Tuesday 18 February 2020

On Breaking Up with Mr Wonderful

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!

Yes, you read that title right.  Last night I broke up with Mr Wonderful

So I am sat here in my cosiest sweater, my favorite camo print velour jogging bottoms and fluffy socks. 

It all started on Valentine's Day. 

I don't usually get involved with office conversations as I am usually too busy. 

Sandra (name changed to protect the innocent) was telling us all what her fiancee and her were doing for Valentine's.  She just got engaged and they were going out for a romantic meal together.

Betty, what are you doing.  Are you seeing your fella this weekend?

I looked up and said, no.  He's still in Switzerland.  It then came out of my mouth, to be honest, I want to break up with him.

Sandra looked at me and said, then do it Betty.  You are young.  Don't be wasting your time on someone that isn't right for you. 

She then walked out and I was left with her words ringing in my ears.

I had an ok weekend.  I viewed a flat and I fell in love with it straight away.  I filled in the form in anticipation to send it off on Monday and secure the flat as my own.

Monday came around and I submitted my forms.

I received a call from the agency and she said, ok Betty, let's go through this.  We talked through the forms and then she said, do you have any pets.  I said, yes I do.  I have guinea pigs.

Oh, she said.  That is a problem.  This is a strict no pet household.  I'll call to see if I can allow it.

She hung up,  I felt sick to my stomach.  This flat had everything I wanted, or so I thought.

She called back and said, you can have the guinea pigs but they have to be outside, as the flat had a garden

First of all, mine are indoor guinea pigs.  And Guinea pigs, if they are subjected to wet, windy and cold weather under 15 degrees C, they can die. 

I told her I would have to think about it.  Anyway, I went back and asked if I put a bigger deposit down, could I keep them inside.  She asked the landlord, they said no.  I then thought about it and went back to the estate agent and told her that I it would have to be a no from me, my piggies and I are a packaged deal.

She then tried pleading with the landlord again.  The final word?  No.

So Monday sucked.  I was upset about losing this apartment.

I got in and made dinner and relaxed.

Football was on.  So Mr Wonderful and I usually chat when the footy is on.  Anyway, it was a tasty match.  Very exciting and poorly refereed. 

He sent me a message and I don't know if it was because I was tired or upset about the apartment but he pushed a button. 

The floodgates opened and I sent him a very angry, bitchy message. He responded Ok. 

I sat back, my heart was in my throat.  I thought to Sandra and my conversation on Valentines Day.  Why was I putting myself through this?  Then the words came out.

I am sorry.  I shouldn't have subjected you to that.  You didn't deserve it.  Then I broke it off with him.

I don't think this s going to work.  We live too far apart.  We've been doing this for 2 years now almost.  Nothing has changed...I spoke from the heart.  Honestly. 

I then told him to not contact me as I wanted to get my head right.

I then messaged Suzanne straight away.  It hadn't registered. 

I put my phone down and I tried to sleep.  I couldn't.  My head was a jungle. 

So I had no sleep last night. 

I clock watched and got up early.  Had my shower and got to work early.  As I have  key for the building I am able to come and go as I please.  So I let myself in.

I checked my phone.  No response from Mr Wonderful.

I messaged our mutual friend and told her what happened.  And in fairness, she was so supportive and kind and understanding.

I messaged my mother.  And I messaged Sandra and told her what I did.

Today was an odd day.  I had a lot of work to do so I kept busy.  I just kept my head down, listened to my tunes and got on with it.

At lunch Sandra came to my desk and presented me with a bouquet of flowers.  I looked at her and she said, welcome to the first day of the rest of your life

The IT guy (who I get along with very well and if he was 15 years younger and single, I so would go there...we have a.....chemistry.  But he is married with kids and I don't want to be that woman) over heard and came over to my desk and hugged me. 

I looked around and I saw faces of concern.  I was touched

So the IT guy made a point of making me laugh for the rest of the day.  Sandra checked in on me and the pervy finance manager who loves to stare at the girls chests was extra lovely.

I think about it, and a few things stick out.

1.  I didn't shed a single tear.  At all.  Either that makes me a total sociopath or I didn't love him

2.  I work with some of the loveliest people.  I am blessed.  I love my job

3.  The apartment situation?   I'll find something better.  I know I will.  I'm not worried about it.  I am viewing one tomorrow so we will see

Sandra was right.  Today the beginning of the rest of my life.  I am young, free and single.

So what will I do next?  Well, first I am going to tuck into my dinner consisting of curly fries and chicken nuggets (I just broke up with the guy I was seeing!!!  Give me a break!!!), watch a series on Netflix and have an early night

Then I am going to work hard, workout, get my body into better shape and make this summer a summer of love.  Love firstly for myself and my life and then I'll look around for a great man to join me in my adventures.  I mean,Manchester has a population of 2.8 million, there must be a man that I can have a relationship with?  Right?

Until next time Ragers and Ragettes, keep your head and standards high and your heels even higher

Lots of Love

The Fabulous Betty Rage xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment