Thursday 27 November 2014

On Christmas Parties and Finding the Perfect Dress

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!!!  It’s a chilly day in St Helens so I have dressed accordingly.  I’m rocking a red sparkly belted jumper with my skinny jeans and my brown riding boots.  Now I have been wearing dresses this past week but today I have opted for jeans.  Why?  Because it is so cold here at work that I have to put a heater under my desk.  The heater has given me ugly looking marks on my leg so I can’t be having that.

I especially cannot be having that as it is coming up to that time of year that every girl loves and dreads....Christmas Party Season. 

Christmas Party Season is a bittersweet time.  Think crash diets to get into that frock, trying to find a frock that no one else has, booking beauty appointments (I booked mine in October!!), trying to get shoes and the right accessories for the frock, and so on!

Then onto the actual Christmas Party.  Christmas Parties are a hotbed for drama.  Many illicit kisses, bitch fights, sexual encounters and drunken mistakes are made.  Friendships break down and new ones are made.  Yes, so much drama in one night.

One such party, on this night, someone got fired, a romance happened (the happy couple got married this year) a promotion occurred and I got home in one piece with my boyfriend at the time.  It was a classic evening.  That night, I rocked a purple asymmetric frilled River Island frock, fishnet stockings and studded leather black stilettos and a rock chick side swept curly hairdo that at the time was a great idea.  Looking back....it probably wasn’t!!!

Well this year, this Christmas party should be pretty much drama free.   The lads at work, Paddy and his brother and Simon’s parents will be there.  As I will be the only chick there I need to rock a particularly fab outfit.

So I started hunting.  I usually go for a red short dress or a jumpsuit.  I needed something different though.

So I starting looking on Asos and I found 2 gorgeous frocks.  Both stunning and fabulous.  I looked at the price.  Ouch!  So I started to think outside of the box.

I started looking online at some quirky boutiques and after 5 hours of trawling the internet, I found it....

Now this frock is totally un-Betty Rage like but I chose it for one reason.

You all know how much I love my best friend Suzanne.  She is my constant inspiration, my rock.  She is one of the few people that I can be totally honest with and she will always give me her 100% honest opinion.  I consider her my sister. 

So when I saw this dress, I decided on it because it reminded me of Suzanne.  Suzanne is blond with blue eyes and clear porcelain skin.  This dress is falls to the knee, it has ¾ length sleeves, it cuts where a normal t-shirt would at the neck line, but it is backless!!!  And the colour?  Well, it is sequinned....and it is ice blue.  Yes, Betty Rage is breaking the red cycle and going for ice blue.  Suzanne wears blues all the time and I can imagine how gorgeous she would look in this dress.  It would suit her!!!  The fit and the colour....God, she would look stunning!

I decided to buy this dress and as I clicked on it I decided how to do the rest of the look.  I am going to go for a snow queen look.  So I will be wearing my silver sparkly stiletto shoes with matching clutch bag.  Some crystal chandelier serious bling earrings, and I found a statement cocktail ring.  That’s the outfit sorted.  I ran it by Suzanne and she agrees. 

I scheduled to get my beauty treatments done on the day of the party and one of the things I am going for is to get my eye makeup done.  Being a red lippy wearer, I am not confident doing my eyes.  So I need to get them to do a snow queen look for me.  I will probably slick my pink lip gloss on to finish the look.

It’s out of my comfort zone but I think that it will be fab! 

Simon and I decided to do a Man Versus Food sort of competition for our Christmas Party.  It's on December 20th at our Local Pub.  At our local pub, they do lovely food and 2 of the items that we do include a huge burger (it weighs about 2 pounds) and an 18 inch hot dog.  We are challenging the lads to eat them and the side of chips and onion rings.  If they finish it, Simon will pay for the whole meal.  It should be a laugh!!! 

I usually dread the holiday season because I have been single and alone.  But this year is different.  Life has changed so much for me so I feel that you sometimes need to go with it.  So here’s to ice blue dresses, eating competitions and fingers crossed a drama free Christmas party!!!

Until next time Ragers and Ragettes, keep your heads and standards high and your heels even higher!

Lots of love


The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. Oh Betty!!!!! You are going to knock em dead!!!

    ReplyDelete