Friday 5 December 2014

On Simon’s Birthday and a New Outfit Choice

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!!  It’s Friday!  I am so happy that it is!  I am rocking my skinny jeans, leopard print sheer blouse and my black peplum jacket with my black stiletto knee high boots.  It’s a cold and windy day in St Helens. The sort of day that I would rather be snuggled up in my duvet watching Netflix and eating M&M’s.

But today is an important day.  It’s my Simon’s 29th birthday.  So I have been rushing around and trying to get everything ready for him. 

This morning he woke up to one of our guinea pigs near his face.  He loves the guinea pigs.  I gave him his card and he seemed happy with that.

We got to work and Errol got his presents that we hid in the back of his car. 

Simon is very difficult to buy presents for.  When he sees something he likes, he simply buys it.  So I had to really think outside the box.  So went onto a man gadget shop and purchased a gun that shoots elastic bands, a mini pool table and a calendar that has been signed by his favourite pin up girl. 

When he opened his presents he seemed quite pleased.  He played with the elastic band gun shooting the elastic bands at Keith and Errol.  He then played a quick game of pool.  He then pinned his new calendar to the wall, opening it to the centrefold. 

So far so good!

The big challenge is for tonight.  He doesn’t know where he is going so I am winding him up telling him that we are all going skiing.  We are all actually going to a gorgeous restaurant in a place called Hindley (which is 20 minutes away).

Now this has been a military like operation.  I have had to keep this secret.  So I have booked the taxi, the restaurant and organised with 9 men to get to a set place at a set time...

That doesn’t sound like much, but honestly, men are like children.  So I had to write everything down and basically draw them all a picture. 

And because this time of year, the restaurants are busy, I had to book the food for everyone (besides Simon’s, he will order tonight) and put a deposit down.  It was stressful but I did it!!!

So the plan for tonight is get to Simon’s parent’s house for 6ish.  Have some Prosecco, wait for the others to arrive then at 6:30, leave in the taxi to get to the restaurant for 7pm.  There, his best friend and her new boyfriend are meeting us (he doesn’t know this, another surprise for him).

The Restaurant was his best friend’s idea.  It’s called Summat to Ate (funny name, I know!) and it’s a cool looking restaurant with a great concept.  It’s a steak restaurant and you cook your steak at your seat!  It comes out on a hot volcanic rock and you leave it there for as long as you want!  It’s a man place.  The lads are all excited.

Then after we are going to get a taxi back to St Helens and have a few beers.  We are also meeting Andy in town.  Hopefully not a repeat of last work night out?

But the most important thing.....yes, Rager and Ragettes....my outfit!

I have decided to go outside my comfort zone.  As you know, whenever I go out, I usually wear a mini dress that is red, or a black jumpsuit.  But I decided to break these 2 rules! I want to get more jewel tones in my wardrobe (as the gorgeous Suzanne pointed out to me) so I decided to wear a pinky/peachy blazer over a cobalt blue plunging vest, ultra skinny jeans, my carvela peachy/pinky 6 inch stiletto Mary Jane styled heels with a leopard print clutch bag and the most blingtastic cocktail ring that I have ever seen!!!  Fabulous!  I am also rocking blue nails and tonight I am going to attempt cobalt blue eye shadow with pink lips.  It’s a far out look for me but I thought that I would try it.  You never know, I might be rocking this trend in the future!!! 

I don’t know if I am more excited about the actual celebration or if I am excited about getting ready to go out in my new outfit!! 

So fingers crossed it all goes to plan.  I want to give Simon the best birthday ever.  He deserves it.  A lot of time in work I see he gets stressed and upset.  I just want him to relax and chill and enjoy his special day.

So I raise my glass to you, Simon.  Thank you for loving me, for believing in me, for making me laugh, keeping me on my toes and for being a wonderful boyfriend.  We have our ups and downs.  Our little spats but we never go to be angry with each other.  That, to me, is the most important thing ever.  So Simon, enjoy your day and I hope to spend the next 29 years happily with you.

Until next time, Ragers and Ragettes, keep your head and standards high and your heels even higher!

Lots of love


The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment