Thursday 7 August 2014

On Taking It Up a Notch, Prinnie Pampering and Business Success



Hi Ragers and Ragettes!  It’s a lovely sunny day here in St Helens!  It’s been a few days since my last post!  It’s been really, really busy in the life of Betty Rage but it’s all good.  Today I am rocking a purple, black, peach and white printed camisole with a tie at the bust, my vintage black velour jacket, skinny jeans and platform wedges.  I have done my make up with shades of violet which make my eyes look really green!!!  If you want to get the best from green eyes I find that by wearing purple or berry colours make mine look very clear.  I always line my eyes with black eye liner and I use berry coloured lip pencil (yes lip pencil) as it isn’t too obvious but it makes your eyes look alluring.  Then 2 coats of mascara and, fabulous!

Well, last Saturday, I decided to treat myself to a prinnie pamper session to celebrate my weight loss success!!  So I got a Shellac Manicure (I used to be a total acrilyc junkie but shellacs have made such a difference!  For those of you that don’t know, it’s a strong, Teflon sort of nail polish that lasts for 2-3 weeks!  And they protect your nails from breaking so my nails are a good length and strong!), a pedicure, a much needed eyebrow wax, and a very much needed bikini wax.  (Simon enjoyed that part the most.....tee hee!!!)  The gorgeously fabulous Suzanne got me onto this idea.  She calls it a non food treat.  And that works for me.  I like the thought of after a hard week of working out, eating healthily, and drinking plenty of water, treating yourself to a prinnie pamper session is the best treat ever instead of gorging on a burger.  I mean, you get 15 minutes of satisfaction but with my beauty treatments, I am getting a lot longer satisfaction!!  It totally makes sense.  Thanks, Suzanne!!!

Well, Brad the instructor said he’s happy with my progress and he wants me to now step it up.  He told me that I should try some of the classes, especially the spinning classes as it burns a lot of calories and it will improve my stamina.  So I tried one.  God it was hard!  I sweated so much but you know what?  I enjoyed it!  The instructor was a lovely woman with the most amazing tattoo on her right arm.  She pulled me after the class and chatted to me and said that she will help me and get me into shape!  But the next day my arse hurt so much!  I don’t know if it was from the class or if it was because the seat was so fucking uncomfortable!!!!  Ouch!!  A muff cushion is definitely needed.  I am going to try and grab a few classes after work a week.  I am going tonight.

Brad also told me that I need to eat more.  Yes you heard that correctly.  I need to eat more of the good things.  He said I should have 3-4 snacks a day.   And I need to eat a good healthy breakfast.  Here has been a typical daily diet:

Breakfast:  Oat So Simple Porridge pouch with almond milk
Mid Morning snack:  rice cake with a teaspoon of crunchy peanut butter (peanut butter is one of my most favourite things on this planet!)
Lunch:  Chicken salad with olives and feta cheese
Mid Afternoon Snack:  Rice Cake with low fat cottage cheese
Evening Meal:  Chicken stirfry or meatballs and salad.

I have basically been making 2 evening meals each night.  A regular meal for Simon and a healthy meal for me.  It’s been interesting.  I have been logging all my food and it makes you think about what you eat each day.  I can actually see how people become obsessed with it and make unhealthy choices.  As you know, my Mama suffers with this problem and I don’t want to go down that road.  I want to be healthy. 

Plus I have this gorgeous vintage red winter coat that I must get back into!!  It’s beautiful!  8 buttons on the front, soft and a classic cut.  It flares out slightly at the bottom which is very flattering style for us women.  I am determined to be in it by my birthday in October.

Work has been going from strength to strength.  We are going to be moving shortly into a new warehouse that is bigger and more modern looking.  We also had a very special client to visit us yesterday.

We entertained, yesterday, a funny little Frenchman who lives in Peru.  He saw our products online and came over to look at them.  He wants to buy a lot of them for us.  Crazy?  Yes.  Stereotypically French?  Oui!  Looked like a serial killer?  Definitely.  But he is buying our product by the pallet load!!  So Simon and I are very pleased!

We also have a client in Cyprus who has put his first order in for a palletload of our product.  So things are definitely looking up!!! 

Things are ticking over nicely in there world of Betty Rage....it kind of scares me.  But with everything that has happened since March I am slowly settling into a new way of life.  It’s difficult at times.  I am not used to stability, to be loved for who I am, to have no drama.  I need to find my way in this place and make this my home.  That that’s the part that terrifies me the most.  But with Simon’s love, Suzanne’s support, Elena’s blog (the Words of a Goddess) I will get there.

So until next time, Ragers and Ragettes, take care of yourselves, get some non food treats and embrace each day with happiness!!!  If not, just get a large glass of red wine!

Lots of love

The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous!!!!!!
    I know you will make your goal of that fabulous vintage coat by October.

    Spinning class......my you are a BRAVE Goddess! The eliptical crosstrainer is more than enough of as workout for me, have never been able to do more than 20 mins on it- but am getting one for Valhalla in a week or so so I don't have to go to the gym anymore and hopefully that will increase my stamina too. Burning calories is WELL important and at the top of my list even tho I am fabulous just as I am. In a Goddess' world- there is ALWAYS room for improvement.
    But if it works for you- you go for it!! I'm hoping that someday we can see your fabulous self on here, if not the face ( I know exactly how important being anonymous is sometimes)then maybe rest of you- maybe dressed in one of your fabulous Betty Rage outfits!!!

    Love the idea of the non-food treats. They do last a LOT longer than food and it gives you a sense of accomplishment that you have with you for days or weeks instead of the "15 minutes of Fame"!! I think I'll try that too!! Thanks Betty!!!

    Much Love and support coming your way from me...

    Elena xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elena. It's a hard journey to go on. But it's worth it. I kept saying in the spinning class "red vintage coat" when it got tough but I will rock that coat!!!! And my body con dresses!! I will succeed!!!!

      Lots of Love as always, Elena

      The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxxxxxx

      Delete