Monday 8 December 2014

On Simon's Ruined Birthday

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!!  Happy Monday indeed!!!  Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!  It is absolutely freezing outside!!!  Today I would rather be cuddled up in my room on my bean bag (which is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo comfy), wrapped in a duvet with a hot chocolate and Netflix.  I finished watching a Danish show (and there was 1 Danish cock on display....my theory is totally correct!!  Danish men have huge dicks!!) but I found  few others to watch so it’s all good.  Anywho, I would rather be sitting in my room snuggled up watching Netflix.  It’s cold!  So today I am rocking a red sparkly jumper with my super skinny jeans, and my brown knee high boots with fleecy socks underneath.  I hate being cold!!!!

I received my Christmas Party dress today and it is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!  I am in love with this dress!!!!  I cannot wait to try it on and strut my stuff in it.

So on Friday was Simon’s birthday.  And I was feeling really positive.  We left work and drove to the flat, I got ready in record time and I looked fabulous!!!   I mean I look really fabulously fabulous!  I really liked the look!  Simon wore a nice shirt and his jeans and boots and he looked lovely.  When I strutted out he smiled and held me.  I breathed him in...there was no other place that I wanted to be.

I received a call and it was from his mum.  She slurred, dad is on the way to pick up.  Simon turned white.  His mum was drunk.....again...

I grabbed a bottle of bubbly from the fridge and some glasses.  I smiled and tried to keep him smiling but he looked on edge.

His dad picked us up and when we got in, his mum greeted us.  She was trashed!  She was wearing a blue backless lace dress with tights and heels.  Her makeup was done and she tried to cover the purple and redness in her skintone.  Betty!!!!  She said as she pulled me forward for a hug.  You look gorgeous and she put a big kiss on my cheek.  I smelled the booze.  Simon was frozen with a look of sheer terror, horror and embarrassment.  I didn’t know what to do.

She saw the bottle of bubbly in the bag I brought and she grabbed it and opened it.  I took it from her and poured 4 glasses.  We went out to their little cabin in the garden and sat down.  His mum said I will stay inside and wait for the guests. 

Simon was quiet.  I tried to talk and get the conversation going with his dad.  It was hard because there was such an atmosphere.

The rest of the guests arrived and my mama then called me.  I went out of the cabin and spoke to her.  I told her that Simon’s mum was drunk and that I hoped that she would sober up by the time she ate.

The guests all arrived and so did the cabs.  The first cab came and the work lads, Paddy and his brother popped in.  The next cab was for me, Simon, and his parents.  We got in and were on our way to the restaurant.  It was the longest 20 minutes of my life.  Simon’s mum kept on asking Simon what was wrong.  Simon was clenching his fists.  I kept the conversation going as best as I could.  When we were about 2 minutes away his mum asked are you ok again.  Simon snapped.  No I am not he said with a raised voice.

Luckily we pulled up to the restaurant.  I paid the driver and walked out with Simon behind me.  His mum stumbled behind me. 

We found our table and I went to get the drinks for Simon and I and to get away and think on how to defuse the situation.  I ordered our drinks and I turned and Simon’s parents were putting their coats on.  I looked at Simon and his dad approached me.  He put his arm around my waist and said, Betty we are leaving.  Simon has said that his mum as had too much to drink so we are going to go home.  My mouth hung open.  They walked out.  Simon walked up to me and I said are you ok?  He hugged me and I got his drinks. 

I told Simon what his dad told me.  He looked at me and said that didn’t happen.  I asked Mum to stop drinking for the rest of the night and she refused

The other guests started to come in.  I went through the meal on autopilot.  Smiled at the right time, laughed at the right jokes.  I had only 1 and a half glasses of red wine.

I texted his dad to ask how he was and his dad blamed Simon....How was this Simon’s fault?

As the evening went on, I started to think....what other special occasions has Simon’s parents ruined?  How many birthdays, school functions, parties, holidays....How could a mother choose alcohol over her son?

I grew more sad as I looked at him.  I had to stop myself from welling up.

When the night finished and we got home, Simon and I got into bed and he held me, his head on my chest.  I felt warm liquid on my chest and I looked down, Simon was crying.  I looked up at the ceiling trying to hold back my tears.  I ran my fingers through his hair.  Shhhhhhhhhhh, I soothed him.  It’s ok my darling.  He cried himself to sleep.

I didn’t sleep well that night.  I felt myself getting angrier and angrier.  I woke up at 7:30 and went to the gym and had a hell of a workout.  Anger really is a great motivation.

I received texts throughout the day from Simon’s dad saying that his Mum’s feelings are hurt, that he is spoiled and that they are not going to help out at work (which is a blessing, Simon’s mum is a hindrance plus they bring the dogs in and they cause issues.)  Proper emotional blackmail.   I didn’t tell Simon this as I didn’t want to add to the misery.

So here I stand after this strange weekend wondering where the future is going to go.  I will stand by Simon forever.  I love him.  But I know how much parents are important but his mum is clearly sick.  She needs help but won’t admit it.  How many more occasions will she ruin before she gets the hint?  If Simon and I get married, will she get trashed there and ruin our day? 

I don’t know what to do, Ragers and Ragettes.  I am sad, gutted, fuming and confused all in one.  This is a problem that is always going to be here unless help is sought out.  I just don’t know how to proceed. 

I guess that all I can do is stand by my man, love him and listen to him.  Wipe his tears away and be strong for him.  What else can I do?

Until next time Ragers and Ragettes, keep your head and standards high and your heels even higher.

Lots of Love


The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxxx

3 comments:

  1. Dahlin'....That's all you CAN do- a person with an addiction cannot be helped unless they want to help themselves and seek help.
    And Clearly, Simons mama is not in that phase yet.
    Stand by your man- and pray, sugah. If you need me I'm here for you.
    xoxoxoxox Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS- as for Simons Daddy- he has to live with her and from personal experience, it's much easier to blame "outside forces" if you have to live with the real reason- unless you are ready to confront or leave- and again- Clearly Papa is not ready for that.

    Have yall thought about an Intervention? I know it's extreme- but at least everything would be out in the open and everyone would be clear on how everyone felt.
    Maybe make a video of the offensive behavior(wouldnt have to be but a few minutes long) to show how it looks to the rest of you. Sometimes- in the light of day with blinding evidence that cant be denied- realization dawns.

    Suzanne xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Babe, I might have to do that. It's putting a strain on me and on Simon. Poor guy. Sigh. I guess I just have to stand by my man!! xxxxxx

      Delete