Wednesday 28 January 2015

On Weekend Break Dilemmas

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!!!!  It’s a cool, rainy, blustery day here in St Helens.  The sky is grey and yucky.  I would personally rather be in bed now, under my duvet watching a foreign language film (preferably Danish!) sipping on peppermint tea.    But I am in the office today.

So I am rocking a long sleeved red t-shirt styled maxi dress, a black waist cinching belt, my black knee high 5 inch stiletto boots accessorized with the diamante skull earrings that the gorgeous Suzanne bought for me.  Fabulous indeed!!!

So we are on Wednesday and that means that I have 2 more days until I am going to Amsterdam.  I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!!!  But there is a massive dilemma....yes, a huge dilemma.

You see, Ragers and Ragettes, when a girl like me goes on a mini break, the most important decision to make is what clothes I need to bring.  I leave on Friday evening and come back Sunday night.  So how many outfits and what outfits do I take with me?

These are the contenders for each day:  

Outfit number 1:  The outfit that I am wearing on the airplane. I am stuck between 3.  The first outfit is a jumper dress, leggings and flats.  Practical, comfortable and cute.  Outfit number 2.  Black jumpsuit, peplum jacket, gold belt with leopard print stilettos (roll up pumps in bag).  This is chic, sexy, with the option of doing a shoe swap when walking.  I am then ready to go out when we get there.  Outfit number 3:  Skinny jeans, burgundy vest top, cream blazer, stilettos (roll up pumps in bag for long walks) and blingy accessories (accessories make the outfit!!!!!!!!).  This is my favourite outfit of all time.  Chic but is it airport practical?

Saturday Outfit:  I will need an outfit for the day.  My plan for Amsterdam is to actually go shopping.  Amsterdam has some gorgeous vintage shops that I want to visit.  The lads want to go and get shit faced in the coffee shops/pot bars.  To me, not so much.    So to go shopping in a trendy European city, I need to look the part.  So maybe skinny jeans, black flats, my pink sparkly tank top, black peplum jacket.  And then in the evening, skinny jeans, leopard print heels, my cobalt blue cami and cream jacket with gold jewellery. 

Sunday outfit:  I’m thinking my favourite monochrome jumper dress with black leggings and black flats.  Chilled and ready for the flight?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!  This is so hard to judge!!!  I honestly have no clue what to wear!!!  I am actually more stressed about this choice than most things right now!!!!  I mean, when you go to a place like Amsterdam, you need to get it right!!!!!

Amsterdam is a very chic and very trendy city (outside the pot smoking and prostitutes it actually is!!) and I know that in regards to food, it will be good for me as there are plenty of healthy restaurants.

Also this is trip is a biggish deal for myself and Simon.  Simon and I have been together now for 10 months.  People keep saying when is he going to propose and such.  We have talked about marriage in the past.   It’s something that we both want but the timing needs to be right.

So, whenever there is a big occasion or something like this weekend in Amsterdam pops up, I am on edge.  Will he propose? 

Because, Ragers and Ragettes, I don’t know how I feel about this now.   I love Simon, I really do but with how everything has happened so quickly, I feel like we haven’t had a proper courtship.  Also I have been getting bogged down with the whole living together thing.

As you know, I am an independent woman.  I had my own little place in Manchester.  My own home, my own life.  I wanted a boyfriend to share my life with.   To laugh, love, share stories, enjoy our lives and then get married and go on and live happily ever after.

Yes, I am getting this with Simon.  It’s a case of I got what I want.  Now what?  It’s scary getting what you want sometimes.  I don’t look at other men or imagine that I am with my Mr. Grey, a billionaire that loves to spank me and beat the shit out of me during sex.....I would rather do the spanking, thank you very much. 

My Betty Rage gut instinct is asking me, is this it?  Is this all?  Am I even happy?   I won’t lie, I do miss aspects of my old life in Manchester.  Living in the big city, doing what I want to do.  Not having to justify myself to anyone.  I can cook what I want and only clean up after one person.  Do laundry for only one person. Not have to worry about someone snoring and keeping me awake at night.

But the cuddles, the kisses, the sex, the compliments, the stability.  It’s a brilliant thing to have.  It’s what I have yearned for. 

I am feeling a bit jaded now about the whole thing.  I think I have a great base for my life it’s up to me now to get the second base....feeling successful in my own right.

Simon tells me that his business will be our business.  That’s lovely and nice but Betty Rage doesn’t accept that.  I don’t want to piggy back onto someone else’s success.  I want to make my own success and that is what I think that my task for 2015 will be about. 

So when I finally figure out my wardrobe for Amsterdam and I am in the beautiful city, I have a lot of thinking to do!

But until then, I need to get packing!!!!

So as always, Ragers and Ragettes, please keep your heads and standards high and your heels even higher!


Lots of Love

The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment