Sunday 23 February 2020

On a New Home and New Lease of Life

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!

Happy Sunday to you!!  It's bright and sunny and not too cold outside which is fab!  I have had a lovely relaxing Sunday:  hot bath, cleaned my makeup brushes, my stuff for the week is ready, and my breakfast for the week is cooking away.  I think that this feeling is called satisfaction

Well, as you know, this past week has been a bit odd.  On Monday night I broke up with Mr Wonderful and lost a great place to live

But the week picked up.  I continued to search for places to live

I was chatting to the girls in the office about my move and one of the girl piped up and said, why don't you try where I live?

The town she lives I knew quite well a long time ago. 

10 years ago I dated a guy from that place.  He lived in a gorgeous village right next to it.  I remember walking from the tram stop to his and thinking what a fucking shithole.

I started looking online for flats.  My God!  That town has changed!!! 

The flats were very reasonably priced and it looks like the town has picked up.

So I scheduled a viewing for a place just on the canal.  I put in to view another that was right centre of the town

On Wednesday, as I was pulling up to the flat, I received a call about one of the flats that I wanted to view.  I said I was in the area, and I would view it after I was viewing this one.

I looked around and it was an impressive modern building....around it?  Fuck all.  Just houses that were derelict.  No cafes, no restaurants....not even a corner shop.

The real estate agent pulled up.  It was raining and I went to her car and introduced herself. She was taking her time getting out of her car while I stood there getting drenched. 

We walked into the complex and it was impressive.  So modern.

We chatted and we got to the door.  She opened it up and we looked around. 

It was a modern flat.  The living room was small and so was the kitchen.  It had 2 bedrooms.  I was asking her about it and she was very nonchalant.  She said you probably won't get it because there is a lot of interest...I was like.....right....

I walked out frustrated and feeling a bit down

I made my way to my next viewing.  I found myself right in the centre of the town that my work colleague lives in.  I looked around.  Gone were the old buildings and boarded up shops.  There were bars, boutiques, cafes restaurants.  I parked my car and walked to the estate agent. 

A pretty blonde smiled and shook my hand.  She said, Betty do you mind if we view another flat too as there is someone else interested in this flat and he wants to view another one.

So we walked down the road into the little town. My eyes took in the restaurants, bars, yoga studio....I found myself saying out loud, I love this!  It is exactly like Manchester City Centre but smaller and less chaotic.

We viewed a flat that was nice but not suitable for me. No parking.  It was clean and modern.  The other guy seemed interested.

We then walked down back towards where the estate agent was. 

She walked to a door on the street that didn't look like much.  She opened the door and we walked through a modern development. We walked to a frosted glass door on the ground floor.  When she opened the door and turned the light on, I gasped.  I was looking at the biggest kitchen I had ever seen!!  It was massive!!!  Black worktops and white clean cupboards.  A dishwasher, fridge and freezer. The living room was massive too!!!  The hard wood floors were clean and neutral.  She showed us the master bedroom and the en suite.  She then showed us the spare room and second bathroom that had a nice big bathtub.  Everything was furnished with modern, clean furniture,  And unlike the flat that I live in, it wasn't overwhelming.  I have to buy cutlery, plates and stuff like that and I don't mind that. 

I looked around at the modern flat and smiled. 

This could very well be Rage Towers. 

The other guy seemed disinterested.  I told the estate agent that was I interested.  I told her that I had guinea pigs and what had happened before

She smiled and said to come to the office and fill in an application form and she will call the landlord.

I went back to the office (which was across the street from the flat) and I filled the form in.  I brought along my ID and proof of address.  She called the landlord and he approved my piggies.  We chatted about my moving in date and I decided March 31st.

I left feeling happy.  I felt so refreshed seeing how that town had been rejuvenated.  A Hot Yoga Studio is a 5 minute walk, the train station and tram is 10 minutes.  It just seemed perfect

When I got in, I messaged Suzanne.  Suzanne said go for it!!  And I thought, I will.

Well on Friday, I got approved and I officially move in March 31st!!  I told my current estate agent and as my flat is falling apart (hello leaking windows and the sewage stench coming from the bathtub!) I can hand my keys over April 1st. 

I booked the time off work and I am buzzing.  I feel like I am winning again!!!

This year so far has proven to be crazy.  I'm young, free and single and I am moving to a town that is young, rejuvenated and vibrant.  When I leave my current home, I will leave blessing it.  Loving it.  Thanking it for keeping me safe.  Thanking it for getting me out of a horrible state of hell.

So I have started getting ideas for my new place.  I am excited to make this flat my own.  I'm so excited that Suzanne and I are going to revisit it and then I am taking Suzanne out for lunch.  She is the best at decorating and she knows my style. 

So out with the old, in with the new! 

So until next time, Ragers and Ragettes, keep your head and standards high and your heels even higher

Lots of Love

The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxx





1 comment:

  1. Darlin'- I am so happy for you and this new chapter in your life. You have made a clean slate of it the past couple of months and are walking in a completely different direction on your path!!!! I cant wait to help you shop and decorate your new place!!! Roll on March!!!! xoxo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete