Wednesday 4 March 2015

On a Draining Weekend

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!!  It’s Monday a cold, windy, miserable day.  So I am rocking a monochrome striped sweater dress, black leggings, my black ballet flats (we have a new starter and I have been running back and forth helping) and a monochrome head scarf.  My short hair poofed up behind it.  It’s a good look! 

I am sorry that it has taken me ages to write this up.  I have been seething over this past weekend and I am finally ready to release.

I met up with Rita on Saturdaty to go into Manchester to see my card reader.  My card reader is someone that I trust implicitly.  She is very sweet, genuine and lovely.  I have a lot of time for her as she is honest with me.  Rita wanted some clarity so I got her an appointment.

Anyway, the day started out with me and Simon rushing around.   We did our food shopping.  I then got back and rushed to get ready.   Rita texted me and asked where I was going to meet her.  I asked if she could meet me at Piccadilly station.  She texted back and that she didn’t know where that was.  So I ended up compromising and I decided to meet her at Manchester Oxford Road.  I don’t know that area too well either. 

I drove to the train station and parked up, got my ticket and made my way into Manchester.  I got off at Oxford Road and had the job of trying to find her.

I found her in McDonald’s....with her 4 year old son.

Now, I don’t have an issue with children, Ragers and Ragettes.  But bringing your 4 year old son for a girlie day?  Ermmmm.......yeah.

So we caught a cab to where my card reader was.  She went in first, leaving me with the child.  That was awkward.  I sat with him trying to keep him occupied by playing eye-spy or 20 questions.  I pretended to be the tickle monster.  He shrieked with joy!

Finally Rita finished and I had my reading.  I do not disclose my readings, they are private. 

After the readings I wanted a tattoo.  So I booked in for a small tattoo at 2pm.  We had some time to spare so we went on the big wheel overlooking Manchester.

The whole time, in front of her child who is 4 and is able to speak, she decided to talk non-stop about the situation with Jeff, the man that she is cheating on her boyfriend (and the child’s father) with.    She was openly speaking to him all the while the child was screaming, Mummy!!!!  Mummy!!!  She would say, shush and continue chatting about Jeff. 

I was shocked.  From the time that we got out of the card reader’s to the time that I got my tattoo (I opted for a little heart on my ring finger, it hurt like a bitch but the results, especially with my long nails, looks amazing!!) all I heard was Jeff, this and Jeff that.  She passed her phone to me as the messages came in, what does that mean?

It means that he was just using you for sex and that he wants to be with his girlfriend.  Not you.  It means that you don’t need to cheat.  If you are unhappy.  Leave!!!!! 

I will admit.  In the past, I have cheated in the past and it came to bite me in the ass royally....several times.   It simply isn’t worth it. 

As we walked to Debenhams, she was still going on about it.  I just smiled and kept quiet....not because I was ok with what she was doing but because the child was there.  I didn’t want him to process the thought that his mummy was a slag. 

I ended up with a gorgeous new Carvela Oversized handbag and a new shade of lippy.

I found a cult brand, Too Faced, and I have wanted to try their products for ages.  Debenhams were having a sale so I chose a new lippy.  They are called Melted Lipstick so they are not a lip stick but they are not a lip gloss either.  Kind of in between.  The shade I chose was called Melted Candy.  It is different to my normal red/ruby shade of lippy that I go for.  It is a bright pink colour. I figured that I need to try new things.  Plus we are all going out on Friday for work and I am going to debut my Melted Candy lips.  I have even painted my toes bright pink.  Let’s see how it goes!!!

Anywho, we went to my favourite wine bar (The Hanging Ditch) and she kept rabbiting on about Jeff.  Pushing her phone in my face asking what does this mean????  Her child was sitting with us the whole time!!!!  Kids are not stupid!!!!!

It was time to say goodbye.  I got to the train station and she went to get her car.

I sat on the platform thinking about the day.  Rita when I first met her was lovely and sweet.   She is stunningly beautiful.  She is funny, the right mixture of tomboyishness and girlieness that I like.  (That I think that I am).  She was thoughtful, sweet, kind, and when I lost my job 2 years ago, she was my rock.  She visited me, took me out and genuinely cared for me. 

Now I have seen a side to her that is not pleasant.   She is destroying her life.  Not, only that, she is fucking up her child’s life.  That’s not fair.  I thought this over as I lit a cigarette.  What caused this change?  Why has Rita become this woman?

My train pulled in and I got up and got on the train.  As the doors closed I realised that I left my shopping bag on the train platform.  The train pulled away.  Noooooooooooooooooooooo!   I mentally screamed.

In that bag was my gorgeous Carvela Bag, my new lippy, some hair products (for my new do) and embarrassingly enough, constipation medication.  Yes, I felt like an ass. 

I googled Oxford road train station and managed to get through to an gentleman who said that he found the bag and would put it on the next train down.  I need to call him at 4:45 and it would go on the 4:58 train. 

I called Simon and explained what happened.  He laughed and said that I should stay near the train station.  So I went into the dodgy pub next to the train station.  I got a glass of wine and waited.  The battery on my phone was dying.  Not even the site of 22 big thighed men on the TV (Rugby) could calm me down (and trust me, there is nothing that I love more than rugby men!).  At 4:45 I called back.  The Guy at the station said that he couldn’t promise me that it would happen.  He took my number and said that he would call back.  I felt like I had been punched in the stomach.  I wanted my cute handbag, I wanted to wear the lippy for Friday....crap!  The constipation medicine!!!  I felt like an idiot. 

A minute later I got a phone call.  It was the guy I spoke to.  He said that he handed the bag to his colleague who handed it to the conductor and it would be on the next rain back.  I almost jumped up and did a happy dance.   I had to wait another half hour though. 

When it was time, the train pulled in and I saw the conductor get off. 

Do you have a bag for me?  I asked sheepishly.

What is your name, he asked.

Betty Rage, Sir, I replied.

He smiled and said, why I think I do.

He handed my bag over.  I smiled and walked back to my car in the rain.  I got into my car and checked my bag.  Yup!  Everything was accounted for.

I smiled and drove off.  But my smile was short lived.  I couldn’t stop thinking about Rita and her situation.

I knew that she was a dumbass for cheating but seeing that the real loser in all this, her child, made me feel angry.  That little kid hears, sees, and feels the same anxiety that his mum does.  He isn’t stupid.  He is going to talk to his daddy one day about this.  About how he met Uncle Jeff and played football with him and how he likes Uncle Jeff.  What will happen to that little boy then?

I also feel drained after seeing her.  The bad thing is that she is coming on our work’s night out because the lads at work love her.  They see the side that I love.  The happy go lucky side.  They don’t see the part that I have been seeing. 

So Ragers and Ragettes, I sit here my head a mess.  Do I even need this sort of person in my life? 

There is a famous saying that goes, Everyone has baggage.  I need someone to help me unload mine instead of adding to it.

So I think that I am going to stay far away.  Be polite but I am not investing anymore time in this.  On Friday?  I will tell her that it is a strictly no Jeff Zone.  Just go out and have fun.  She will be too busy flirting with the lads anyway.

So there you go.  We will get through it!

Until next time, Ragers and Ragettes, keep your head and standards high and your heels even higher!!

Lots of love


The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxx

1 comment:

  1. I have had experiences like this, Betty....It's amazing how much more energized and calm and content ...settled ...you feel after walking away from these toxic relationships.

    xxx Elena

    ReplyDelete