Wednesday 7 January 2015

On the Importance of Matching Lingerie and a Contentious Handbag

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!  It’s a cold, rainy blah day here in St Helens.  Brrrrrrrrrr!!!  So have taken the fashionable precautions of rocking a black and white jumper dress with black leggings and black ballet pumps.  I am rocking a black rose in my hair and my pillar box red lipstick.  Fabulous!!!!

I am also rocking my new watch that I bought for myself.  It’s a rose gold D&G big blingy watch.  It is typically Betty Rage blingtastic piece.  I bought it because the last 2 years have been hell for me.  I survived and last year I started to break through and find happiness as you know.  Yes, this time last year I was in a different place.

But this past week I started to notice a change in me.  I made a New Years Resolution to take care of myself and my body and mind.  I have been doing that. 

Yes, the little things matter.  On Saturday, I went to get my nails done (I chose a gorgeous shade of purple for my nails....I know it’s not red!!!!  I want to try different colours and try new things) and I opted for a Dermalogica Facial.  I haven’t had a facial for ages and it felt amazing.  I almost fell asleep!!  I had a skin assessment done and bought some Dermalogica products.  I have been using the products since Sunday and it feels great!  My skin is looking very good.

I also started using the expensive body wash pampering kit that I received at Christmas from Simon’s Mother.  I have used the body scrub, body wash, body lotion, hand cream and body butter.  It’s made me feel like a silky goddess and Simon has even noticed the difference in my skin tone.

I have kept my little room clean and tidy and I feel like I am in control.

Every day I have been putting my make up on and doing my hair nicely.  I even bought a new makeup organiser.  I have been in good form!

But the one thing that has made all the difference....I bought matching lingerie sets back home and I have been wearing a different set each day.  I feel so sexy!!!  Like today, I decided to put on a lacy neon pink bra with a matching lacy pink thong.  Simon saw it and let’s just say he approved!!!  You don’t realise how this subtle thing makes all the difference.

I feel strong, sexy, like a goddess.

I am standing a little taller, strutting a little more.  Feeling like nothing can bring me down.  It’s like the matching lingerie has replaced my red lippy as my armour to go into battle.   I feel unstoppable in my matching bra and panties!!!

I think that every woman should have at least one matching lingerie set.  Break it out for job interviews, first dates, any day that you wake up and feel like shit.  It’s an instant mood lifter!!!

The other thing on my mind, as per the title, is the contentious handbag. What is the contentious handbag, you ask?

Well, when I was back home, my dear sweet Simon decided to have a manly bonding day with my Brother-In-Law and his friends.

When he was out doing man things, aka going to man shops (Bass Pro, Field and Stream, etc) and eating man things (White Castle and other artery clogging foods) he decided to buy me a new handbag as my bag that I was using broke.

The bag that he bought is well.....interesting.  It was purchased at an outdoors shop that has guns, knives and crossbows.   It’s Real Tree Fabric and with a outdoorsy mossy camoflougy print.  It has a brown studded handle and a brown rhinestone studded cross on the front.

Now, this handbag shocked me.  The fact that Simon bought it.  Was it a piss take?  Or did he sincerely think I would like this?  I still don’t know this.

Anyway, I treated it like you would treat a cat that gives you a dead mouse.  Oh that’s so nice!!!!  That’s how I was at first. 

The handbag is growing on me though.  It kind of resembles a True Religion handbag that can retail anywhere from £100-£200.

The thing is that I have received a lot of compliments from women on this handbag.  It is a quirky handbag, I have to admit.

So I am warming to it...slowly....and it was nice of Simon to think of me.  So I suppose I will keep it and wear it....

But that didn’t stop me from buying a new handbag!!!  (It was in the sales for £20 and it is blue patent leather with a kitsch bow on it!!)

So there you go.  That’s pretty much what has been gong down in the strange world of Betty Rage.

Until next time Ragers and Ragettes, keep your head and standards high and your heels even higher!

Lots of Love


The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. You lead such a Unique and Interesting life, Betty!!! You make your own Rules and walk your own Path!! Not many people can say that- you should be so Proud to be able to say you are- the ONE- The ONLY- FABULOUS Betty RAGE!!!!!
    Much Love and Respect to my Fellow Goddess.
    Elena xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Elena! I try to be true to myself and not let anyone tell me different. Building my confidence back.

    Love you, Elena!!!

    The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxx

    ReplyDelete