Monday 17 November 2014

On A Cathartic Weekend and Bathing Guinea Pigs

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!  It’s Monday and I am feeling good in myself!  Today I am wearing a beige knitted dress with black trim, black leggings (I am really loving these leggings!!) and my black heeled knee boots.  I touched up my hair so it is bright, bright red!  Fabulous!!!  I have my red lippy on and it matches my hair.  Feeling on top form!

But I need some prayers Ragers and Ragettes.  Suzanne isn’t doing too well.  It appears that she has a bad kidney infection and she is on her way to hospital as we speak.  I am scared for her and I want her to get better.

In light of this news, I am going to make myself happy and put positive vibes out there for her with today’s post.

This past weekend was lovely and interesting.

Saturday was busy!!  I went to the gym and had a great session with my Personal Trainer.  I am gutted because on Thursday she is leaving and moving onto another gym.   She is an amazing woman and I have learned so much from her.  She’s given me a new lease of life in my workouts.  I feel stronger and she has made me see my workouts in a different light. 

Then Simon picked me up and we headed to the train station to go to Wigan as I needed to return 2 dresses to H&M that I bought.  One was a big fuzzy jumper dress that was way too big!  I mean the armpits sagged down to my waist!!!  Plus it just didn’t suit me.  (it suited the skinny bitch model though!!!) and the other was a quirky cute dress.  I put it on and it just didn’t suit me at all.  It was a bit tight but the way that it was cut didn’t flatter my figure at all.  I was looking for a blazer to wear for Simon’s birthday celebration in 3 weeks time and I found a gorgeous peachy/pink one.  I found the last one in my size got my refund and Simon and I walked around Wigan laughing and joking about how many pie shops there were.  Honestly.  Every other shop was a pie shop!

We then got on the train and headed back into St Helens and I went to the little shopping mall to a little boutique that I like and purchased 2 tops to wear under the blazer because I couldn’t decide which colour.  The first one is a gorgeous wine racer back floaty sort of top.  And the other is a cobalt blue wraparound cami.  Both look great under the blazer and I can’t decide which one to go for.  Part of me is saying go for the cobalt blue one.  It’s different and striking, I think with my red hair. 

We then went to the pet shop to purchase some more Timothy hay for the guinea pigs and Simon pulled a little pink bottle off the shelf. 

Hey Betty, Simon said.  Hey what I responded.

He grinned his cheeky chappy grin and said let’s bathe the guinea pigs. 

Now Betty Rage has never bathed an animal before ever.   Where do I even start? 

I shrugged and said, ok let’s give it a go!  We finished our shopping and got back home.  I got into a nice hot shower and put on my raspberry colour sweater dress (I love sweater dresses!!!!!!) and my tan leggings (which are a tad too big for me!) and we cleaned the guinea pigs’ cage out and then decided to try and bathe them.

I read on the internet some tips and so we tried it.  We put a towel in the bottom of the bath (for traction for the little guinea pigs’ feet.) filled the bath with warm water.  We put Wally* (I even changed the guinea pigs names to protect them!!) in first as he is placid.  I held Chilli* on my lap to calm him down while his brother was being washed.  Wally let Simon pour water on his back and rub his little body with the guinea pig shampoo.  It was the cutest thing I have ever seen!!!!  I even videoed and took photos of it!  When he was finished with Wally, I handed him Chilli and I wrapped Wally up in a towel.  The little guy was shaking so I did my best to keep him warm. 

Chilli didn’t like the bath at all!  He ran around trying to avoid having water poured on him.  Simon picked him up and kissed his nose.  The site was too cute for words!!!  Honestly!   It was cute over load!

We towelled Chilli off and wrapped them both up to keep warm and dry them off.  We took them to the front room to watch some TV.  I was holding Wally and Simon was holding Chilli.

That moment was perfect, Ragers and Ragettes.  We were sitting there on the settee with our 2 little bundles of fluff holding hands.  Honestly, if I could take a moment and wrap it up in a box and put a bow on it.  So when times got bad, I could revisit it over and over again.

Now, Wally has a little habit that makes me angry.  He likes to pee on me.  Yes, you read that right!  I felt confident holding him in a towel because surely he would pee in the towel?  Wrong!!!!

I was holding Wally in the towel and his face was pointing towards my face.  He started to crawl up towards my face.  I thought that he wanted to give me kisses.  I felt a warm wet feeling on my jumper and on my chest. 

The little shit got out of the towel to pee on  me and then went back into the towel!!!  Simon thought that this was the funniest thing ever!!!  I was not impressed at all!!!! 

We decided to put the little guys back in their clean cage.  Simon couldn’t stop laughing.

Sunday was spent chilling.  I reluctantly went to the gym in the morning.  I came back and I just felt disconnected.  Simon and I cleaned the apartment from top to bottom.  We finished up and Simon decided to play his PlayStation.

So I decided to touch up my red (red does fade so quickly so I used Crazy Colours Fire to keep the red looking bright and vivid.  I do this every 10 days in between hair appointments.   It’s not a permanent colour so there is no peroxide or anything like that.) and I sat in my comfy chair and started watching the latest Danish/Swedish Noir TV program, The Bridge.  It’s a great show and you know how much I love Danish men!!!!

I got lost in that world for a few hours.  I then looked at the time and decided to make a batch of chilli for Simon and me.  I love making chilli.  I can’t cook but I do make a good batch of chilli. 

Simon and I had dinner, watched TV for a bit.  It was getting late so Simon and I started to get ready for bed.  I cleaned up the kitchen, brushed my teeth and put my night cream on and headed for bed. 

Simon checked his phone and I was reading up on the latest fashion trends,  I just felt like I was a bit lost.  Simon turned the light off and got into bed.

I held him and we snuggled me.  Betty, he said.  What’s up.

I started to talk to him.  I told him how I was feeling.  The feeling of being lost and sometimes isolated.  How I want better for myself. 

He listened, stroked my back and I felt safe.  I don’t even remember what I said but I felt like some of the pent up feelings I had were set free. 

When I was finished, he stroked my face and said, Betty you can always talk to me.  He kissed me softly and said let’s get to sleep.

I rolled over on my side, my back facing him, he spooned me and wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed my neck and my back.  I feel asleep for the first time in a long time with a huge smile on my face.

Sometimes with our partners, we feel like we need to hold things back.  The truth of the matter is that your partner is your friend too.  We need to remember that. 

So here I am typing this up as Simon is blasting and dancing around the office to Barry White’s “You’re my First, My Last and You’re My Everything”.  Yes.  My other half is silly and sweet.  Yes he can sometimes be a bit of an ass in work and sometimes he has a know it all attitude but he’s lovely and sweet.  He’s one of my closest friends and I am blessed to have found him.

This weekend it made me realise that I have being living in the past and it’s time for me to move forward.  So next weekend I will be doing a massive clean out! 

Lastly, Suzanne, I love you, I miss you.  Please get better.  Please.

So until next time Ragers and Ragettes, keep your head and standards high, and your heels even higher!

Lots of love


The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 comment: