Thursday 30 October 2014

On a Little Positivity Please??

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!  It’s a cool fall day in Merseyside.  I wish I was in bed snuggled into my duvet and watching Netflix (I found a new Danish/Swedish show that I need to watch!  You know how I feel about Danish men...yummy!!!) but I am in work today!

I am rocking a raspberry coloured top, skinny jeans and my knee high brown stiletto boots.  Those things are so comfy!!!!  they have a lovely leopard print extra soft lining inside so my toes are nice and warm.  Best boots ever!!!!

Well, recently through the wonders of social media I got back in touch with a girl that I used go to school with.  I didn’t really hang around her much and I only saw her in passing.  She was one of the popular crew that girls like me could never hang out with.  She was also the sort of girl the rumours always followed her (most of them untrue)

Anyway, when she friend requested me, it took me ages to accept.  I thought why should I be friends with a girl who I didn’t know?  But something told me to accept it.  So I did.

A week or so after I accepted her request she messaged me asking what was going on and how awesome it was that I was living where I was.

I was shocked that she even knew me!  So we started talking.  She has an 8 year old daughter who is beautiful (just like her), she is still tall and slender with a lovely smile and an even lovelier attitude.  I would normally hate a person like this.

But I can’t and I don’t.

This girl is one of the most positive people I have ever met.  Most of the time when I meet an overly positive person I want to instinctively punch them in the throat.   Most of the time, those overly peppy and positive people are usually the saddest people in the world.  (I know, I used to be one of them!)  But she radiates such a positive,natural, happy vibe!  It’s scary!  I know her kind words are true and heartfelt. 

Getting back in touch with her had made me look long and hard at myself as a person.  We are so quick to complain about our troubles.  We would rather bitch and moan about our troubles and bask in our misery than wake up, thank God that you are able to get up and greet the new day with wonder and happiness.

We laugh at the troubles of “celebrities” and gladly gossip around the water cooler about our colleague’s troubles, not out of concern or worry but out of gossip sakes.

Luckily I am not in that environment anymore.

But I have been feeling a bit down recently but speaking with my old school friend has given me something to think about.

I used to write my blessings down every day. All the little and good things that happened to me during the course of the day.  Things like, "I give thanks that I didn't tuck my skirt into my knickers again" (true story!) or I am grateful that I didn't get stuck in traffic on the way home.  Those little blessings that come our way each day.  I stopped doing that because I didn’t “have time”.  I am a believer that if something or someone is important to you, you will find time at all costs to spend on them/it.

I stopped writing my blessings awhile ago because I thought that I had it all sussed out.  I thought that I had the key to all happiness since I had Simon, my apartment, my guinea pigs, my friends.  Thinking of it, I have seen a massive difference since I stopped writing my blessings.  My life seems less fulfilled.  I feel down most days.  Exhausted, sad, and a feeling and sensation of being lost and alone in a crowd.

So I have brought my notebook in with me and I am going to sneak in when I can to write my blessings down.  It’s my little secret and I hope that will kick start my life back to where it should be and where I know it should be.  Being happy, healthy with a sense of purpose, laughing and enjoying each day without fear.  I know that it is there for me to take but it will take time and understanding to get back to being on top of my game.  I think that it is a case of I have (almost) everything I want and it's the fear factor of being happy and satisfied.  That's a battle I need to get through and I will by keeping people like my old school colleague in my life.

So Ragers and Ragettes, when you wake up, look out the window.  See the sky and the beautiful colours in the morning.  Smell the fresh autumn air.  Enjoy the day.  When you start to open your heart and your mind to the lovely things that are around you, lovely things start happening to you.

So until next time, Ragers and Ragettes, keep your head and standards high and your heels even higher!

Lots of love


The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment