Sunday 8 October 2017

Breaking Up Is Hard to Do Part 2

Hey Ragers and Ragettes.

On the back of yesterday's post more has happened

Last night I wanted to do it but I couldn't.  I couldn't eat my dinner and I was shaking.  Simon was sitting there happily eating his dinner and watching Netflix.  I opened my mouth to try and say the words but I couldn't. I just couldn't.  I felt light headed and tired.  So I decided that I needed to try and get a good night's sleep.

I went to sleep, Simon beside me.  I slept ok but woke up early with that feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I went to the toilet and calmed myself down.  I heard Simon get up.  I finished in the toilet and headed downstairs.  Simon made me a cup of coffee and we watched some TV.

I finally spoke up.  I told him that we needed to finish the conversation from yesterday.  Then the words just came out.

I actually broke up with him.  His response?  He sobbed uncontrollably, like a child.  He howled, cried, sobbed. 

I did it as sensitively and tenderly as I could.  I kept my voice the same low tone.  I didn't argue, insult or do anything like that.  Yes, I shed tears too.  I didn't get a lump in my stomach.  I didn't get any feeling at all.  No pain in my stomach.  I actually felt relieved.  Words tumbled out of my mouth easily.  I felt like I was saying the right thing.  He cried on and off.  There were periods of silence and moments when I held his hand and said, that it would be ok.  I told him that I didn't feel any hatred or ill feelings for him.  I just couldn't love him the way he wanted me to.  And he couldn't love me the way I needed him to. 

I let him cry.  I hugged him as he cried on my shoulder.  I rubbed his back as he sobbed.  It was seriously the worst thing I have ever done.  It felt shit making him cry.  But I know that I did the right thing.

Not once when he was begging did I consider saying, ok I'll go back with you. 

As Suzanne says, the band aid has been ripped off and I feel free.  I actually feel free!!

Phase 2 is done.

Now, Phase 3.  What happens next. 

Here are the facts.  I have to work 4 weeks with him and live in the same house.  This is going to be awkward.  Because in the grief process after sadness, I believe anger is next.  This is where it could get messy.

We have the matter of the house to discuss.  And over property it could get expensive and nasty.  I am hoping that we deal with this amicably.  A lot can happen in a month.

Now I am making plans.  When destruction happens, my best trait is making plans for the future.  I went on a website that advertises flatshares.  Looking at my savings, it wouldn't be viable for me to get a place on my own yet.  So flat sharing is going to have to be the answer to the problem.  I have responded to a few ads and I have 2 potential properties to look at. 

The first is 4 miles from the new job.  It's with a guy who sounds kind of boring.  The rent is good and he allows pets and the advert says that it has a walk in closet.  Walk in closet?  I'm there!!  I'm viewing it tomorrow.

The second one looks perfect.  It's a flat with 2 girls.  I can bring my guinea pigs and the rent is spot on in a trendy apartment. 

Each option is a winner.

The hardest part is done.  Now the next 4 weeks will be hard but I am harder, tougher and stronger.  I know that I am entering a new chapter in my life and that the next few weeks are going to be hellish.  The next few weeks are going to be difficult but I can and will triumph and I can and will get through them.  I know who my friends are. 

And as my girl crush Elena LaShelle says, I AM GODDESS. You  know what Elena?  Too fucking right I am. 





1 comment:

  1. From Elena: Too fucking right you ARE! You need someone who is your equal, Betty. Well, at least close to your equal. I'm not convinced there is a MM alive that is equal to a Goddess. On that point tho- I do think either choice for a room mate would be good. Altho- I do think that Walk-in closet person might have the edge.
    I have wet dreams about closet space since moving here.
    You will survive the next 4 (ish) weeks. Then you will THRIVE.
    We shall get together soon for a Goddess Chat. xoxox

    ReplyDelete