Sunday 12 January 2020

On the Big Clear Out

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!!!

I hope that you are all having the best Sunday ever!!!  I am having the best Sunday!

First, I got my talons cut down so I can actually type now!!!  I am rocking a cute nude/white and rose gold tape combo so I am pleased!!  I can type again!!  I can put my false eyelashes on without poking my eyes out!!!!  Life is great!

Sundays for me are all about me time.  I made a vow ages ago that Sundays would be sacrosanct and that it is time for me to do things  that I actually like doing!  So I took a hot bath, put a face mask and hair mask on and had a glass of prosecco and watched Netflix in the bath for a half an hour.  That is me time and I love it!!! 

This morning though I started my day differently.  I was in the kitchen cooking and I was looking in the cupboards and it just looked dire!!  So after my breakfast, I started making my lunches for the week by using my new slow cooker....God I'm getting old...and then I decided to do something about the clutter in the kitchen.

When I moved into this apartment, it was advertised as "Fully Furnished" but I didn't realise how "Fully Furnished" it was!!!  I have a load of dishes, glasses, tupperware plus loads of stuff that is in the hallway cupboard like 2 ironing boards, 3 mops and 2 vacuum cleaners.  Great

So I decided to sort the kitchen out.  I scrubbed and reorganised each cupboard.  All he extraneous stuff that I don't use, I put in a bag and put it in the spare room (That is going to be fun to clean out!!!)  Now my kitchen is clean and fab!!!  I looked around my apartment and realised that I need to do this in every room.  I am ok with that but one aspect is making me a bit anxious....my clothes and shoes

As you all know, I am a lover of shoes.  But the other day I was looking through my shoes and I thought....damn....I have a shit ton of shoes!!  Like a lot of shoes.  Like 2 wardrobes, a stand free shoe rack and 2 suitcases full!!!  I am moving again in April and it might be a good idea for me to let go?

For example.  Exhibit A:  The cute sparkly sandals I wore for when I was a bridesmaid for a wedding.  Cute?  Yes.  Pretty?  Yes.  Dainty? Yes.  Wearing.....TORTURE!!!

I mean, I think that there is still my blood on the ankle straps and the strap over the toes!!  They are gorgeous but fuck me!!  They cripple you!  Plus all the skin that they tore off my heels and toes!!  I think that if the government needs to get info out of people, just make them where these dainty little numbers and dance and within 30 seconds you will have all you need to know and more!!

I would eBay them (after disinfecting them obviously!) but they will get sent straight back for crippling the poor person that bought them.  Maybe I should let go? 


Do I need 7 pairs of black stilettos?  These are things that I need to consider.  In 3 months I'll have to move all these shoes.....again. 

Plus if I get rid of a few pairs, it's making way for more cute new shoes, right?  Right?  I don't know.  It just gives me anxiety. At work I can't wear stilettos.  I am constantly running back and forth across the road to the warehouse and doing that in 5 inch stilettos sucks.  So I have quite a collection of Converse and boots, which is ok!!! 

Yesterday when I got my nails done, I wore my nude patent peep toes and I loved it!!!  I forgot how much fun wearing stilettos is!  I felt like my old self, which is great!!  So on the weekends when I go out I need to wear my stilettos more.

I won't get rid of all of my stilettos just the ones that I don't see myself wearing.  It will be difficult but worth it I think.

A wise person said, when you get rid of old things, you are making way for new things. And I like that.  2020 is already showing promise of being an awesome year.  So I think that this year I will be gaining new experiences, new friends, a new relationship (I hope....yes, I need to get rid of Mr Wonderful) and a new home!!!  I am genuinely excited!!!

But for the time being, I am going to enjoy another glass of prosecco, enjoy the smell of the chili that I prepped in the slow cooker and enjoy watching the football.....while wearing my black Ted Baker Stilettos, of course!!

Until Next time Ragers and Ragettes, Keep your heels and head high and your heels even higher.

Lots of love

The Fabulous Betty Rage



Until next





1 comment:

  1. Well Darlin'... sounds like your 2020 is heading in the perfect direction. You are dusting the cobwebs and giving everything a spit and polish!!! One day at a time- one room at a time.
    We should all do the same!!

    Justine Case xx

    ReplyDelete