Monday 9 March 2015

On Betty Rage....the Model????

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!!  It’s Monday morning and I am trying to keep positive by wearing my favourite red, white and blue vintage dress with pussy bow collar and black belt teamed with simple black patent leather peep toes and my signature red lippy.

I am also teaming it with a very good hair cut!!  Yes, the hairdresser rectified his cutting mistake last Thursday and has given me finally the pixie crop that I wanted.  He added a sweeping fringe.  I am pleased with my hair...almost. 

But then he dropped a bombshell on me.  He looked at me and said, Betty, have you ever done any modelling before?

I said, no I haven’t.  My Mama used to model though.

He studied me and said, you know you have quite a distinct and edgy look.  This cut really suits you.  What are you doing next Sunday?

I don’t think that I am doing anything, I responded.

He then said, how would you feel about being my hair model for the competition in Blackpool next weekend?

I looked at him.  Me?  I asked.

Yes you, he said and smiled. 

Of course I would!, I said without hesitation.

Me?  Betty Rage a model?  I mean I am not a skinny size 0, I have fine, thin hair and ham arms.   I was shocked but very excited!!! 

So he gave me the details of the website and I looked at what part of the competition I would be in.  It is the Blackpool Hairdressing Competition 2015.  I’m under the Ladies Colour part of the competition.  We decided that the theme for me will be Black and Red. 

I have lined up a friend of mine to do my makeup.   And my outfit is going to be my black jumpsuit with a red waist cinching belt, my red and black Iron Fist skull printed peep toe stilettos, simple red earrings and my ring that is in the shape of red lips teamed with a red lips shaped clutch bag.  Fabulous!!!!

My hairdresser has won this competition last year so there is some pressure.

I have to go to him on Friday evening for him to do my hair colour.  I am not to wash my hair at all until Sunday. 

He needs to cut my hair at the actual competition so on Sunday my hair will be finished. 

So this week, I will be drinking a lot of water, eating super healthy to make sure that I look hot for this competition.  IT will hopefully give me the chance to get rid of the big zit on my chest.  (Please goooooo!!!)

I have been off the booze for the month of March and I think that has helped.  My tummy isn’t as bloated as it was before.  And I have been pushing it at the gym more.  I plan on strutting and owning that runway!!!!

I know that when I go there, there will be skinny bitches with gorgeous long locks and that I will get instant hair and body envy.  But my hairdresser picked me.  He picked me for my distinct look and for my hair.  I need to go with it.

The world is changing.  They put photos of plus sized model Ashley Graham in Vogue.  Skinny bitch isn’t attractive anymore. 

So when I go to Blackpool, and strut down the catwalk, I will do so with pride.  Pride in my body shape, pride in my fabulous hair but I will be flying the flag for us normal girls. 

For one day, Betty Rage will be a model!!!!

Until next time, Ragers and Ragettes, keep your head and standards high and your heels even higher!

Lots of love


The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxx

1 comment: