Monday 10 November 2014

On Work Night Outs Drama

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!  It’s a chilly Monday here in St Helens.  I am rocking a Raspberry jumper dress over my skinny jeans and comfy brown riding boots.  I am nice and cozy and warm!!!

Well, on Friday I had another birthday celebration.  This time it was with my colleagues from work.   Keith, Errol, Errol’s girlfriend,  Paddy and Paddy’s brother.

I dressed in a white and beige body con dress, nails and make up done up to the nines hair perfect.

Now work nights out are notorious for drama.  Usually someone cops off with someone else, people fall in love, someone gets trashed and throws up all over the place, etc.  It’s usually a good laugh and I tend to not drink as much because in the past I was usually the one causing the drama.  And Betty Rage doesn’t want or need any more drama right now!

Friday night had its fair share of drama.  It started off nice enough.  We were all in the pub laughing and having a drink…  Errol’s girlfriend, Brittany (name has been changed) and I started to chat and have a laugh.  We played pool and have a good laugh.

Then our new member of staff, Andy (name has been changed) showed up.  Andy, is about 50, has an arm full off tattoos.  He’s a tough guy and he’s our mechanic.  He’s a good guy.  I bought him a drink and we all continued to have a great time.

Then we decided to go to another bar down the road that was quite skanky.  We all rocked up with Brittany puking on the way.  Messy!!!

Keith and Paddy walked up to 2 girls and started chatting them up.  Simon and I started chatting to Andy.  He’s enjoying working with us, which ixs good because he’s a good worker.

Simon then wandered off somewhere leaving Andy and me.  I went to buy a diet coke (I alternate alcoholic with non alcoholic drinks)  It was loud and I felt an arm around my waist.  Before I knew it, I was pressed against Andy’s torso, he whispered in my ear chatting about work...I felt his hand tenderly rubbing the small of my back.  I instantly felt uncomfortable.  Where was Simon?

I made my excuses and went out to see Simon who was having a cigarette and laughing outside.  Keith saw me shiver and he gave me his coat. 

I took a cigarette and pretended to laugh and joke.  Andy came outside and lit up a cigarette.

I was overreacting, I told myself.  I smiled, relaxed and joined in the merriment.

I gave Keith back his coat and he and Paddy went back to the girls they were chatting up and Simon disappeared again.  I went inside to check on Brittany who was chatting to Paddy’s brother.  Simon and I shared a kiss.  Errol called Simon over and I was again alone.

 I went out to have another cigarette and in a blink of an eye Andy was outside with me having a cigarette.  He was looking at me funny.  I tried to make small talk.  I finished my cigarette and he put his arms around me once more.  He hugged me and told me he was happy working for Simon.  He kissed my bare shoulder and I knew that I wasn’t over reacting.  His hands rubbing up and down my back.  You’re cold, Betty. 

I felt a bit scared.  He is 6 foot tall and looks like he has been in prison for murder. I didn’t know what to do.  I was shaking half out of cold half out of fear.  What if Simon saw?

I smiled sweetly and said, I need to go to the bathroom.  So I broke away and went to the toilet and tried not to cry.  I mean, my eye makeup looked perfect!!!! 

I checked my phone.  It was getting late.  I composed myself and strutted back out.  Andy vanished.

Simon was laughing with Errol at the fact Keith and Paddy went with the 2 women they were chatting up.  I stayed by Simon’s side for the rest of the night.  We got thrown out of the bar as they were closing at 3.   We stumbled to the take away for a pizza and not once did I leave Simon’s side.  Simon was the drunkest I had ever seen him so he didn’t think anything was up.  I clung onto him and he was whispering pure filth into my ear.  Usually I would reciprocate but I still felt a bit upset.

We got a cab and got home.  I had to hold Simon up.  When the lift got to our floor I went to leave and Simon fell flat on his ass.  I had to pick him up (wearing 6 inch stiletto heels and trying to pick up a giggling drunken boyfriend is difficult!!!

We got in, I ate only a slice of pizza and Simon picked the toppings off and ate it like a naughty school boy.  He looked sweet and I smiled at him.  I washed my hands and we got into bed.  I turned the lights off.  Simon tried to have sex with me but in his intoxicated state he couldn’t rise to the occasion.

So he passed out and I drifted to sleep.

The next day I pretty much did nothing.  My tummy was feeling off.  Simon was feeling rough..  I spent the whole day by his side.   Hugging him and kissing him.  I felt clingy, needy, guilty.  Then Andy texted me.

My heart started pounding.  He wanted to know if I had a hangover.  I texted back, I am a bit rough but ok.

He then asked questions about the work’s trip to Amsterdam. 

I answered brightly and pretended nothing happened.  I just felt guilty. 

I know I am probably making a mountain out of a molehill.  I bet that I am getting worked up over nothing.  I bet that this is not as bad as I feel.  Why do I feel so bad? 

I haven’t told anyone about this, not even Suzanne.  Did I do something wrong?  Why do I feel guilty? 

I am struggling with all these emotions.  When I was single I would have lapped the attention up but now that I am with Simon, I just feel like it’s all wrong. 

The worst bit is coming into work today and Andy acting nonchalant about it.  I am putting it down to drunken behaviour.  That’s all it can be, can’t it?

So I made a decision.  I am off the booze for the foreseeable future.   I just don’t want that drama in my life.  I worked so hard to get a great guy and to get a good life.  Things aren’t perfect by any means but they are better.  I love Simon so much and I don’t want to lose him.

We will see how this goes.  Fingers crossed it goes according to plan!  

So until next time, Ragers and Ragettes.  Keep your heads and standards high and your heels even higher

Lots of Love


The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment