Sunday 31 August 2014

On Distractions from an Unsettling and Strange Weekend

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!!!  It's a strange Sunday here in St Helens.  It's sunny one minute, then threatening rain the next.  I don't think that Mother Nature knows what to do!!!

Well, today I am here in my little sanctuary and I am rocking a white vest and my grey yoga pants...comfort is the name of the game today.

It's been a strange, crazy and unsettling weekend.

The drama started on Friday.  Simon was expecting a delivery on Thursday of stock.  We were in contact with the shipping company asking where the truck was.  We were told that the driver ran out of hours and had to park up 30 kilometres away.  Something just didn't sit right.

On Friday, after me chasing the shipping company for 2 hours we found out a disaster happened.  Over night, £7,000 worth of stock was stolen over night.  Simon was livid.  I had to talk to the haulier outside so that I could hear because Simon was swearing and screaming.  My heart was pounding and I felt sick to my stomach.  Physically sick...

So on Friday, I periodically went to the toilet to cry.  Simon works so hard.  How could someone do this??? I tried to make Simon laugh.  And I succeeded.  On the load (when it finally arrived) there was new stock so Simon had a play with the new stock and looked happier.

I spent the day onto the police trying to demand that something be done.  I was put through to one department to another precinct and back.  It was frustrating.  I just needed to distract Simon.  I was wearing a low cut top and so I made my cleavage more prominent to distract Simon...it worked.  As I always say, my boobs really brings out his eyes....

The strangeness filtered into the weekend.  So I tried to distract myself.  So I put all I could into the gym.

I have recently changed my routine and eating and it's paying off.  I am losing the weight.  I am an emotional eater so usually I would call in for a pizza and get a bottle of red wine and drown my sorrows in a calorie laden fashion.

This time I distracted myself with my gym routine.  I went to the gym and gave it my all.  When I finished, I couldn't run, lift or crunch any more.  It was an amazing feeling.

To cheer Simon up, I went to Starbucks and bought him his favourite coffee....a large caramel latte with an extra shot of coffee.  When I presented this to Simon, he was so happy.

Yesterday, I distracted Simon by doing some work.  We have a massive business opportunity in America so we are doing the preparations.  It was hard, tensions were rising (I smiled to myself...I knew what was going to happen later....) and we got stuck with a simple upload.

Suzanne distracted me by a project that she is doing.  She wants to make a nice little reading and writing nook for herself.  Now I am not very good with decorating...the decorating I am good at is my clothes and make up!!!  Now Suzanne is amazing with decorating!!  She is so creative so she was bouncing ideas off of me.  It made me think about my room and my writing nook.  I think I will do that as a project and ask Suzanne for some help.  Plus that means we'd spend time together doing creative things which is amazing anyway.

So here I am now, distracting myself from the feelings and the emotions.  I went to the gym this morning, did a hard workout, had a shower and I am now writing my thoughts and feelings.  This is the only way that I can keep sane.  Being strong for Simon is the priority.  Simon is playing Grand Theft Auto 5 and distracting himself by stealing cars, shooting people and slapping bitches up.

So I am preparing myself mentally for a new week, keeping a positive attitude and trying to make sense of the last 72 hours.  Plus this distracts me from the overflowing basket of ironing that has been sitting there for a month...I really need to tackle that but there are so many shoes to look at!!

Sorry if this is a bit disjointed but Ragers and Ragettes, thank you for being the ultimate distraction.  Thank you for keeping me sane.

So take care, enjoy your Sunday and I promise the next post will be happier and more positive!!!

Lots of Love

The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. Oh My god....The number of times I have sat in front of GTA and just ran around and beat the crap out of people in the game to relieve my frustration and tension!!!(Much like you and the gym this weekend, Darling Betty!!!)

    3M wanted to trade it in on a new game and I told him -"TOUCH IT & YOU DIE!!!!!!"

    Elena xxx

    ReplyDelete