Thursday 12 October 2017

On the Aftermath

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!  It’s a sunny but cool day here in St Helens.  Today I am rocking my red frilled blouse, bootcut jeans, cowboy boots and my favorite lippy of all time.  It’s Too Faced Melted Matte in a shade called “Lady Balls”.  It’s a velvety red color that is very, very similar to the iconic Mac lippy shade Ruby Woo.  It stays all day and even better, it’s cruelty free.  I’ve started to put all my cosmetics and skin care to cruelty free as I don’t feel that little guinea pigs and rabbits should have to suffer for me to look good.

Well, the breakup is done.  Now here is the aftermath.  I have been a very busy Betty for the last few days.

On Monday I had to go to my old flat and get the cleaners in to clean it for when I hand over the keys to the landlord.  On Monday, while the flat was being cleaned, I viewed 2 properties.  One was occupied by a smoker.  The room was nice but too small.  Thanks but no thanks.

The second property I viewed was a house share with a nice older (much older, say late 50’s) Jewish gentleman named Paul (names have been changed to protect the innocent).  This was the property with the walk in closet.  The room itself is well….gorgeous!  Hard wood floors, my own bathroom (en-suite) and a walk in closet (he had me at walk in closet!).  He will allow me to bring my guinea pigs with me (there is plenty of room for them in my room) and this property is 2 miles from my new job and 6 miles from Suzanne.

After viewing the room, Paul and I chatted for an hour.  We laughed and were in constant conversation.  He’s a really lovely guy.  He is a recruitment agent and he works from home 2 days a week.  He has an office in Manchester city centre.   He goes to the gym and eats healthily.  He likes football and is quite relaxed.  He offered me the room and I accepted. 

There is one little issue.  I would only be able to move in on November 10th as he as a temporary lodger in for 3 weeks.  I am praying that this lodger falls through or leaves early. 

When I got in on Monday, Simon was waiting for me with a big bouquet of flowers with a sign that said “Come away with me”.  I must admit, my stomach lurched.  He was sobbing again.  It broke my heart.  Seeing him cry has been the worst part of this whole process.  I would never want to make someone cry.  And, yes, I do care about him.  Love him?  No. 

Tuesday, he stayed at home as it couldn’t face going into work.  So I went in and I had to leave early because I had to hand my keys over, pop in and get my nails done (It was a mandatory goddess maintenance!!)  I got back to work and pretended that everything was ok. 

The girl that replaced me when I first left asked me what was going on.  Simon told her on Monday that we had broken up.  So I told her the truth.  I told her exactly what had happened.  I got my dream job.  I don’t love Simon anymore and I needed to get out.  She actually listened and wished me good luck.  No mean thoughts or words.

When I got back to the house, Simon was on the couch on his laptop.  We talked civilly and watched TV together.

Yesterday Simon was in great form!!!!!  He and I were laughing and joking and chatting like old times.  It was like being with my best friend. 

It was the same today.

Now either he has accepted this and we are going to act civilly and I will work my notice and then easily move out or he is in denial and the next 4 weeks are going to very awkward.  We do have a laugh. 

I haven’t been leading him on.  We hug and look after each other.  At work, I must admit I am doing my best work that I have ever done for him.  The business has been having an issue with cash flow and I found out one of the reasons.  There is an issue with the shipping calculations and we are basically not making any money on shipments.  So today we have worked through it.  Again, I am happy and relieved but also wary….

You see, Simon and I need to have the discussion about the house.  Now, the situation is this.  When the mortgage was done, it was done on my salary and not Simon’s as he only claims a basic wage.  But he was the one that put all the money down for the deposit and he has paid for everything with a pot of money that we had from the refund from our deposit on the flat that we rented.  I have not contributed a penny to the house.  The only thing that have done is paid for food for both of us.

So, the rule of law, as I understand it (and I could be wrong) is that he needs to either buy me out (which would be nothing) and he needs to prove that he can afford the house on his own.  As he gets a basic wage, he would be rejected.  There is a way around this.  He can pay himself my wage for 3 months and then he can prove that he can buy me out.  Now as I haven’t contributed a penny to this house, I don’t get anything and you know what?  I am cool with that.  I just want my freedom.  Or he can sell the house.  And again, as he put all the money in, I would happily give my portion over.  I just want freedom.  I could get his parents to “buy me out” and take my portion.  There are possibilities.  But I have learned a lesson from this.  If you don’t feel right about something, fuck other people’s feelings. 

I think that we don’t like to have confrontation or upset people so we go along with things that we don’t like.  We need to stop doing that and stand up and say “No.  I do not want that!!”  So next time I am faced with a similar situation, I know what I need to do.

Since I have broken up with Simon, I have to say, I feel….I feel like a weight has been taken off my shoulders.  I feel like I am on the right path to get my life together and to have the life that I want. 

The end game is to get my own place, so staying with Paul will be temporary as I can save a lot of money each month. 

So I am taking one day at a time, trying to be as sensitive to Simon’s feelings (we haven’t made our split “official” yet and I think that I am going to do that when I move out.) and just be the best that I can be.  It’s been emotionally draining.  I am exhausted but I know that this is temporary.  I think by mid-November I will be in a better situation.  I’ll be in my new place, I’ll be in my new job and I would have said good-bye to my old life. 

Yes, the next 4 weeks (its 4 weeks until I leave St Helens and over 3 weeks until I leave this job) will be trying.  I will have great days.  I’ll have low days.  I am just going to take each day as it comes.  Be grateful for what I do have and take control of my future.

So until next time Ragers and Ragettes, keep your heads and standards high and your heels even higher!

Lots of love

The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment