Wednesday 17 December 2014

On Christmas Party Dress Excitement

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!  It’s a chilly day today so I am wearing my fuchsia, orange, white and black striped shift dress, my black peplum jacket and my black knee high 5 inch stiletto boots.  Fabulous!

It’s only 8 days until Christmas and I have to admit, I am excited.  For Christmas?  Hell no!

In 3 days, it’s the work Christmas Party.  I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited for that!  Now remember I had my heart set on an ice blue dress and I found a gorgeous red dress?

Well, I finally received the red dress.   It was a bit of a trauma but I finally received it!  The company I bought the dress from decided to use a certain delivery company (which shall remain anonymous) that have a reputation for being quite unreliable.  I was scared that I was going to not get it in time.  I received a text the day after I ordered my dress saying that it was going to be delivered.  I was happy.

But it didn’t get delivered that day.  I received a text the following day saying that it was going to be delivered.  I got my hopes up and it didn’t arrive. 

No we were onto Saturday.  I put down the delivery point as work.  I checked the tracking and they said that it was out for delivery.   I wasn’t going to be there!!!  No dress that day too. 

Finally on Monday I received it.  And Ragers and Ragettes?  It was worth the wait!!! 

Every woman should have a dress that makes them feel like they are the most attractive woman in the world.  This is the dress.   It accentuates my curves, it’s a halterneck and so it shows my shoulders (with my workouts with my new personal trainer, my shoulders are looking amazing!!) it has a slit up to the thigh and paired with a gorgeous pair of Topshop golden sandals that I have, it’s poetry in motion!!! 

I plan on putting my black and gold envelope clutch, red and gold earrings and a red statement ring.  I am getting my hair, makeup and nails done on the Saturday.  So I am planning on going for red sparkly nails, gold eyeshadow and red sparkly lipstick.  Fabulous!!!  I’m thinking hairwise, going for a Jean Harlow look.  Old Hollywood glamour...love it!!

Getting ready to go out, for me, is more fun than actually going out!  I have a ritual. 

First I get my beauty treatments done.  Then I come back, get into the shower and once I am finished I put my cocoa butter on (this is a must have for every woman!!!!!   Put it on when you get out of the shower and when your skin is still damp...that’s how you get the best of it) and I put my big bathrobe on.

Then I go and pour myself a glass of wine and I start to get myself ready.  If I haven’t had my makeup done, I would do my makeup and then my hair.  I start with my eyes first.  Because if you are doing eyeshadow, little bits of eye shadow will drop on your cheeks and around your face.  If you have foundation on, it will mess it up.

I then prime my skin, the apply my foundation, conceallor and face powder.  I don’t tend to wear blush because I have a natural pink glow. 
I then do my hair.  As I have a standard bob hair cut, there isn’t a lot I can do.  So  I tend to just leave it sleek.  I dry it and straighten it.  I use mousse and volumising hair powder.

Then comes the best bit....putting on my outfit. 

Now when you have a big function, what you wear under your outfit is just as, or even more important than the actual dress.

The best invention is spanx or anyt sort of sucking in knickers.  I have4 different types!  I have some large sucking in pants, ones that are like shorts that are thigh slimming, a body suit that have straps that go over the shoulders and are bikini cut.  You can wear your own bra with it and I have another one that is similar but it has longer legs (down to the knees).

Then you need to think of the best bra for the outfit.  A strapless bra will do for my type of dress but there are some fabulous new types of bras out now.  There are stick on ones, tape that pulls your boobs up, a backless bra...the combinations are endless!!  For Saturday I am opting for a stock on bra with tape that pulls my boobs up and my sucking in bottoms with thigh slimming.  Fabulous!
So I am I so excited to get ready.  I don’t know or care what Simon is wearing.  I want to look like a goddess. 

I also want Simon to look at me the way he looks at his Mercedes.  I want to wow him.  And I think I will.

So the countdown begins....3 more days until I get to put the dress on and be a goddess for a bit.  But as my girl crush Elena taught me, goddess is a state of mind and in that case, I am defo a goddess!!!

Until next times, Ragers and Ragettes, keep your head and standards high and your heels even higher!

Lots of Love


The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Only one word comes to mind......Fabulous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!!!!!! Every woman needs a dress that makes them feel beautiful! xxx

      Delete