quiet.  He is very polite and a total gentleman.  I call him Nice Errol as he is sooooooooooooooo nice!!!

He’s only 21 years old, tall and lanky with light coloured hair and a lovely smile.  He has a girlfriend who is 17 and she lives with him and his parents.  As the days go by I am finding out more about his relationship.  It doesn’t seem like a happy relationship.

She apparently went to stay at his one weekend and never went home.  She had a baby when she was 15 years old and the baby has a birth defect.  She has given the baby over to social services as she cannot take care of it.  

That is ok but the bit I don’t like is that she doesn’t let poor Errol go out with his friends. We invited him out on last Friday he texted Keith and said he couldn’t go out.

Simon’s Mum saw Errol’s mum and she said that his girlfriend put her foot down and wouldn’t let him go out.  According to his mum, he never goes out with his friends because she won’t let him.  What kind of fucked up shit is that?????  

What woman would do that????  If Simon wanted to go out with his mates I would say no problem!  God, it makes me angry!  We go on about how men are horrible and abusive and liars but then you hear things like this and it right pisses me off.  Errol works 2 jobs as he wants to save for his future and for a new car.  And she acts like that?  Pul-lease!!!

Right now at work, I am doing customer services.  It’s temporary.  I want to learn about the business and the queries he gets to see if we can make things better for him. 

I am learning a lot.  Like the general public can be rude, abusive, not follow directions, make assumptions and even if thy blatantly did something wrong, it’s our fault.  But saying that, there have been a lot of lovely, sweet, kind, good people.  It’s been a learning curve, that’s for sure!!

I also packed orders in the warehouse with Keith and Errol.  I really enjoyed that.  They are both a laugh!  And they were both surprised that I rocked up saying I am going to do some packing.  I think that’s why they respect me.

 Have also been given another task!!  For the brand of product that is the main seller, Simon has a website.  He wants me to be the face of the brand!!!  The marketing company we hire is going to make me a sexy avatar and I will be doing a weekly blog discussing power tools.  I even have a catch phrase....And I didn’t break a nail!   I think that he wants a sex sells sort of thing.  So things are going well, I think!  

I don’t feel like it’s work, that’s the thing.  Simon and I have this running joke that I say to him while I am at work when he’s trying to get fresh.  I say Oh no!  I have a boyfriend!  When I go home at night, I tell him that I fancy my manager.  

We do have sneaky cuddles and sneaky kisses.  It’s great.  He’s great.  I sometimes have to sit on my hands to stop myself from jumping on him.  

Things are looking up though, Ragers and Ragettes.  I get my first paycheque from work tomorrow and Simon is giving me a half day tomorrow to get my beauty treatments done.  

So onwards and upwards, it is, Ragers and Ragettes!!

Lots of Love

The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment