Saturday 23 August 2014

On a Great Start to a Long Weekend

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!  Here I am at my little writing station in the New Rage Towers.  Simon is in the front room happily playing his PS3 and I am watching the Everton v Arsenal match on my iPad and doing what I love doing best.  Writing my blog!!!

Today has been a fab day that started out a bit strange.  I didn't sleep well because I knew that was going to have a hard session with Brad in the morning.  And boy I was right!!  I mean, he pushed my body to the limit!  I had to do this circuit that was so difficult and he added an exercise that I saw in the show "The Biggest Loser".  I stood in a squat position and in my hands I held 2 handles for the biggest rope that I have ever seen.  The exercise was to from my squat position, raise my arms with the rope handles and get the rope to slam on the floor.  Erm......hard!!!!  My arms are destroyed!!   And I mean properly destroyed!!!  I could barely lift it!  I wasn't slamming the rope I was lifting it about 2 inches off the ground and placing it back.  On TV it looks easier!  In real life...uhh....no!!!

On my way home I thought that I would treat my darling Simon with a coffee from Starbucks as he is totally addicted.  So I drove to the drive through (I was looking rough, I couldn't go in looking like a Sweaty Betty!  Hell no!) placed my order, went to pay and.....I forgot my wallet at home!  D'oh!

I pulled up to the drive through window and sheepishly told them what happened.  They were understanding so I sped home, ran in, Simon was up and in his underwear.  He had a look of pure nerves on his face. Betty is everything ok?  He asked.

Yes I said, forgot my wallet!!  I grabbed my wallet and sprinted back to my car and back to the Starbucks.  I picked up his coffee and bought him a sausage bun and made my way back.

I got in and Simon said, Betty is everything ok?  I said yes, my darling.  I wanted to buy you lunch but forgot my wallet!

He laughed and said thank fuck!  I thought that you were angry at me.  I hugged him and kissed him.  He looked lovely.  He usually gels his hair but his hair was natural.  He looks fit without his glasses and with his hair natural.  Sigh.

He ate his breakfast and drank his coffee.  I made myself porridge.  I was excited because I was meeting the gorgeous Suzanne and her fabulous husband, Rick, for lunch.

Hard decision.  What do I wear?  I considered this quandary as I cleaned my dishes and got into the shower.

I decided on my skinny jeans, a high necked purple, pink, black and red halter top with my velour jacket.  I plaited my fringe and put a big purple rose in my hair.  I wore my cobalt blue retro Adidas running shoes (I didn't know if a lot of walking was going to be involved, I would have worn my black platform wedges.) and did purple eye shadow and natural lips.

Simon dropped me off in town and I saw Suzanne waiting for me.  I broke into a sprint and when I got to her I gave her the biggest hug I could.  It felt great to see her again.  She was looking gorgeous.  She was rocking black trousers, a coral/light orange top with a draped neckline and an on trend fuzzy cardigan.  She always gets it right!  I was so happy to see her again. She looked at me and said, girl, you are losing weight!!  I felt so happy that she noticed!!  Suzanne was looking slimmer on her waist.  Her waist is going in and she is getting her shape back.  I am so proud of her that she is taking care of herself. Rick was in the e-cigarette shop getting some more liquid for his e-cigarette.

When he came out of the shop I gave him a big hug and we walked to a Chinese Buffet restaurant.

We got to our table and piled our plates full of food and the conversation flowed.  We discussed the old job and as I was talking to both of them I realised how lucky I was to be where I am now.

Yes, my job can be stressful, I can't switch off and I will most likely plug my work laptop in and work but compared to what I was doing before and where I was before...yes, I am in a better place!!!  We giggled and have a great conversation and it was like old times.

We talked about mutual friends and how both are not happy where they are. That makes me unhappy.  I want to get us settled at work and get Suzanne to work for us.  Suzanne is so talented and well rounded she can pretty much go anywhere and do whatever you tell her to and do it well.  As we are expanding, I am confident that we will get her on board.

We were chatting away and Rick looked at his watch.  We are going to have to go.  My heart sank.  It wasn't enough time.  I put on a brave face but inside my heart sunk.  I had my soul sister back but for not long enough.

Rick paid the bill (while I protested...next time, it's on me!!) and we left the restaurant.  Rick went to look at a few things and Suzanne waited with me.  When Simon pulled up, I hugged her close and held back tears.

I got in the car smiled and waved.  As we pulled away, I burst into tears.  Simon took me to the pub and we sat together and discussed work.  I was a bit distracted.  I can't see Suzanne for just 2 hours. I need more time with her.  So I want to schedule a day that we both go into Liverpool for the day for shopping, lunch and a good girlie day.  (It still wouldn't be enough!!)

So here I am in my writing space watching the end of the match (Arsenal equalised???  Tasty!!) feeling a strange feeling of contentment, sadness, joy and determination.  Things are settling for me and as September is fast approaching (for some reason I have always found September to be a month that signals a new beginning for me....strange) and I feel ready with anticipation of the good times that are ahead.

So on that note I am going to go and cuddle Simon, make some dinner and enjoy the rest of this Saturday night.

Take care, Ragers and Ragettes!!!

Lots of Love

The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. ((((((((((( Goddess Hugs))))))))))))

    I've found that having one or two soul sisters is better than having an army of aquaintainces.

    Xxx
    Elena

    ReplyDelete