Monday 11 August 2014

A New Hair Do Really Changes You and a Relaxing Weekend

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!!! It's has been a crazy, wild manic Monday! At least I looked fab today, I rocked a vintage black with white appliqué flowers shift dress but I needed the help of the gorgeous Suzanne on my footwear. I took her advice and went with the patent nude peep toed heels. Suzanne never gets it wrong!!!

I had an eventful and fabulous weekend I must say.

Well on Saturday I woke up, had a fab session with Brad and got home, washed my hair, put my favourite vintage jumpsuit on along with my fab gold vintage jewellery and got ready to get my hair done.

I had a consultation with the hair dresser the day before so we were all up to speed.

My black bob has been my signature for over 3 years. My hair colour has changed so many times but I haven't been able to afford it properly due to life in general. Now that I can I decided to take the plunge. On Saturday at 10:56am Simon dropped me off at the hair dressers. I strutted in rocking my fab outfit and killer heels. The girl behind the desk recognised me and told me to have a seat.

I was nervous, I have to admit but I knew I was in good hands. I came prepared with the daily newspaper and trashy celebrity gossip/fashion magazines (my guilty pleasure) because I knew that this was going to take awhile.

My fantastically gay Turkish crazy hairdresser entered the room looked at me and said, Betty shall we begin. I smiled and said, let's!

My fantastically gay Turkish crazy hairdresser was colour correcting my black bob with red streaks into a full head of bright red hair.

I sat down in the chair and it began. His assistants started out by putting bleach in my hair. This wasn't your normal, everyday bleach. No, this was my hairdressers special bleach that you cannot buy in Europe!!! (Gulp!!!) soon my full head was bleached and I was put under the heat lamp. So I took my trashy celebrity gossip magazines out and immersed myself in Kim Kardashian's latest drama, sympathised with Danielle O'Hara's plight (honestly, cheat on your gorgeous wife who had your 3 kids????? What a gobshite!!) and saw that Beyoncé might leave Jay Z because of cheating rumours. I enjoyed it!!!

After the bleach was done they washed, dried and applied the colour. Back to the gossip magazines. Katie Price's husband is a cheat, she had a baby (I do feel for her....no one should have to go through that, but she is a tough cookie, a fab business woman, she'll bounce back stronger), and wants to get skinny again, Kerry Katona's fiancé sectioned (being a bipolar sufferer I understand....it's hard!!) plus beauty tips for autumn and winter fashion. I was in my element!!!!

When that colour set, I was brought back to get it rinsed off. My hairdresser did this himself. He took proper care of me. He is passionate about what he does and micromanaged the process. A conditioning treatment went on, then he washed that out looked at the colour and said it wasn't good enough!!! Shit, I thought! How much is this going to cost?? He then applied another coat of colour. Back to shameless celebrity gossip!!! God, it was amazing!!!! I felt chilled. I didn't have to think. I felt like a princess.

My hairdresser came over and said time to wash the colour off. I walked to the basin and he washed the dye out. He looked at my hair and said, I will put a hair mask on. I want to protect this.

Back to the celebrity magazines. Michelle Keegan's Essex move, Cheryl Fernandez Versini is happy, blah blah blah yackity smackity bullshit. Mindless drivel but I love it!!!

Finally the hair mask came off, I walked to where my hair dresser was going to cut my hair. I noticed
it straight away....the colour was bright...vivid, sexy. I gasped. Wait until it's dried and styled, my hair
dresser said. He started to cut my bob. He cut, pushed my head around, took the clippers out, cut some more...then voila!!! He took the hair dryer out and blasted my do.

Ragers and Ragettes. My hair looked amazing. I was almost in tears. My hair had gone from black with red streaks to the brightest, most vivid shade of red I have ever seen. It was perfect, in the light you got dark reds crimson, rubies, scarlet. The cut....edgy and perfect.

My hairdresser stood back, looked and said, Betty, this is the best I have ever done. I need to photograph this for the website. I was gobsmacked. He photographed me. I must have looked simple. He took my phone and photographed every angle of my hair. He looked at me and said, Betty, there is a hair show every year in Blackpool. Would you be my hair model?

I was shocked. I don't think of myself like that. Of course, I said.

He told me, I do photography and I think you have an edgy look. Different.

I smiled, wow. Yes, I would love to be your model. He then said come back in 5 weeks to touch it up. We will continue to touch the colour up and by the time the show is on, your hair will be perfect.

I couldn't believe it! I sent a photo to Suzanne to see. I posted it on Facebook.

Ragers and Ragettes. The feedback is insane. Almost everyone likes it's colour on me.

Simon drove up to collect me, when it got in the car he gasped. Hello gorgeous, he said. I smiled.

Let's just say when we got in, he broke in the new hair colour....it was a lovely evening....

Sunday I spent doing the one thing I haven't done for awhile...wear yoga pants all day and read fashion magazines....Simon played on his PS3. I was in heaven.

Plus to make it better, I was reading about fall and winter trends. I love fall fashion! Trench coats, jeans, trousers, tights. I tend to wear something dark but have bright accessories. Like wearing a black dress but brightening it with turquoise tights. Fall and winter doesn't have to mean drab!!!

So I will go into fall with a gorgeous head of bright red hair. Things are looking up! 

So I had a fabulous weekend and next weekend will be even better....that's when I get my new tattoo!!! But more on that next time...

Until next time Ragers and Ragettes, stay fabulous!!!!

Lots of love

The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment