Monday 27 October 2014

On A Betty Rage Birthday

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!  Well, today is my birthday.  Yes, I am approaching 35 but it’s all good.  So today I have decided to rock my black jumpsuit that I have paired with a red skinny belt, black peplum jacket, my red and black skull printed Iron Fist Shoes, my red earring, red Lulu Guinness Lip shaped ring and a new and gorgeous red lippy that I have discovered!  Fabulous!!

The birthday celebrations started on Saturday.  Simon took me out to Liverpool.  I rocked a black bodycon dress that had a beautiful purple floral pattern on it.  Suzanne (who always gets it right) put the purple idea in my head.  She said that with purple you need to be careful because it can age you.  I never really wear much purple but Suzanne also pointed out that with my gorgeous red hair I can go for jewel tones so my vows for this year of my life, try other colours besides my iconic red.

Simon’s father drove us to Liverpool and his mum was sitting next to me.  She had a few drinks before obviously.  She was pawing me and slurring, oh Betty you look amazing!  Simon apologised to me when we exited the car.  We had a lovely meal at the prestigious Blue Bar and went to the Comedy Club.  We got fabulous seats (right next to the stage) and the comedian who was introducing the acts picked on Simon.  He told Simon that I was a beautiful woman and that he needed to propose to me.  We had a laugh about it.

We were sitting next to 2 girls and it turned out that they were a couple.  And the girl sitting next to me proposed to her girlfriend.  The comedy club gave the girls a bottle of champagne to celebrate.

After the comedy show, Simon and I started talking to the couple and we ended up chatting and sharing the bottle of champagne.  We had a laugh and soon before you know it we were stumbling back to their hotel to make sure that they got there ok.  As soon as we got into their hotel, there were a group of drunk and rowdy Dutch football fans. We stayed near them at all times and did our best to keep them safe.  He got them back to their room and at this point I just wanted to go home.  Simon checked his watch, 3:30am!!!!

We said our goodbyes and got a cab home.

I didn’t sleep the best and didn’t feel the best the next day!!! 

Then we met Simon’s parents for lunch.  I rocked a pair of bootcut jeans, a sparkly halter neck, cowboy boots and a black blazer. 

When we got to the pub his parents were there and a saw an empty wine bottle and a halfway drunk one.  Simon rolled his eyes.  We sat down and his mum presented me with a bag with a card.  I opened the bag and inside was a little box.  I opened the box and inside was a gorgeous necklace.  The pendant was shaped like a heart and inside were real flowers.  It has a delicate silver chain.  Then I opened the other parcel and inside was a butterfly with diamantes on it.  It was a little tray to put jewellery on.  They were lovely gifts.  I hugged both of Simon’s parents.

We ordered food and it took ages for it to come. But it was a lovely afternoon.

This morning I got up and Simon presented me with a present that I already knew that I was going to get.  I wanted a nice comfy lounging chair so when I read a book or watch Netflix I will be comfy so he bought me a massive red beanbag chair!  It was a lovely present and it’s so comfy!!!! 

Simon told me to dress up nicely and not bother preparing dinner tonight so hence my outfit today.  when I got to work, Errol presented me a bottle of wine and the lads wrote me a birthday card.  So here I am feeling blessed that I have good friends and good people around me. 

Plus I received a dress today that I bought for myself for a birthday present.  I am having another birthday celebration on November 7th and I bought a little red dress that is smoking hot!!!  Honestly, it’s stunning!!!!  I can’t wait to wear it.  But I am going to be hitting the gym and eating perfectly to ensure that my curves look great in this dress. 

So, yes, my birthday has been good.  Growing older is scary though.  The grey hairs are the worst (I bought a fabulous product, Crazy Colours, to top my hair colour up and my hair is vibrant has hell!!  It’s fabulous!!!) .  I am lucky because I have good skin and there aren’t any lines around my eyes.  I look ok for my age. 

I am ok with growing older, it’s just that some thoughts go through my head.

The past year has been trying and hard, but I have somehow got through it all without breaking nail!  I always make promises to myself about what I want for the next year of my life.  I want to continue with my healthy eating, I want to be nicer to myself.  I want to take care of myself a lot better.  These are things that I have said before but each day with stresses from work and life, taking care of your body and mind gets put on the back burner.  It’s a sad thing.   

So here I am ready to go waiting for Simon to finish and let’s see what he has in store for me tonight.

Until next time Ragers and Ragettes, keep your heads and standards high and your heels higher!

Lots of Love


The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment