Monday 24 November 2014

On a New Personal Trainer and Cleaning Out the Closet

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!!!   It’s Monday again and here I am at my desk with the heater under my desk blasting on full blast!  I am rocking my black and wine lace patterned vintage wrap around dress with black tights and my black patent with velour detailing stiletto Mary Janes.   I have my new favourite lippy on and I am feeling fab-u-lous!!

Suzanne is at home relaxing and getting better.  I am so happy that she is resting.  She needs it!!!  I do miss her though so much.  I need to schedule time to see her before Christmas and give her the Christmas present I bought her.  

This past weekend was a great weekend.  I woke up bright and early on Saturday as I had a training session with my new personal trainer.  Her name is Karen* (Changed to protect the innocent) and she is a very pretty girl.  With Blonde hair and her petite frame she looks like any normal pretty girl that you would see at the gym.  But this girl is seriously physically fit!!!  She has entered body form competitions and you should not under estimate this girl!!!!

We kind of started talking anyway before she started training me and it transpires that she went to school with Simon.  Simon remembers her as being quirt, pretty and sweet.  That’s pretty much Karen. 

We started the session with my measurements.   She measured my calf muscles first.  Now when I rolled my jogging bottoms up, she saw my defined calf muscles.  Christ, Betty she said.  You have got a pair of killer calf muscles!! 

I grinned and said, do you want to know my secret?  She looked at me and said yes I need to get mine better for my next competition. 

I smiled and said, I wear 5 inch stilettos most days.  I have been wearing heels for 17 years now so I can strut my stuff in most heeled shoes.  They shape the calf muscles nicely.

Karen was shocked.  She took the rest of my measurements and we started the training.  It was weights based (which is what I prefer and has been proven to work the best for fat loss) and I impressed her as I lifted more than she thought I could.  We chatted like friends would and it was a pleasant session.

She was asking me about my heels and the size that I wear.  I told her that I would send her a heel wearing training plan.  Result!

She said that she would send me a training plan (which she did) and recommended what I should eat.  I felt comfortable and confident leaving the gym.

When I got home, I took a shower and when I came out I had a friend request from her on Facebook and a text telling me that I did great on my session.  I had 2 trainers previous but I feel that working out with Karen will give me the results that I need.

I spent Saturday sorting through my clothes and clearing out what I wanted to list on eBay.  I got through a lot and it felt quite good.   I ended up with 43 items that I want to sell. 

I even went through my Facebook account and got rid of a lot of the bad things, people and feelings and negative vibes.

I then topped up my red hair (which I love so much!!!) so it's very, very, very bright red (thank you Crazy Colours!!)

I then settled in my bean bag chair and watched Swedish/Danish police drama The Bridge (God, Danish men!!!!  Daaammmmmnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!) and just felt content with things. I felt that finally things were moving in the right direction.

On Sunday I listed 12 items and within an hour 2 had bids against them!!  Result!  

A wise person once said, when you clear things and people out of your life, you are actually making room for better people and things.  So I like to think that I am getting rid of bad memories, negative feelings and negative influences. 

It’s so liberating!!!  I also found some lovely dresses at the back of the closet and realised that I haven’t worn my office dresses for ages.  So I am going to start wearing them again to work.  I need to get my femininity back.  

So I am going into this week feeling more positive and bright.   No doubt there will be times where I will want to snap and scream but the key is to remember that better things are coming and also remember never to let anyone make you feel inferior.

So Ragers and Ragettes, clean out your closet and make room for new things and new people.  I mean, do you really need an excuse to buy new shoes and clothes?

So until next time, keep your standards and heads high and your heels even higher

Lots of Love


The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. I agree..never need a reason for a new outfit...or shoes...or jewelry...or chocolate.
    Or Christmas ornaments. Hahaha
    Just sayin...
    I would buy a couple of your things(you have exquisite taste in clothing and accessories) , but clearing the closet doesnt do much good if it's still in your life!! Hoping we can get together soon before your Christmas Hiatus, sugah!!Love you,doll....you just inspire me.
    Suzanne Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Suzanne. We do need to get together for a girly day. I miss you babe xxxx

    ReplyDelete