Saturday 25 January 2020

On Getting Back to My Bettiness

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!!  It's a misty cool Saturday and I have to say that I am feeling fine!

As you all know, the last 3 years or so have been very up and down and unstable and crazy.  But as I sit here now, I think that things are kind of stabilizing

When I moved into my new place, I always had this fear that my old housemate would some how hunt me down and try to hurt me.  I know, stupid thoughts, but I was genuinely scared of her.  Now>  Not so much.

Since last April, I have slowly grown stronger.  My confidence is coming back.  I am clearing out the shit in my life.  As you saw from last week, I am clearing my flat out and my life out.

Yes, in April, there will be another flat move.  This time, it's not out of desperation but inspiration.  Why am I moving again?  Firstly, I saw my old housemate's fuck buddy in my local pub.  That's too close to me.  I just want to put the past away.  Secondly, my crazy neighbor who tries to go into my flat when I am not here (I know I was stupid to give her the key!) and thirdly.....I just belong back in the city center.  Plus this flat is falling apart. 

2 week's ago, the toilet broke, the windows are leaking in water so I have black mold and moldy smelling curtains.  Now there is an almighty stench from the bathroom.  If I compare these problems to last year, I will take these any day.

At work, when I am on my lunch, I look at all the flats that are out there in the area that I used to live.  I see the newer buildings with underground parking and views of the canal.  I cannot help but get excited.  In 2 and a half months, that will be my home!!!

Not only am I looking at flats, I have started being more Betty like!! 

Yesterday, I was surfing the net at work and saw a pair of leopard print stilettos. They were marked down from £69 to £20.  It would have been a crime to no purchase them.  So I did!  Plus in the great purge last week, I had to sadly get rid of my leopard print stilettos and my leopard print peep toes because I wore them out.  Yes, I literally wore them out!!  It was on sale and I needed them!!!!!!!  Yes, I think that is a very Betty thing to do!

And today.  Today I went to the salon to get my nails done (My nail technician is amazing!!!)  I decided to dress up and look good.

So I rocked a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, a leopard print camisole a black blazer and a pair of black stilettos with an ankle strap.  I pulled my hair into a high pony tail and did my make up to perfection, I even added fake eyelashes (which are not so scary to put on after all!!).  I topped it off with my new favorite red lippy and my Ted Baker black handbag.  I felt like a million dollars!

I had to pick up a parcel in the same village as where the salon is. 

As I walked through the village to get my parcel, I realized why I didn't wear these heels often....the ankle strap was cutting into my heel/ankle.  But I remembered my Bettiness.  So I slowed my strut down and gritted my teeth through the pain.  Yes, the pain was immense!!!!  But fuck me, I felt so good!!!

I limped to the shop, picked my parcel up and hobbled to the salon.  As I got to the salon, I slowed down again, shook my ankle out, rolled my shoulders back and strutted into the salon not letting the strap digging into my ankle bother me.

I received a lot of compliments on my outfit.  There was a blogger who was getting her hair done and an ex Manchester United footballer popped in to give his daughter (who works there) some supplies.  I felt like I fit in.

I never felt so Betty!  I forgot about the strap digging into my ankle.  I remembered how I used to strut, shoulders back, and not giving a shit.  I remember that my red lippy was my armor.  Yes....I felt my power coming back to me.

I was in such good form!  The woman who does my nails works at a department store at the Clinique counter.  She told me to go to the department store where she works tomorrow and she will give me a free skincare consultation and if I want to purchase anything she will give me her discount.  I grinned!!!  Wearing my heels and purchasing cosmetics?  I believe that is a very Betty thing to do!!!

So after I finished with my appointment, I waved goodbye to the girls and strutted/hobbled back to my car.  At this point, though, I have to say that I was limping.

I had to do one more errand.  I had to go into my village where I live and drop the previous tenants post off.

This was a problem in 2 ways.

First these fucking heels were now crippling me. 

Secondly, I will have to speak to the estate agent.  Why is this a problem?  The guy who works for the estate agent made a pass at me when I went to the pub in my village one day.  He tried to actually shove his tongue down my throat...in the pub....yeah.  Awkward. 

I pushed him away and kind of avoided going to the estate agency to drop off the previous tenant's mail. 

But the mail was building up and I had to do something about it. 

So I thought how am I going to do this?

Luckily I had a pair of black boots in my car.  These boots were broken but passable.  (The bottom of the heel broke off so one shoe made a clop sound) 

I took my stilettos off and put the boots on.  I fixed my lippy, powdered my nose and thought, no fucker controls me.

I strutted into the estate agent and there he was.  I smiled and handed him the post.

Oh Betty!!  Did you have a nice Christmas, he asked.  Yes I did!  We made small talk for a bit.  Nothing too awkward

I then strutted out.  I popped into my local.  If my old flatmate's fuck buddy is there?  Bring it on.  You don't fuck with Betty!!!  I literally felt invincible.

I am now sitting in my little flat sipping a glass of rose studying my ankle.  I will wear the cuts from the ankle strap on my stilettos as a badge of honor.  Betty is coming back!!!

Each day I get stronger.  Each day, I get a little more of myself back. 

By April when I move into my new home, I think I will be back to full on Betty mode.  And I cannot fucking wait!!!

Until next time, Ragers and Ragettes!  Keep your heads and standards high and your heels even higher

Lots of love

The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxx





1 comment:

  1. Betty is Back!!! darling- the Betty I know would dump the strapped heels- Uncomfortable heels just wont do! Purchase a pair that looks fab AND is comfortable!! You know they are out there and all you have to do is find them!!! That's why I dont shop for heels online. They usually dont fit correctly and I just waste my human resources on them. I saw the pic of you in your outfit today- you looked FAB!!! xxx Elena

    ReplyDelete