Tuesday 20 May 2014

On Adjusting to My New Life and Having a Boyfriend

Hi Ragers and Ragettes!!!  Sorry for the lack of posting.  After the big move we have been trying to get some sort of semblance of a normal house.  We are waiting for the broadband to be connected (this Friday) so there is a lot going down!

The strange thing that I have had to deal with is trying to decorate the new flat.  Normally, for me, this wouldn’t be a problem.  The problem is that I have to take into account Simon’s taste. 

Now I don’t want to be the sort of girl that barks orders at her man and makes all decisions for him.  That’s no fun at all.   So I have been trying to take into account his taste in decor.

We went to a shop and looked at settees.  I saw a beautiful big, suede, tan coloured L shaped settee that would have looked amazing in the front room.  Simon didn’t like it.  He looked over and found 2 plum coloured ones with a feature decorative cushion.

Now, I would have never thought of plum as a colour for the front room.  But you know what?  I like it!  The neutral colour would have driven me batty when it comes to accessorising!  The plum colour gave me a pallet to work with!  Result!  So we looked at coffee tables and side tables and TV stands and found a darker wood with a retro style (which you all know, Ragers and Ragettes, is my thing!) and then we found a plum coloured lamp and 2 plum coloured lampshades.  There to have it.  Nice and easy!

The kitchen we are keeping with lime green ( I have a lot of lime green appliances and such) and our bedroom is still red.  My bathroom is monochrome.  Simon has just kept the en suite simple.  The only thing that I have to decorate now is the front hall (which is massive!!!) and the spare room (which is now a junk room.  It’s going to be my dressing room).

And the thing is that in the past I have tried to decorate a flat with an ex and it ended in a massive argument in the middle of Ikea.  Now, Simon and I haven’t had the Ikea test yet (the best way to see if your relationship is strong is to go to Ikea and if you don’t want a divorce or breakup after leaving the store, then your relationship is rock solid.  The amount of domestics I have seen in Ikea....Christ!) but I know that is something that will happen in the future.  But anyway, Simon is amazing to shop with.  He listens and he’s honest.  He wants what I want, a happy successful future.  No drama, no complications and lots of kisses and cuddles.

We are almost finished with the actual furnishings.  All we really need is a washing machine and then things like pictures and such.  Those will come in time.

There is still a lot to do though in regards to getting the flat looking presentable.  We have a wardrobe to put together....a huge one for yours truly’s shoes and clothes.  Then I need to go through my bags and put the said clothes away.  It’s truly overwhelming and daunting.
But you have to go with it. 

Yes, this relationship thing is ok.  For example, a few weeks ago, Simon announced to me that he needs to get some new shoes.  I love shoe shopping, as you know, Ragers and Ragettes.  But shopping with a man is very different.

Simon wanted some black shoes that he could wear with jeans to go on a night out in.  I thought that would be an easy purchase because I know my shoes!

Wrong!  Not easy at all!!!

We walked around a few shoe shops and he couldn’t find what he wanted. He had very specific criteria.   I would pick shoes out and it would be, too chavvy (American Ragers and Ragettes Chavvy = White trash), too dressy, too orthopaedic looking, too old manish.  And I thought I was particular!!!

We admitted defeat and decided to walk back to the car.  On the way back through town, I spotted the beautiful Suzanne and it gave me the opportunity to introduce her to my man.  She liked him so that’s so important to me.  She also told me about a fab shoe shop in the centre.

We were walking back and we happened to pass the shoe shop that the gorgeous Suzanne recommended and well...I bought a fabulous pair of red patent leather peep toe stilettos!

Shoes for Simon:  0

Shoes for Betty:  1

Last weekend, we decided to try again!

This time, Simon wanted some white trainers (sneakers/gym shoes for my American Ragers and Ragettes)  to go with his shorts as it is getting warmer here in the north of England.

We went to this discount shop and we had a look around.  It wasn’t too bad.  No stilettos but they had some cute sandals.  While Simon was trying on white trainers, a pair of blingtastic jelly sandals caught my eye....£8!  It would be rude not to!

Simon found a pair of white ones that he liked.

Shoes for Simon:  1

Shoes for Betty:  2 (that’s including the ones from the last shoe shopping trip)

Fabulous!

Yes, this relationship thing is great!  I get shoes when we go shoe shopping!  But besides that, he’s a great guy.  He’s so thoughtful.

He knows I’m trying o shift some weight (he says that he loves my body the way it is but will support my weight loss) so he surprised me with a device called Fitbit. 

It looks quite good.  It’s a black armband (I might jazz it up with some red diamantes....just a thought!!!)   You can sync it with your smart phone and log all your calories on line.  As have been doing this anyway (it’s a control thing) it’s good.  So I will let you all know of it is any good.  I am a believer if something is a good product (especially a beauty product or a fab hairdresser) then I will let all my friends know! 

And Simon’s hairdresser is apparently quite well known for doing colour correction in the North West of England so he gave me his details. 

Yes, I quite like this relationship thing.  I have never been with someone that made me laugh, who was respectful, sweet, genuine, thoughtful and so complementary.  Even when I am sporting my tracksuit bottoms, vest, no bra and hair scraped back without any make up he still tells me he thinks that I am beautiful.  Sigh, I will never understand it.

Anywho, take care Ragers and Ragettes!!  Enjoy the sunshine and stay fabulous!

Lots of Love


The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxxxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. You are NOT kidding. That was the one thing(and still is to some point) that took sooooooo much getting used to.
    I like my home to be pristine.....no cords to be seen, everything all tucked away nice and neat...and invisible.
    My MM, likes his electronics and there are cords EVERYWHERE- and it's driving me to insanity.
    I like - and I think we are BOTH like this- Functional, comfortable furniture. I'm a bit more into style than MM is, but both of us will choose function over form every time.

    He likes things left out so he can see them- I -as I said- like things all neat and tidy and tucked away so it LOOKS nice.

    We still dont have much artwork on our walls because we can't seem to agree on exactly what we want- or what we DO agree on costs an arm and a leg to produce and we havent gotten around to being THAT serious about it yet.

    Time will work it all out!! I'm sure your new place will be lovely when you get it finished!! And I think I will fully expect some Photos of it on here at some point?? Hmmmmm??????????

    Goddess Rules,
    Elena xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete