Wednesday 4 February 2015

On How Not to Treat a Man

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!!!  It’s a cool Wednesday and I am coming down with a bug I think.  Cotton wool head?  Check.  Sore throat?  Check.  A cough that sounds like I am going to bring up a vital organ?  Check.  Simon’s treatment for this bug?  Honking my tits.  Nice.  So I am rocking my boot cut jeans, a white blouse, my black peplum jacket and my black stilettos.

As you all know, I went to Amsterdam.  It was a lovely trip (no shopping done but I made up for it by purchasing a gorgeous vintage dress o line which was delivered yesterday.  It is gorgeous!!!!).  I love Amsterdam, honestly, Ragers and Ragettes, go and visit it.  It’s worth it!!!

During this trip, I saw Simon’s true self.  It was lovely.  He was so attentive, loving, caring.  He kept his arm around me as we walked around; he adventurously made love me in our room even though there were 7 people in the living room of the apartment we stayed in.  He was considerate and so sweet.  Sigh.  I think, if it is possible, that I fell in love with him even more.

I did partake in the old pot smoking, I must admit.  On the Saturday I found myself in a lovely high cloud and I ended up messaging Suzanne telling her how much I love her (Come on, it’s Suzanne.  How can you not love her????) . Good times!

But I learned a valuable lesson. 

9 people went on this trip:  Me, Simon, Keith, Errol, Errol’s girlfriend Belinda, Paddy, Rita, Paddy’s brother Hugo and Billy (our other worker).

It was Belinda and Billy’s first time out of the country and they were both excited.  But that is where the similarities ended.

Errol is the loveliest guy that you will ever meet.  He is sweet, kind, thoughtful, softly spoken, but he doesn’t have a lot of confidence.  Errol’s girlfriend, Belinda, we all found out is...well...a total brat.

Belinda comes in on Monday and Tuesday and helps out.  She has had a terrible life and she currently lives with Errol.  How she came to live with Errol is....ermmm...interesting.  Basically one night she came over and stayed the night with Errol and never went home.  She doesn’t work.  She got pregnant when she was 15 and the baby was taken away from her.  We are not clear if the baby has been adopted or if it is in care as she does go and see the child at a contact centre.  (She talks about the “adoptive parents”) She isn’t intelligent as I asked her to do some filing under the supplier name but she filed everything under the name of our company. 

We never really spent much time with her but over the weekend we saw her true colours and let’s just say that they are not very pretty.

It all started out on the Friday afternoon before we left for Amsterdam.  Errol was going to pick her up to help finish with the work in the warehouse so we could get out quickly.  A half an hour passed.  Then an hour.  Errol texted Billy to say that Belinda said that she ran out of the contraceptive pill and needed to go to the doctor to get it again, even though she said that she had everything sorted.  So she demanded that Errol drive her to the doctor, then the chemist to get the prescription filled.   Surely she had a repeat prescription?  She didn’t work or do anything on Wednesday or Thursday?  Why did she leave it so late?

Then when we got to Amsterdam and after having a few smokes out in town we got back to the apartment.  She started to demand that Errol go out in the middle of the night and bring her food.  She said she wouldn’t go because she was in her onesie (which was really white trashy looking).   She then started to smoke other people’s pot and cigarettes without asking if it was ok.

The next morning, Rita, me, Paddy and Simon went out for breakfast.  When we came back, we found that Belinda tore the kitchen apart trying to find food and found a bag of boil in the bag rice.  She then decided to open the bag of boil in the bag rice and put hot water from the kettle over it to cook it.   Smart.

When we put our bags of shopping down, she grabbed my shopping bag and went through it grabbing a bag of Doritos I bought.  She didn’t ask; she just grabbed. 

We decided to walk to the red light district and the whole time she complained to Errol.  It’s too long.  I don’t want to walk.  This is stupid.  Fucking hell.  Are you a 5 year old?  You are in one of the most beautiful cities in the whole world and you are bitching and moaning.

She didn’t pay for a single thing when we were there.  Errol paid for it all.  She didn’t have a nice thing to say, she bitched and whined and threw strops when she didn’t get her way.

On the Sunday, she demanded that Errol to go out and buy her pasta (who eats pasta at 10am?  I’m half Italian and I don’t even demand that!!!) and then she whined because we didn’t want to go to Madame Tussauds.  We decided to split up as I think the rest of us were irritated by her. 

Now Ragers and Ragettes, I know that men get a lot of shit.  Us women always talk about how men have done us wrong.  And how they are bastards.  But there are some really decent and good men, like Errol. 

What Belinda is doing is being a total douche.  I know that she had some bad experiences in the past and she is probably thinking I will never been hurt again but by hen pecking, bitching, whinging and being a total brat will push a good man (or any man) away.

On Monday, Errol said that if she doesn’t get a proper job she will be going back to live with her mum as he cannot afford to support her anymore.  My heart goes out to him.  He is dating a total bitch.

Yes, us women should be treated as goddesses but in turn we must treat our partners with love, dignity and respect.  You get back what you put out.  And acting like a trailer trash bitch will get you nowhere.  Trust me.

This experience has made me a better girlfriend, I think.  I would dread to think that I was demanding and such a bitch to Simon. 

We are thinking of setting up a “Free Errol” Campaign.  We joke about it, but in all honesty what kind of girl would behave like that?

I’ll tell you.  That sort of girl, has little confidence, has most likely been hurt before.  She wouldn’t cheat because she knows that she has it so good but would flaunt herself to show the man that she is all that and that she can have any man she wants.  She is the sort of girl who would religiously check her man’s phone, who would want to be with her man 24/7 and if anyone jokes with her man, she butts in and has her say. 

That is Belinda to a T. 

So we are in a bit of a bind.  We all like to socialize but now that Belinda has come out with us and gone away with us, is she part of the group.  So we usually go out for a few beers on the first Friday of every month but we are reluctant to do this now because she will come along.

So what do we do?

Sigh.  I’m knackered so I am going to pretend to be awake at work and take another Lem-Sip.  I hope that gets rid of this bug.  Or I might try Simon’s boob honking technique....hmmmmm.....

Until next time, Ragers and Ragettes.  Keep your head and standards high and your heels even higher!

Lots of Love


The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxx

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm.... well, if she never displayed this type behavior before- maybe it was just too much of a change for her. Some people dont react well to big changes. I for one- would be extremely uneasy in a place like the Dam if I had been hurt by a man before- too many variables- the red light district- the pot scene- the drinking- all combined makes for a very nervous situation in a damaged persons view. ...I dont care HOW wonderful the guy she is with now is. I have th most wonderful guy in the world- but as I said- I wouldnt be at ALL comfortable in that situation. Give her another chance- go out for your First Friday Drinks and see how she acts back in the normal surroundings. If she acts up again- then for sure- you might want to rethink your drinks plan. See- that's one of the main reasons employers dont want to employ partners into the same company. And how is it going to work when/if they break up? I feel for you all. I know the feeling- there's been one person in my company that has been hampering the outtings....no one wants to be rude by not inviting this person- but no one wants to go when they are out with us because it's VERY uncomfortable with them there...Such a drama Queen....well, Drama Princess- and that's not saying the person is a girl either.....maybe- but maybe not. :)
    Oh- and BTW- I thought the drunken high Text was sweet- it made me giggle and I love you too, Bezzie. :D
    xx Suzanne oo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzanne!!!! I see that side of it. I think you are right. We'll go out for Forced Fun Friday and see how that goes. If she is still acting up then no!!! It just surprised me, that's all.

      I do love you Suzanne!!!!! xxxx

      Delete